PDA

View Full Version : Call ups

Scout
01-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Because of injuries, three players have been called up for tomorrows game against Seattle. On of them is Cody Eakin , the otheres are Greyeyes and Dowley.

Scout

Johnsy05
01-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Because of injuries, three players have been called up for tomorrows game against Seattle. On of them is Cody Eakin , the otheres are Greyeyes and Dowley.

Scout

By Dowley do u mean Justin Dowling? or is there someone else that i have not heard about? I'm excited to see both greyeyes and eakin play there first WHL games.

EDIT: Nvm i see on the bronco website that it is in fact dowling.

Toswammi
01-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Looks like we will see a lot of the future tomorrow night then

Scout
01-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Yes it is Dowling. I see i made alot of spelling mistakes also.lol. Thats what happens when your on the phone and typing at the same time. Sorry guys and gals.

Scout :D

2,5,andagame
01-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Could make for an interesting game, the road weary T-Birds vs the prospect Broncos.

Toswammi
01-16-2007, 01:22 PM
I just heard on the radio that there will be 4 midget call ups for the Broncos tonight.

Johnsy05
01-16-2007, 04:04 PM
I just heard on the radio that there will be 4 midget call ups for the Broncos tonight.

4 of them? who is the other one? Is mike Brown still with the team?

Link Dog
01-16-2007, 05:46 PM
I hope expectations are not too high on Eakin and the other youngsters. This isn't the preseason and they are still 15 and 16 years old. That being said I hope they kick a$$! Go get 'em boys!

Big Ern
01-16-2007, 06:17 PM
I hope expectations are not too high on Eakin and the other youngsters. This isn't the preseason and they are still 15 and 16 years old. That being said I hope they kick a$$! Go get 'em boys!

YEAH!! Let's kick 'em!!!! LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

ointhecreek
01-16-2007, 10:37 PM
WOW!!! Eakin, Downling,,,,WOW!! Future looks bright. Can't wait to watch them on a regular basis next year. applause

Flathead
01-16-2007, 10:42 PM
WOW!!! Eakin, Downling,,,,WOW!! Future looks bright. Can't wait to watch them on a regular basis next year. applause
IMO, Dowling could be playing in the league, right now.

Scout
01-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Getting to see Eakin play in a game situation was worth the price of admission. The last guy i saw that skates like him was Joe Sakic and he was 16 then. This kid is the real deal and he skated better and was faster than most players on both teams. Dowling is Dowling and he has speed and a good eye also. One thing i noticed is we are drafting to suit the new rule changes. Not drafting as big but alot of speed. Although Greyeyes didn't see alot of ice on defence, when he did get to play he didn't look out of place. Your right O, our future looks awful bright. We can't forget that our goaltending is set for the future. Yonkman is showing what kind of goalie he really is and Curtis is waiting for his chance to shine.

Scou

Johnsy05
01-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Agreed i thought dowling looked real good out there again tonight.. Eakin wasn't bad once he got his feet wet. greyeyes well like u said he didn't get much playing time but when he did he didn't look out of place.

Flathead
01-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Agreed i thought dowling looked real good out there again tonight.. Eakin wasn't bad once he got his feet wet. greyeyes well like u said he didn't get much playing time but when he did he didn't look out of place.
Eakin was pretty tentative his first 6 or 7 shifts, but like you said he wasn't bad once he got his feet wet. And yes, Scout he is a wonderful skater, that should bring the crowds to their feet for years to come. Greyeyes looked fairly good out their. We also have to remember that they are only 15 and their is a big difference between a 15 year old and a 20 year old. the future does look bright.

thehockeyman
01-17-2007, 09:03 PM
dowling rules.. after that performance last night i could see him being the next nelson.. hard working and very smart with the puck.. DOWLING RULES

minirep
01-18-2007, 01:21 PM
What do you guys think about bringing in Dowling full time. We could play him instead of Toulmin. I think Toulmin is not a good enough skater to play with the broncos especially next year, we will be flying out there. The other night against Seattle Toulmin didn't even stick up for his teamates infront of the net. R.J had to come and help out which caused a face-off outside there zone. Just my thoughts but future looks bright. punk rock