PDA

View Full Version : A couple of great WHL matchups tonight!

Redwic
01-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Vancouver at Everett:
STORYLINES:
->CHL's #1 Team (Everett) vs. the CHL's #2 Team (Vancouver).
->As opposed to the first two meetings, these teams were supposed to both be finally at full strength for tonight's game, with the trade deadline over and players returned from the World Juniors Tournament & CHL/NHL Prospects Game. However, Everett will be missing Graham Potuer & David Reekie due to injury, and quite possibly Zach Hamill and Dane Crowley due to sickness.

Kamloops at Kootenay:
STORYLINES:
-> The WHL's most surprising team (Kamloops) vs. the WHL's hottest team (Kootenay, 11-0-1-0 in their past 12 games).
-> This is a statement game for both teams, to show that they really belong at their respective positions in the standings and to be taken more seriously by the critics.

Shortys
01-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Regina @ Saskatoon.

Big game for both teams. Saskatoon needs to win it to be tied with them for the 4th playoff spot, and Regina need to win it to distance themselves another 2 points ahead of us. I think it will be a really fast paced hard hitting game from start to finish. Also we will be pitting our latest controversial trades, MacAngus and Hulak.

Go Blades.

Rammer
01-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Vancouver at Everett:
STORYLINES:
->CHL's #1 Team (Everett) vs. the CHL's #2 Team (Vancouver).
->As opposed to the first two meetings, these teams were supposed to both be finally at full strength for tonight's game, with the trade deadline over and players returned from the World Juniors Tournament & CHL/NHL Prospects Game. However, Everett will be missing Graham Potuer & David Reekie due to injury, and quite possibly Zach Hamill and Dane Crowley due to sickness.

Kamloops at Kootenay:
STORYLINES:
-> The WHL's most surprising team (Kamloops) vs. the WHL's hottest team (Kootenay, 11-0-1-0 in their past 12 games).
-> This is a statement game for both teams, to show that they really belong at their respective positions in the standings and to be taken more seriously by the critics.

Vancouver has been an average team as of late, and it may take a little longer to maximize the players capabilities received in the recent trades, as players need to get familiar withthem and them with the remaining Ginat players. Plus this is in Everett, so I will give the edge to Everett on this one.

dKamloops is also doing the road game, and for this reasoning I will give the edge to Kootenay, although their bubble is getting ever closer to being burst just due to the law of averages. I hope that Kootenay can pull it off as well, as those two points will go along way to CHL recognition, something that they are over due on receiving.

rinkrat
01-19-2007, 04:15 PM
I hope that Kootenay can pull it off as well, as those two points will go along way to CHL recognition, something that they are over due on receiving.

Totally agree,the Ice should be a top ten team.
Of course Ontario wouldn't accept having five Western teams in the top ten,thats not how things work in Canada. :spineyes:

Section_Z
01-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Totally agree,the Ice should be a top ten team.
Of course Ontario wouldn't accept having five Western teams in the top ten,thats not how things work in Canada. :spineyes:
influence by: ThOntario Sports Network

rinkrat
01-19-2007, 04:56 PM
influence by: ThOntario Sports Network

I always called it Toronto Sports Network

LOL

Sput
01-19-2007, 05:54 PM
<GASP> You mean Toronto ISN"T the center of the Universe?? :clown: