PDA

View Full Version : Matt Strong

monarch39
01-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Word on the street is the Silvertips have recalled D Matt Strong (90) from the Lloydminster Bobcats of the AJHL. Strong was the third round pick of the Silvertips in the 2005 Bantam draft, and has 3 assists and 77 PIM's in 36 games this season for the Bobcats.

ihlemic10
01-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Rumors coming off Hewitt Ave? Is he coming in to give Alexander a bit of a break?

monarch39
01-16-2007, 04:08 PM
All I know is he is on his way there as we speak.

Highlander_Yank
01-17-2007, 01:45 PM
He's filling in while Pouter is injured, according to the Herald.

Redwic
01-17-2007, 02:31 PM
I had heard, prior to this season, that a newer rule had made it so that if a 16-year old is on the active roster he must place in at least 40 games during the regular season. Tyler Hlookoff, who originally beat out Matt Strong for a spot on the roster, only appeared in three games before being re-assigned.

I wonder if there is a "maximum" number of games in which a 16-year old can play, without the 40+ game rule taking effect. Like 5? 10? Just curious.
------------

From today's Herald:
Strong won't be with the team for the duration of Potuer's injury. His scheduled stay is just 10 days.

"We have quite a few games these next two weeks, so this gets us through those two weeks in case of any injuries," Constantine said. "We didn't want to sit with six defensemen and then have to call a guy in and throw him into the lineup without any practice with the team."
------------