PDA

View Full Version : Hulak scores 45 seconds in

Tidball
01-14-2007, 06:37 PM
(Period 1) Cloud fights palazzo in a very lenthgy tilt. Draw. Good effort by Hulak to get the first goal.
Raiders tie it up with a nice passing play 2 on 1. Very physical so far. Klotz and Gauthier were on the ice at the same time but nothing came out of it.

(Period 2) Hulak made an excellent effort to pressure the raiders which resulted in a partial break but was hooked down. Hulak is amazing. On the ensuing PP Menei gets a juicy rebound and scores form Hulak and Gillies.

(Period 3) Raiders score after a no call icing which kinda sucked, Ward sorta stopped thinking it would be icing but the play continued and andy Smith beat Holtby.

OT, Holtby coughs up the puck to Matt Roberstson which is a big no no and he makes them pay. Crappy ending, especially the way Raiders 2nd goal was scored. But thats the way she goes 3-2 Raiders, good game.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-14-2007, 08:01 PM
1 goal and 1 assist so far tonight. Wow he has really looked good and is helping out offensively as well which is good to see. :thumb:

Dwight Schrute
01-14-2007, 08:47 PM
smith scores with 4:39 left.
we are going to o/t

Dwight Schrute
01-14-2007, 08:50 PM
holtby coughs up a clearing attempt and to robertson and he scores raiders win

Tidball
01-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Hulak was easily the best player out there. But the Raiders 3-star guy has always picked them favorably. Hulak was a great pick up at the trade deadline.

Knuckle Chucker
01-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Hulak was easily the best player out there. But the Raiders 3-star guy has always picked them favorably. Hulak was a great pick up at the trade deadline.

Great and classy move by the Pats to trade the kid home so he can be with his ill mother. The Blades took advantage of the situation as there is no way that the Pats trade Hulak for MacAngus under normal curcumstances. At least one of the two teams did the right thing.

Dwight Schrute
01-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Andy Smith was the best player on the ice, But you are right Hulak was a steal.I also really like Crowley.
i think crowley is pretty good too

Tidball
01-15-2007, 01:37 AM
[/B]

Great and classy move by the Pats to trade the kid home so he can be with his ill mother. The Blades took advantage of the situation as there is no way that the Pats trade Hulak for MacAngus under normal curcumstances. At least one of the two teams did the right thing.

Lorne gave the Pats a player whos on the verge of having a break out season. A player whos netted hat tricks in the WHL. MacAngus a 3rd and a 5th was a fair deal for Hulak and a 4th.

Tidball
01-15-2007, 01:38 AM
i think crowley is pretty good too

1 of the very few times ill agree with you. Crowley is great at creating havoc, very quick and gets good scoring chances, he needs at least 2nd line ice time.

Also he will drop the gloves to try and pump up his team if they're comming out flat.

witness
01-15-2007, 09:07 AM
The Pats got fair valve for Hulak (for now). It is Hulak's potential that might not be compensated for. But, you have to do what you have to do.

Knuckle Chucker
01-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Lorne gave the Pats a player whos on the verge of having a break out season. A player whos netted hat tricks in the WHL. MacAngus a 3rd and a 5th was a fair deal for Hulak and a 4th. "At least one of the two teams did the right thing" Get a life troll.

Who cares if he is on the verge of a break out season. Hulak will be a top 10 player in the entire WHL and MacAngus will be no where near that level. The Pats got ripped off. A good friend of mine who works for the Pats has told me so. The Pats asked for fair market value in the trade but the Blades, knowing the Pats were in a very difficult spot, lowballed them. There was no way Parker could say no to the trade given the situation and the Blades used it to their advantage. The Pats are PO'ed and have a right to be.

Shortys
01-15-2007, 10:35 AM
So what would have been a fair trade in your opinion Knuckle Chucker?? Cole and a 1st round pick for him? haha Get real. MacAngus is a great player, and this was a good trade for both teams.

Number_4
01-15-2007, 10:59 AM
You cant trade for a players potential these days. Way too many first/second rounders have failed to live up to the expectations nowadays. Pats got what they could. Im not saying that they shouldnt have gotten more, but Parkers hands were tied. And really, trading within the division is always risky. Lorne had the upper hand... anyone with good buisness sense would take advantage of that.

Knuckle Chucker
01-15-2007, 11:28 AM
You cant trade for a players potential these days. Way too many first/second rounders have failed to live up to the expectations nowadays. Pats got what they could. Im not saying that they shouldnt have gotten more, but Parkers hands were tied. And really, trading within the division is always risky. Lorne had the upper hand... anyone with good buisness sense would take advantage of that.

