PDA

View Full Version : Pats/Raiders

Sabes
01-14-2007, 01:56 PM
How were the 2 scraps? Guathier/Stosez and Hewson/Teubert

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Gauthier and Stoez went at it, but there wasnt really any takedown. The only shots (2 or 3) that really got in were from stoez, so I will give him the decision, but it was still pretty close. Teubert totally beat on Hewson, even thoguh Hewson had his helmut on a started the fight.

I would have liked to see Mcdonald start a fight, being that he was trying to push around some of his former teammates for some reason, even the ones that were supposedly good friends of his like Schira and Ross. Whenever he got a penalty, which happened twice, he didnt go in the box for some reason. Onetime he just continued his shift as they announced Mcdonald for roughing. He mgiht have been a little peed off because he was given a few huge hits, like one in the head that made him hit the boards in a scary way from schira.

Its gonna be fun seeing the pats deal with that little bugger next time we face them, I guess you guys were right about the whole cocky thing, but he never did that here all that much. It was a really good game, and if not for Eberles shot, I think it would have probably gone your way in the end. Aime and Rowat were amazing, but Aime had to come up with alot bigger saves.

nivek_wahs
01-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Article on the game... http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=d3e2077f-6fcd-452c-815e-e2367de282e3&k=11318

P.A. had Aime on an upset

Greg Harder, The Leader-Post
Published: Monday, January 15, 2007

Who was that masked man?

Rookie David Aime came oh-so-close to becoming an unlikely hero on Saturday night -- a little too close for the liking of the Regina Pats, who threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Prince Albert Raiders' netminder in a 2-1 nailbiter before 4,528 fans at the Brandt Centre.

"Geez, he made some unbelievable saves," said Raiders head coach Peter Anholt, whose team was outshot 41-25. "I think (the Pats) were just a little bit more desperate than we were. We cheated a little bit on their winning goal and the hockey gods came back to bite us."

Actually, it was Jordan Eberle.

With time running out in the third period, Eberle picked up a loose puck along the boards and had a clear path to Aime, drilling a shot into the top corner to break a 1-1 draw.

"There were seven minutes left and we needed a goal," said Eberle. "It was getting frustrating, but he's not going to stop them all. We just kept plugging away and we got it done."

Aime, 17, was making a rare start in place of veteran workhorse Jesse Deckert. The backup's performance had the Pats shaking their heads in disbelief for most of the night, but it didn't start out that way.

Kirt Hill opened the scoring 4:34 into the first period when he burst down the left side and beat Aime cleanly with a wrist shot from well out. It was Hill's first goal since he was acquired from the Kelowna Rockets on Dec. 6.

"I've had tons of shots since I've been here and finally I got one," said Hill, who snapped a 13-game goal-less drought. "Everything is going well, I just have to keep improving, work on the little things every day, and more and more goals are going to go in."

Pats netminder Linden Rowat wasn't as busy as his counterpart, but his performance was virtually mistake free. The only blemish came early in the third period during a 5-on-3 power play when Matt Robertson had an easy tap-in after a fortunate bounce off the end boards.

Rowat slammed the door from there, making 24 saves for his fourth win in the past six games -- all on home ice. Regina (18-22-1-3) also pulled into a third-place tie with P.A.

The Pats and Raiders have met five times this season, four of them decided by one goal. Regina has won twice in regulation and once in overtime while the Raiders posted two shootout victories.

"We have a tremendous amount of respect for the talent they have on their team," said Anholt. "For the most part we've played really, really hard against them. I suspect that all of our games are going to be tough because we understand the magnitude of the games. This East Division is so tight. People say it's maybe a weaker division, but I tell you want, the games are sure tough to play in."

The Pats have five days off before they hit the road for two more East Division clashes: Friday against the Saskatoon Blades and Saturday versus P.A.

It's a welcome reprieve for a team that has undergone significant roster changes over the past five weeks. Regina's two most-recent additions, Michael MacAngus and Myles Stoesz, have yet to work out with their new team.

"The best thing we have going for us right now is a full week of practice," said GM Brent Parker. "You can see that we're a little out of synch. We're still a bit fragile. Hopefully our confidence is starting to come. It's just going to take some time."

EXTRAS: Stoesz had a conspicuous debut, dropping the gloves with WHL penalty minutes leader Mike Gauthier just 38 seconds into the game. They duked it out to a no-decision ... Stoesz played despite a groin injury which the Pats didn't know about until after they acquired him from the Chilliwack Bruins. The matter is expected to go before the league ... Prince Albert has lost six straight road games ... Regina's next home game is Sunday against the Spokane Chiefs.

© The Leader-Post (Regina) 2007

nivek_wahs
01-15-2007, 06:37 AM
From the previous post (article):
... Stoesz played despite a groin injury which the Pats didn't know about until after they acquired him from the Chilliwack Bruins. The matter is expected to go before the league ... What's up with this? I'm curious as to what will happen with this situation.

witness
01-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Ryan McDonald is a yapper and always has been a yapper. He is the kind of player that you can't wait to line up against the boards. He was like that with the Pats and he is like that with PA.

Bran
01-15-2007, 10:12 PM
From the previous post (article):What's up with this? I'm curious as to what will happen with this situation.
Yeah, I thought that was weird, too...winder what will come of it?

Also weird...the scorekeeper walking across the ice during the 2nd period...If he was that late, wouldn't he have gone in the back way? Ah well.

As for Ryan McDonald...he was just being Ryan McDonald! I liked him when he was here, and I still do. I think he wanted to score pretty badly though. I think Ross was laughing after McDonald tried to push him around, then when Pyett and McDonald lined up next to eachother for the faceoff they were talking and laughing. I don't think it was anything personal at all...well, it may have been, to an extent. But it wasn't about them so much as it was about him being a bit of a punk and trying to show off. We had to laugh when he and Deck were going at eachother at the end of the game...then on his way out he starts yapping at the fans behind the bench. Makes for an interesting night when McDonald is around!

Speaking of the end of the game...I wonder how Leffler was feeling after blocking that shot with 5 seconds left? That had to hurt. I was listening to the Overtime Show and I was hoping they'd give their 'never quit' award to Justin Scott but they gave it to Leffler because as Rod said "he nearly gave his life to block a shot". I suppose I can deal with that!