PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Prospects

Warrior Fan
01-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Neal Prokop,Chad Suer,Jason Grecica, Travis Hamonic playing his rookie season with the Moose Jaw Warriors.
Brian Sommers playing in the AMHL. He has spent much of the currently season in the top 30 in league scoring. He had 20 points in 23 games at last check. He was a last cut from the Warriors after the pre-season.
Darcy Sideroff.... no idea what or where he is playing if someone can fill in that would be great.
Mitchel Labreche is playing Junior B in Nelson BC. He is a 16 year old this season. In 36 games he has 21 points. He played as a 15 year old with them last season as well and had a decent season for an underage player. Didn't make it to camp this season which has led some to believe he is a possible college candidate. Who knows for sure but him? Would be too bad with the skill the Warriors have put together on this team for the next few seasons. Success could be huge.
Brett Kitzan.... no idea. Not sure if he is on 50 man list.
Brett Willow has been a standout goalie over the last 2 rookie camps for the Warriors and showed well this year at main camp as well. He is a small goalie with very quick feet and reflexes. He boasts a strong glove hand.
Bryan Hull played midget AAA with the Hounds last season as a 16 year and saw some success. This season as a 17 year old he is again playing with the Hounds but there SJHL team. He is currently 3 on the team in scoring with 35 points in 40 games as a rookie. Hull is big in stature and has decent hands. He holds on to the puck a little too long at times and had to work on his skating. Could still fight for a spot on the roster next season.

Justin Maylan is currently playing Midget AAA hockey in Calgary. He was drafted out of the North Shore Winter club in North Vancouver. Maylan and his family moved to Vancouver so that he could play hockey. After last season the family moved back to Calgary where he currently plays for the UFA Bisons. Maylan has been in the top 20 in scoring for much of the season as a 15 year old. Justin has 8 goals and 25 points in 25 games. This year at Warrior camp he showed he can play with the big boys already. The puck seemed to be on a string and he was able to make hard plays look easy. Justins strengths will be his ability to see the ice and make plays. All season long he has been ahead of Cole Penner (highly touted draft pick for PA) in scoring.
Kevin Smith is a dman that was a teammate of Maylans at the NSWC. Smith will be a steady stay at home dman with some grit and power. Kevin has a great first pass out of the zone and good skating ability. He will be a welcome addition to the Warrior blueline as early has next season.
Michael Burns... not much info on Burns so if someone has a site to watch or keep track of him that would be great.
Michael at camp looked to have a solid build with good skating ability and an above average shot. I will have to wait til camp this year to see what he really has.
Clinton Atkinson.... no stats.... Clintong was a strong skater at camp and looked very aggresive. He may take 2 seasons to make the jump but the possibility is surely there.
Adam Murray is a highly rated US goalie. As of late it sounds as though he may be making the US national program his home. Time will tell with this goalie standout if Moose Jaw is the place for him or if he stays in the US.
Paul Bonar is the nephew of a Wheatking great. Paul is smooth skaing dman full of potential. Size may be an issue on the backend but in the new age of hockey it could also be a blessing. Paul is currently playing midget AAA in Brandon where he has 10 points in 29 games this season.
Riley Reinbolt..... no clue... help woud be nice
Nicholas Bourgeois was our 7th round pick in the draft this past season. Need I say more. MJ's 6th and 7th round picks have paid huge dividends over the past 10 seasons or so. Nick might not be any different. Bourgeois has been in the top 6 in AMHL scoring since the season commenced. He has a knack for using his speed to create turnovers and plays a very aggressive game. You will find him always generating offense of the forecheck. Nicks aggressive play and small, speedy stature will make him a very effective energy guy with some scoring punch at the next level.
Cory Scott .... no clue..... help please.
Kevin Jebson is a 17 year old this season and stuck with the Warriors. He played in one regular season game before heading home. Kevin is a big goalie that played for the Hope Ice Breakers last season. Kevins' overall game is strong. He plays his angles well and has good reflexes. His game has been compared to Kirk McLean a Vancouver Canuck for years. Jebson didn't fare to well in his opener at home and Jory was brought in more to push Joey than it was to send Kevin home. I am truely looking forward to seeing what Kevin brings to the table at the next hockey camp.
Evan Karambelas is another goalie the Warriors have had for a while. He will be 18 this upcoming season and will be pushing for the backup job next season. He is a big mobile goalie with good skills. It is because of Evan and Kevins play the Warriors were able to release Sam Huston who was a draft pick of the Warriors.

These are players from the Warriors list as far as I can tell. Some of them may have come and gone but I don't have access to that 50 man list like I used to so this is the best I can do.
Thanks for reading.

Warrior Fan
01-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks for reading it.

mjwfan
01-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info . you did alot of work on this .lot of re-search ..good job . and yes i think the future does look bright for the warriors . But all the other teams have some good young kids moving up ..Just hope ours are better.

FELIX17
01-17-2007, 02:19 AM
I can help you out with a couple on that list.

Clinton Atkinson 24 GP 10 G 9A 19 points 34 PIM - Vancouver NW Giants (BC Major Midget)

Michael Burns and Riley Reinbolt are both playing in the AMHL.
Burns - K of C Pats
Reinbolt - Calgary Buffaloes

Warrior Fan
01-17-2007, 08:38 AM
I can find the teams they play on but can't find any of there stats and such.

Warrior Fan
01-20-2007, 06:11 PM
McCallum, Craig, BEAR 28 22 30 52 49

He is another Warrior forward who is 3rd in league scoring and was great with the puck and made very smart plays. Tall lenky kid with good hands and a good knowledge of where guys are on the ice. Nice passer. Better than average speed as well.