Taking advantage of a players mom dieing of cancer is GREASY no matter how you look at it. The Pats did the right thing by trading the kid. Too bad the Blades didn't match the integrity given the unique situation. Like I have said (and I was told this by a member of the Pats staff) under normal circumstances, the Pats Never make that trade...NEVER!

Knuckle Chucker
01-15-2007, 11:31 AM
So what would have been a fair trade in your opinion Knuckle Chucker?? Cole and a 1st round pick for him? haha Get real. MacAngus is a great player, and this was a good trade for both teams.

No. More like McCrae or Gillies straight up.

Shortys
01-15-2007, 11:49 AM
^ :laugh: You are too funny.

howley
01-15-2007, 12:29 PM
nothing against hulak but where is he ranked in the iss rankings or anyones draft rankings for that matter, mccrae is on the rise and gillies is on the fall but they are still sitting mid first round. How is going straight up even close to fair. If Hulak goes first round, then ok. I am wrong. But c'mon. I do think the pats lost the trade due to circumstances but your making it sound like we gave you a plug for the next brule.

Sabes
01-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Gillies is sitting as a late first and McRae is sitting about 3rd round.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-15-2007, 05:32 PM
yes that is correct Gillies is sitting as a late 1st and McCrae is a 3rd rounder.

It does not really matter if Hulak is drafted(it would be a bonus and help him achieve his dream),but regaurdless he is a good hockey player and he will get to face his former team (and so will MacAngus) on the 19th this friday in Saskatoon.

howley
01-15-2007, 06:24 PM
what rankings have gillies late first and mccrae third? Anything I have seen has had gillies in the top 15 and Mccrae moving from 29th to 21st over the past month. Of course that may have been just North American, I don't remember.

Sabes
01-15-2007, 06:33 PM
what rankings have gillies late first and mccrae third? Anything I have seen has had gillies in the top 15 and Mccrae moving from 29th to 21st over the past month. Of course that may have been just North American, I don't remember.

NHL central scouting has Gillies at 21st and McRae at 62nd in NA. Once you factor in goalies and Euros that puts Gillies as late 1st-early 2nd and McRae in the 3rd-4th round.

howley
01-15-2007, 06:45 PM
I was going by ISS

http://hockeysfuture.com/articles/9358

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-15-2007, 08:06 PM
nothing against hulak but where is he ranked in the iss rankings or anyones draft rankings for that matter, mccrae is on the rise and gillies is on the fall but they are still sitting mid first round. How is going straight up even close to fair.

Hulak is not eligible for this years draft if I am not mistaken, being that he was born in september. I think that with another year of experience under his belt, along with this season, he will most likely go in the higher rounds of the NHL Draft. Who knows? maybe higher than Gillies or McRae are predicted to go.

I agree that one of your potential stars for ours would have been a more fair deal. I dont blame Lorne for the decision he made, but the Pats will got the shaft.

Maybe it is what Parker wanted though, he seems to have an obsession of replacing the more skilled players (Mcdonald, Duval, Bernhardt) with the more gritty players (Reich, Ofukany, Elder).

Either way, I think that Gillies(because Mcrae would be a better leader for this rebuilding blades squad by having more experience, though either would be equally good) for Hulak and a low/mid round pick (since Mcrae/Gillies are more proven so far than Hulak) would have been a (more)fair deal

Knuckle Chucker
01-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Hulak is not eligible for this years draft if I am not mistaken, being that he was born in september. I think that with another year of experience under his belt, along with this season, he will most likely go in the higher rounds of the NHL Draft. Who knows? maybe higher than Gillies or McRae are predicted to go.

I agree that one of your potential stars for ours would have been a more fair deal. I dont blame Lorne for the decision he made, but the Pats will got the shaft.

Maybe it is what Parker wanted though, he seems to have an obsession of replacing the more skilled players (Mcdonald, Duval, Bernhardt) with the more gritty players (Reich, Ofukany, Elder).

Either way, I think that Gillies(because Mcrae would be a better leader for this rebuilding blades squad by having more experience, though either would be equally good) for Hulak and a low/mid round pick (since Mcrae/Gillies are more proven so far than Hulak) would have been a (more)fair deal

I know from my inside source that the Pats asked for either Gillies or McCrae which would have been fair given the situation. We didn't talk about draft picks but it could have been part of it.

Bran
01-15-2007, 09:26 PM
I don't think Hulak is eligble this year, for one thing.

