PDA

View Full Version : Why the Hitmen are a mediocore team

Hitmen1
01-14-2007, 05:30 PM
So I have broken down the team season based on their record vs the Central, East, and West Conference.

Record vs the Western Conference is: 5-2-0-2

A good record against teams they don't see very often.

Record vs the Eastern Division is: 9-3-0-0

Solid record probably because 4 of 5 teams are .500 or less.

Record vs the Central division: 10-12-0-1

Not a good record against the teams that they play the most and that are their biggest rivals. My question is, why can't this team get and play with a solid effort against division foes? Lack of leadership? Lack of heart? Poor coaching? Maybe they aren't prepared by the coaches?

RunTheGoalie
01-14-2007, 09:02 PM
I can answer that question with two words: Kelly Kisio.

The Hitmen will NEVER succeed so long as he is in control of this team. They have been a mediocre team ever since he put his stamp on this team. Even last year, he only looks good because Justin Pogge flips a switch inside his head and plays at an all world level.

Missing the playoffs would almost be a blessing in disguise if it means getting rid of Kisio.

Big Ern
01-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Our team is amazing! They sounded and looked about as dead as I've ever seen them, and then what the hell happened!!!!???
Enough said...I don't know what to say!!!
All I will say, is, Levi Nelson can't seem to go a game without a point....LOL LOL
The pigeon brought them luck at the Saddledome that's all!
Good goin boys, GOOD GOIN'!!!!
Of course goalie Travis Yonkman was UNBELIEVABLE!
Did we deserve the win? HELL NO!!! Will we take it? YES WE WILL! We needed those two points, that's for sure!!!

RunTheGoalie
01-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Yonkman was ridiculous tonight, but the loss came down to Petterson taking a lazy penalty late in the third, and the team just folding the tent after that. That is a coaching problem on Calgary's side, and has very little to do with the Broncos.

Big Ern
01-14-2007, 09:49 PM
The Hitmen were 1 for 5 on the PP...top PP in the league???...although Yonkman was the prime reason for the win. Calgary played very well. This happens sometimes.
Will you go and blame it on Kisio just yet...I dunno...he seems to be a great coach, generally. Up to you guys, I guess.

Hitmen1
01-14-2007, 10:26 PM
I would agree that Kisio is not a good coach but I think he could stay as the GM, I think he has made the team competitive with some good trades and drafting.

RunTheGoalie
01-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Has the team really been competitive though?

With the exception of last year, the Hitmen have always been a 3rd/4th place team under Kisio that has not gotten past the second round.

It is long past time to move in a new direction, both at the coaching and GM level.