PDA

View Full Version : DOYLE at PROSPECTS GAME

Big Ern
01-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Holy cow, dig our new guy, Eric Doyle!! He had an assist, and almost scored a goal with a ripper of a shot from the point, when he came out of the penalty box. His team won. He was also logging the ice time.
I'm telling you, Deano must like what he saw from this kid tonight.
Secondly, they showed him on TV at least twelve times throughout the broadcast, and mentioned the Broncos on national television. TOO COOL!!!
I can't wait to see him play Sunday!! LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

transplantedbronco
01-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Now we got a thread that makes a little more sense. Doyle is going to be the real deal I believe. Getting Swift Current mentioned a national broadcast is pretty cool. And he played a solid game too. Can't ask for more than that.
Good job Doyle and welcome to Swift Current Buddy. Were gonna love ya.

nivek_wahs
01-18-2007, 03:39 AM
He looked pretty good out there, tremendous effort on his part. He actually had 2 assists and was +2 on the night (the summary http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?page=342374&id_partie=9498)

Secondly, they showed him on TV at least twelve times throughout the broadcast, and mentioned the Broncos on national television. TOO COOL!!!It seemed to me that they spent a lot of time talking up the WHL defencemen... Doyle, Ross, Plante, Alzner, Ellerby, Blum, Hickey, Negrin, Ellington (considering 9 of the 12 were from the WHL punk rock) . All I could think was... awesome... way to go WHL.

Big Ern
01-18-2007, 10:54 AM
A correction on my post to start the thread, Eric actually ended up with two assists, not one! Way to go, ERIC!!
LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Toswammi
01-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Geez i didnt get a chance to watch the game last night but boy o boy is he getting some rave reviews. Almost makes me antzy to see his home debut on Sunday.

Scout
01-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Doyle's Stock on the Rise

Anyone see new Broncos defenseman Eric Doyle in the prospects game last night in Quebec City?

I thought he looked pretty solid out there. Relaxed, confident and not trying to be too flashy. He even picked up a pair of assists in the 5-3 win. A solid outing for Doyle who entered the game ranked 19th amongst North American skaters by Central Scouting.

Remember Akim Aliu a couple seasons ago? Well now he's one of the top rated prospects in the OHL. It wasn't long ago that Steve Downie was chasing him all over the ice (and off) in that Windsor Spitfires hazing incident. That's right, the player Downie was trying to get to fall in line was Aliu.

The Broncos take on the Moose Jaw Warriors tomorrow night in the Crushed Can. It'll be the first time the Broncos have played the Warriors since they acquired Brady Calla and Cody Thoring from the Everett Silvertips, plus Michael Hengen from Calgary.

The Broncos should have most of their injured bodies back in the line-up. They did pretty good the last two games despite missing several players.

Join us for the Broncos pre-game show tomorrow night at 6:30pm, play-by-play at 7pm.

Till then,
Jon

Scout
01-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Doyle Has Strong Showing at Top Prospect's Game
JAN 18 - Swift Current Broncos defenseman Eric Doyle appeared in last night's Home Hardware CHL Top Prospect's game on Roger's Sportsnet.

Doyle had a strong showing in the game where he put in a regular shift alongside defensive partner Thomas Hickey of the Seattle Thunderbirds, as well as additional ice time while on the penalty kill.

Doyle recorded 2 assists in the game, setting up Team Red's 2nd and 5th goals. He also put 2 shots on goal and spent 2 minutes on the penalty box. Upon the expiration of his penalty, Doyle jumped into the rush and received the puck alone in the slot. A hard snap shot was tipped by the glove of Team White's goaltender Trevor Cann, then went off of the cross bar, off of the post, and out.

Eric will be back in the Broncos lineup this weekend and will make his home debut at the Centennial Civic Centre on Sunday night when the Broncos host the Calgary Hitmen.