I don't blame the Blades for doing what they did, either. They're trading to a division rival...do you really expect them to throw in a little extra, just to be nice? The Pats really weren't in a position to turn down whatever the Blades were offering. Did they take advantage of that? Absolutely, but I don't think most people are too bothered by it ). Derek is at home right now and that's the most important thing. If his mom weren't sick there's no way the Pats deal him, especially to a divisional team...Pats have Hulak, Blades have MacAngus and everyone's happy. But that's not the case, so you do what you can...I think MacAngus will be a great addition to this team, once he's a little more comfortable. I noticed a huge difference in him between his 1st and 2nd games in Regina last weekend. Besides, maybe the good karma will benefit the Pats?? This is the best thing for Derek and his family, and that's what matters. He gets to be with his family during this difficult time, and play hockey. When he was here, he missed so much being at home that it wasn't helping his development any, and his schooling was probably taking a hit as well.

Shortys
01-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Very well put Bran.

Knuckle Chucker, if your source says that the pats asked for either gillies or McCrae in the trade, well they could have asked for them both, but a good GM will not trade something that is of known value if you don't have to. The Pats may have given up a potentially great player, but so did the blades. MacAngus will be a great player for the pats in time, just as he was progressing here.

Trav
01-15-2007, 10:02 PM
a trade between the Pats and Blades that benefited the Blades in the last couple years.

Remember the Adam Ward for Dan Waschuk. While Dan left the team last year, he was a good addition the year before. Ward never really recovered from the mono that he had which was to bad.

Now it looks like Hulak deal is turning in to a very good deal by the Blades. 4 points in his first three games. Pretty impressive. He's going to be first liner for the next couple years I think.

Dwight Schrute
01-15-2007, 10:41 PM
perhaps having the first rounder aquired from PG in the seto deal would have made it a more fair trade

Shortys
01-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Okay, nothing against Hulak, I think he is a good player and will be great with us, BUT how could someone trade a first round pick, or one of our previous first rounders (Gillies and Macrae) for a guy who was picked in the 6TH ROUND, in his rookie season and has only played 19 games thusfar. It makes no sense whatsoever!!

MacAngus is a player that by stats is doing good, probably equal to what Hulak has or would have done up until the deadline. The only difference being MacAngus is 18, Hulak 17, that is where the picks came into play, they got a 3rd and 5th from us, and we got a 4th. Come on people, this was a pretty even trade!!!! If Hulak keeps doing what he has been doing the past couple games, we came out good, but who is to say that if he stayed in Regina he would have done as good, same with MacAngus, time will tell!!

Bran
01-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Okay, nothing against Hulak, I think he is a good player and will be great with us, BUT how could someone trade a first round pick, or one of our previous first rounders (Gillies and Macrae) for a guy who was picked in the 6TH ROUND, in his rookie season and has only played 19 games thusfar. It makes no sense whatsoever!!

MacAngus is a player that by stats is doing good, probably equal to what Hulak has or would have done up until the deadline. The only difference being MacAngus is 18, Hulak 17, that is where the picks came into play, they got a 3rd and 5th from us, and we got a 4th. Come on people, this was a pretty even trade!!!! If Hulak keeps doing what he has been doing the past couple games, we came out good, but who is to say that if he stayed in Regina he would have done as good, same with MacAngus, time will tell!!
You seriously understimate Hulak. And where a player was picked is pretty much irrelevant once they're playing. Many 1st and 2nd rounders amount to nothing. Jordan Eberle was picked in the 7th round...He'll likely end up a 1st of 2nd round NHL pick. Hulak's only played 19 games because he's been back and forth between Regina and Saskatoon. I think I'll like MacAngus...but under normal circumstance, Hulak likely wouldn't have been traded and if he were, the Pats would have gotten more for him.

Knuckle Chucker
01-16-2007, 10:40 AM
You seriously understimate Hulak. And where a player was picked is pretty much irrelevant once they're playing. Many 1st and 2nd rounders amount to nothing. Jordan Eberle was picked in the 7th round...He'll likely end up a 1st of 2nd round NHL pick. Hulak's only played 19 games because he's been back and forth between Regina and Saskatoon. I think I'll like MacAngus...but under normal circumstance, Hulak likely wouldn't have been traded and if he were, the Pats would have gotten more for him.

Well put Bran. Hulak will be a star in the WHL. MacAngus will be good but not a star.

You can add Andy Smith to the list of Hulak and Eberle as far as the draft meaning little once they start playing.

Too me your last sentence says it all...and I have been saying it all along.