PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Opposition

mccabe23
02-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Which teams, 1 from each division, do you enjoy most watching your team play against?

Mine are:

BC: Vancouver Giants....They always play Kelowna physical and the games are intense.

US: Tri-Cities....Usually a rough afair when the Ams come to town and I like watching Price in goal.

Cental: Calgary ....Not sure why but I always enjoy the game when the Hitmen are in town. Usually a high-tempo game.

East: Brandon....Since the Weaties don't come to Kelowna very often, it's nice to see the team that travels the furthest come to town.

Fight Guy
02-25-2005, 04:03 PM
I being from Regina...

American...I'd probably say Tri-City...have been some rough games in the past.

BC...I like to see Vancouver because they are new...but othewise Kamloops.

Central...I seem to like the games against the Tigers. Usually rough games.

Eastern...Usually Moose Jaw...but the past couple years, Brandon and Regina have ignited quite the rivalry. Moose Jaw is more of a "We are the biggest rivalry in the league" rivalry, and Brandon is more of a "Everyone is going kill each other" rivalry. I like the latter. :D

kelownakarl
02-25-2005, 05:54 PM
BC - Vancouver.... always a fast, hard hitting, physical affair. Any Don Hay team is always competitive.

US - Seattle.... Dont know why but always have liked them. Players like Fitzgerald, Barthel, Mcewan, my kinda players, play hard and are tough.

Central- The Hat.... Good organization, great fans, classic uniforms that will never go out of style.

East- Brandon.... I dont know, their the wheat kings, its original.

Spungy
02-26-2005, 11:22 PM
BC Prince George we have had some great playoffs

US Spokane, always an interesting game

Central, Calgary fast paced unpredictable

East Brandon Eric Fehr is always awesome to watch

C.F
02-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Nice to see people enjoy watching Vancouver play. They definetley are a fun team to watch.

BC-Kamloops-Their's some bad blood between Vancouver and Kamloops

US-Everett-It seems as though whenever these 2 teams play, it's an emotional rollar coaster

Central-Red Deer-players like Phanuef and Fraser are fun to watch

East-Saskatoon-They play an exciting style of hockey and they're fun to watch.

Orv
02-27-2005, 01:09 PM
For the Hurricanes...

BC - Kootenay - Great team, and Cranbrook isn't too far away so a lot of fans make the trip.

US - Portland - Don't know why but I enjoy them the most.

Central - Medicine Hat - Probably the 'Canes biggest rival. They always bring loads of fans and it's a fun atmosphere especially when it's an important game when something like playoff position is on the line.
Honourable mention goes to Swift Current who I like to watch because they could almost be considered my "home" team, since Swift was the closest centre with a 'dub team when I grew up in Saskatchewan.

East - Saskatoon - Once again watched them too when I lived in Sk so I still like to catch up on how they're doing.

Jovorock
02-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Kamloops, even though the rivalry hasn't been as strong this year, a possible playoff this year could change all that.

Seattle, after a great playoff two years ago has made every game since a good one.

Red Deer, after a six game WHL final two years ago, always good to see Sutter come back to town.

No team in the east really stands out, look forward to see all of them the little amount we get to see them.

RunTheGoalie
02-27-2005, 03:31 PM
East: Brandon, for no reason
Central: Red Deer. one of the best rivalries in the Dub.
BC: Kootenay. Still hate them for once being in Edmonton
US: None. Dont play them enough to really care about any team from that division.

Rebel66
02-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Central: The Hitmen as it is usually a pretty intense game. As RTG said it is one of the best rivalries in the dub. However, any game against Central opposition is usually a good one.

East: Wheat Kings. The Rebels have had a number of playoff battles with this club so there is a little rivalry there.

BC: Kootenay no question. Another great rivalry. Still wish they were in the Central. Great fans too.

US: We don't get to see them enough to really have a favourite. That said I suppose it would be the Winter Hawks as the Rebels did beat them in the WHL Final in their Memorial Cup year.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-27-2005, 05:30 PM
U.S Division-Everett Silvertips, This team always puts up a good battle, Kevin Constantine has done very well as their coach( I wish we played this team more often)

B.C Division-Kootney Ice, They are a very competetive team with loads of talent and are always fun to watch.

Central Division-Medicine Hat Tigers, This team gives us a run for our money, this team is a contender each and every year.

East Division-Prince Albert Raiders- Since there is not a lot of distance beween the two cities and both teams have an intense rivalry, this team is my Favorite in the East,but all the other teams in the East are not forgotten as well.

Triton
02-27-2005, 05:53 PM
U.S-Seattle Thunderbirds-Well my dad used to be a scout for them so I got to know some of them over the years.They play a sound game here every year.

