PDA

View Full Version : Kerr Suspension???

Swando
01-16-2007, 01:59 AM
I have looked on the WHL site 2x a day to see if they have posted a suspension for Kerr from Lethbridge for his elbow to the head on Machachek. Still no posting. If he is getting off for this it is a travesty. The replay was shown on the web cast at least 5-10 times and clearly shows Kerr skating across the ice (like Hunt does - just so you know what I mean) and leveling both Spencer and his own player. That hit will not only cost Spencer a game or two ( maybe more) but also a lot of $$$ if his draft stocks dips due to his absence at the Prospect Game on Wednesday.

N.W. Bruin
01-16-2007, 02:22 AM
I have looked on the WHL site 2x a day to see if they have posted a suspension for Kerr from Lethbridge for his elbow to the head on Machachek. Still no posting. If he is getting off for this it is a travesty. The replay was shown on the web cast at least 5-10 times and clearly shows Kerr skating across the ice (like Hunt does - just so you know what I mean) and leveling both Spencer and his own player. That hit will not only cost Spencer a game or two ( maybe more) but also a lot of $$$ if his draft stocks dips due to his absence at the Prospect Game on Wednesday.

The league doesn't have to rush looking into it because the Hurricanes had a few days off between games. Kerr will get a game suspension (maybe two).

Porkchop
01-16-2007, 10:32 AM
I was at the game and have seen the hit on leth. tv. The Giant player comes down the wing and cuts to the net with his head down, and kerr cuts him off and levels him with a good shoulder check. Replays show no elbow contact. I guess the giants are untouchable and should not be hit because they are going to the memorial cup. Time to move on and stop crying.

Highlander_Yank
01-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I have looked on the WHL site 2x a day to see if they have posted a suspension for Kerr from Lethbridge for his elbow to the head on Machachek. Still no posting. If he is getting off for this it is a travesty.

By that reasoning, Gilbert Brule should have gotten a suspension for the blindside move he pulled on Ondrej Fiala during the playoffs last year. It was an elbow-to-head hit that knocked Fiala out cold, resulted in a concussion, and caused him to miss a couple of games. Boogaard'd

Did Brule get suspended? Nope. Was it a travesty? Depends who you ask. Shall we all move on? Yes, by all means. :groovy:

rinkrat
01-16-2007, 12:30 PM
It was an elbow-to-head hit that knocked Fiala out cold, resulted in a concussion, and caused him to miss a couple of games.

Does Fiala skate with his head up now? :spineyes:

loudi94
01-16-2007, 12:46 PM
All indications here are that the ref blew the call and at the most he should have been given a minor for charging. If that had been the case than the Giants would have been able to administer their own brand of justice on Kerr (which is the way it should be). Maybe he gets a game to make things look good, but from what I saw, though a sinister play, there was no elbow to the head.

Highlander_Yank
01-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Does Fiala skate with his head up now? :spineyes:

Yep, so it was a lesson well learned. :thumb:

But ... stupid as it may be to skate with one's head down, IMHO that's no justification for seeing how loud you can ring someone's bell if you catch them doing it.

langdak
01-16-2007, 01:49 PM
But ... stupid as it may be to skate with one's head down, IMHO that's no justification for seeing how loud you can ring someone's bell if you catch them doing it.

You cant tell me you wouldnt be the first one to stand up and applaud if Beach was to lay somebody out with their head down

My opinion is if you skate with your head down your asking for it....regardless of whom you play for

Swando
01-16-2007, 03:35 PM
I was at the game and have seen the hit on leth. tv. The Giant player comes down the wing and cuts to the net with his head down, and kerr cuts him off and levels him with a good shoulder check. Replays show no elbow contact. I guess the giants are untouchable and should not be hit because they are going to the memorial cup. Time to move on and stop crying.

Wow.. Kerr skates across the full ice and nearly decapitates a vulnerable player being help up by another Cane. I'm glad the Lethbridge Tv shows it so clearly!!!! that it was not a penalty. I hope we meet you guys in the playoffs...oh I forgot you'll, not even make it to the first round.

Beaner
01-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Kerr gets one game.

01/16/07 Ryan Kerr Lethbridge One game for Charging Major and G.M vs Vancouver on January 13.

from, www.whl.ca

Pretty much standard practice this year any 5 min major get you minimum 1 game.

loudi94
01-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Kerr gets one game.

from, www.whl.ca

Pretty much standard practice this year any 5 min major get you minimum 1 game.

FWIW notice the penalty was changed to charging- not elbowing.

GF71
01-17-2007, 12:08 PM
He got One game.