PDA

View Full Version : Ice match up with the Giants!

Chipper
01-14-2007, 10:28 PM
I think there are many peple especialy in the Cranbrok market wondering who they are and how well we can match up against the mighty a Giants! I think we have been silenceing the critics on a garm by game basis. we have see that the Giants are about a 500 club through the central did and the Ice are actualy unbeated so far. I know that the best is saved for last and any thing can happen but its just nice to evaluate your team against the "elete teams" in the league and still come out on top. We have a g
team of guys that can play with any team and posiblely can make a hell of a run through the league and must be concidered as a threat to chalange for the memorial cup.

fightstrap50
01-14-2007, 11:14 PM
hear hear Chipper!! Well said as the guys are now 9 wins in a row on home ice and on an 8 game winning streak to boot!

The management knew what they were doing when they didnt make a move at trade deadline and showed how much they believe in this team of young headstrong hardworking players. I believe it too and hoped they wouldnt make any moves if it meant losing a guy or two instead of a draft pic or two as well as list players.

We gotta love it folks!

GO ICE GO!!!

Spungy
01-14-2007, 11:57 PM
What a great run we are on eh?

Dakers has had three shutouts in his last five games! :clap: well done Taylor!

fightstrap50
01-15-2007, 12:06 AM
What a great run we are on eh?

Dakers has had three shutouts in his last five games! :clap: well done Taylor!
yeah thats awesome he's really playing at the top of his game now and is really proving himself this year, not that he wasnt good the last years too.

But a few weeks ago we were the last team in the WHL to get a shutout in our favor and now we have like 4 or 5 all of a sudden.

And we cant forget Lazaruk, hes probly one of the best back up goalies in the league and saved our arses at the start of the season for two years in a row now. He can be a great starter himself and didnt ask to be moved or used as number 1 though hes more than capable. He sits quietly on the bench just like Dakers did behind Jeff Glass for a few years and developes in the same mold of quality tenders we get through here.

An awesome tandem for sure!

GO ICE GO!!!

Swando
01-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Great game by Dakers tonight --worthy of the 1st star as was Neufeld our back up worthy of 2nd star. I watched the game on the web and although it was a tough angle the rink looked on the smaller (at least shorter) side. Is this correct? I noticed little room behind the net so I'm thinking that it is a smaller rink than lets say the PNE where the Giants play? The Ice remind me of the type of game the Giants were playing early on in the year, taking care of their own end first and getting solid goaltending. Loved the reffing tonight as there were few penalties.

HAF
01-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Dakers really impressed me a few weeks ago when the Ice were in town. We had a ton of good scoring chances including a few breakaways and several odd man rushes and were stoned every time. I was really impressed with him last year but was amazed at how much he had matured in the last year.

Tiger Trauma
01-15-2007, 04:07 AM
The ice keep impressing me more and more.

I havnt watched them too closely, but it seems with the exception of the start of the season, they have played very consistent.

Lately kootenay has been tearing it up. What is it now 10-0-1-0 in thier last 11 games, and a goaltender who has been nearly unbeatable. Yikes!!

If they dont make next weeks CHL top 10, I'll be wondering why.

The tigers play them in 6 days so hopefully the ice will have "cooled" off by then. (Not likely haha )

That will be a big 4 point game

Chipper
01-15-2007, 05:29 AM
Great game by Dakers tonight --worthy of the 1st star as was Neufeld our back up worthy of 2nd star. I watched the game on the web and although it was a tough angle the rink looked on the smaller (at least shorter) side. Is this correct? I noticed little room behind the net so I'm thinking that it is a smaller rink than lets say the PNE where the Giants play? The Ice remind me of the type of game the Giants were playing early on in the year, taking care of their own end first and getting solid goaltending. Loved the reffing tonight as there were few penalties.

unless you are playing on an olympic Ice surface ours is the same. We play on NHL size Ice

HAF
01-15-2007, 01:49 PM

According the WHL guide the ice at the Rec Plex is 200' x 85' which is regulation size. The only rinks in the WHL that I know of that are different than this is are the Civic Center in Moose Jaw which is 194'x85' and Memorial Coliseum in Portland which is 185'x85'. The first time I was at the Rec Plex I thought it looked smaller too but it isnt.

Swando
01-16-2007, 01:49 AM
According the WHL guide the ice at the Rec Plex is 200' x 85' which is regulation size. The only rinks in the WHL that I know of that are different than this is are the Civic Center in Moose Jaw which is 194'x85' and Memorial Coliseum in Portland which is 185'x85'. The first time I was at the Rec Plex I thought it looked smaller too but it isnt.

Like I said it must have been the angle from which the cameras were located at. Thanks for the info!