B.C-Vancouver Giants-They are fun to watch and have exciting players.Looking forward to seeing Brule next year.

Central-Medicine Hat-Great players,great team,they play hard and make you earn your wins.I like that style they play.

East-Toss up between Brandon and Saskatoon.Should be a great playoff series if P.A and the Blades were to meet up in the playoffs.

Sput
02-28-2005, 02:02 PM
BC div...any of them. Kamloops and PG have always hated each other, and time only makes that better. Kelowna, its always good to beat a Cup champ, Kootenay, too many great playoff series, and Vancouver, as the 'newestkid on the block' I just like seeing them get beat in the 'Plex.

US div....probably Seattle. Always some great games, and past series. The T-birds beat us in 7 back in 98 (?) to win the west final.

East div...Saskatoon. Mostly for personal reasons, as I used to live there, and because of the owner/brothers conection between the teams.

Central div...Red Deer. It isn't often you beat a Sutter run team, so I always enjoy it when it happens.

Jimmy
02-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Central-Red Deer-players like Phanuef and Fraser are fun to watch

You must be forgetting two weeks ago.
Besides Moose Jaw, it was the least entertaining game of the season.

Jimmy
02-28-2005, 06:10 PM
U.S- Silvertips, after two years, I can't remember that many bad games.

B.C- Ice, yeah, my Giants usually don't fair too well against them but the Ice play such solid hockey, they are usually a pretty interesting team to watch.

Central- Hitmen, usually when them and the Giants meet, both teams step it up physically and have quite a battle.

East- None... we see so little of the East that there is no time for any history to come into play and they are usually pretty bland games.

a7x
03-01-2005, 12:37 AM
bc division - vancouver. always a high scoring, entertaining game when the Giants and Hawks get together

us division - seattle. long time I-5 rivalry. almost always a good intense game between Seattle and Portland.

central - since I only get to see the central division every other year, it's hard for me to say. but going on this years games, I'll have to say Calgary or Medicine Hat.

east division - again, only get to see them once every other year. so going on last years games, I'll say Brandon or Moose Jaw.

HAF
03-01-2005, 06:30 AM
Us: I'd say either Spokane or Portland. They both play us well and there ussually is a few scraps!!!
BC: Definately Kelowna
Central: Red Deer ( They have a rowdy following!!!!)
East: Hard to say, We dont see them much.

C.F
03-01-2005, 10:01 AM
U.S- Silvertips, after two years, I can't remember that many bad games.

B.C- Ice, yeah, my Giants usually don't fair too well against them but the Ice play such solid hockey, they are usually a pretty interesting team to watch.

Central- Hitmen, usually when them and the Giants meet, both teams step it up physically and have quite a battle.

East- None... we see so little of the East that there is no time for any history to come into play and they are usually pretty bland games.
That game was an obvoius expection. I'm the the Giants effort helped though.

Beaner
03-01-2005, 11:01 AM
US - Silvertips. The rivarly is really starting to build between these 2 teams in their Short History.

BC - Kelowna - Even though we have rarely beat Kelowna the games have been great so far this year.

Central - Red Deer.

East - We see them so rarely, I'll just say Brandon.

Rooselk
03-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Vancouver. Always enjoy the games between the Tips and Giants. I'm going to make it a point to make it to Vancouver for all the Tips road games there next year.

ScottyWazz
03-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Hardly see any US teams here in Cowtown, so that's hard for me to say.

In the BC Division, I have to say Kootenay is always a good game. It seems the intensity and game play is always up-tempo and there's hardly a dull moment.

In the Central-- has to be Red Deer. When you go to a Hitmen-Rebels game, you know that there's going to be some bad blood flowing in those games.

In the East, probably Brandon or Saskatoon. Usually a test on what the Hitmen can really do with their talent level.

BWK
03-06-2005, 08:08 AM
US - Hard to say. We see them only every second year (gotta change that scheduling rule!) Probably Portland. They always bring at least a bus-load of fans East.

BC - Ditto above. Prince George, the only team to travel further than the WheatKings in a season.

Central - Calgary. No real reason.

East - Regina, usually a guaranteed win night.

Tinner
03-06-2005, 11:42 AM
for us it is the Hitties

RDRebelsfan
03-06-2005, 07:13 PM
East: Brandon
Central: Calgary...but any of them are good....Med Hat is a close 2nd
BC: Kelowna and Kootenay
US: Tough to call here I guess I'll say Portland

Knuckle Chucker
03-06-2005, 07:27 PM
BC: Vancouver Giants.....only been here once but Brule snubbed us in the draft

US: ????

Cental: Red Deer.....we have held our own against them at home lately

East: Blades.....hate them......always have always will.

I am a Raiders fan by the way