PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Zemlak

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
01-20-2007, 11:15 PM
He is now playing great Hockey here people. 5-1 now and he looked pretty sharp tonight in an awsome game in which I got my whiite Blades hat signed many times haha.

PS: Klotz, if you're going to come upstairs to meet the fans.....take a shower first lol.

Trav
01-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Nice for him to beat the team that he used to be listed by although he was in tough to make the Hitmen team this year with Martin Jones coming up. Their loss, Blades gain I guess.

howley
01-21-2007, 12:27 AM
Zemlak kept them in the game tonight through the first period when the Hitmen were firing. He looked very bad (so did everyone) on the 2nd goal but the rest of the game he was awesome. Thought he may have got a star but good picks by Les none the less. Better than the PA picks last night. (SPence had a shutout and Deckert got a star for letting in three goals...)

westbeach55
01-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Zemlak kept them in the game tonight through the first period when the Hitmen were firing. He looked very bad (so did everyone) on the 2nd goal but the rest of the game he was awesome. Thought he may have got a star but good picks by Les none the less. Better than the PA picks last night. (SPence had a shutout and Deckert got a star for letting in three goals...)

for the record Deckert played very well last night in a close fought game, remember you played a tired Calgary team just like we did tonight with Regina tonight. the game was 0-0 through two periods anyones game Calgary got a goal then the raiders needed to start pushing and calgary struck again and the third was an empty net. So Whats wrong with the three stars this was a back and forth game with both goalies making spectacular saves and that is why deckert got a star. this game could have went either way and both teams felt as if they could have won the game.

Trav
01-21-2007, 12:25 PM
to give a star of the game to a goaltender who let in a couple goals over a guy who posted a shutout is pretty hilarious.

ProStaff
01-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Thats the Raiders for you, always patting themselves on their backs! it is very funny to give a goallie a star for your own team but give the other team nothing when the other team gets a shut-out! come on PA give your heads a shack.

wango tango
01-22-2007, 02:43 PM
having two quality goaltenders is a luxury for the blades. especially when one is struggling, the other can pick up the slack. i think it is healthy for the two to challenge and compete with each other.

factor in prospects krahn and morrison in net, and youngsters like berg and elliot on defense combined with zahn, funk (if he can get healthy), and klassen. and the backend looks to be set for a few years.

howley
01-22-2007, 02:50 PM
I am worried people are going to expect to much from Berg and Elliot next year. Yes they are going to be great, but are they going to be great next year or are they going to be 16 year old defensemen? Zahn has been very good for us this year but at times has shown that he is still 16. I agree that the Blades back end looks good for afew years to come here. But I am not sure if next year is that year. In my opinion it will be pretty good, not great.
Years to follow when Ward is 20, I think that's the year where things look pretty good.

wango tango
01-22-2007, 04:37 PM
I am worried people are going to expect to much from Berg and Elliot next year. Yes they are going to be great, but are they going to be great next year or are they going to be 16 year old defensemen? Zahn has been very good for us this year but at times has shown that he is still 16. I agree that the Blades back end looks good for afew years to come here. But I am not sure if next year is that year. In my opinion it will be pretty good, not great.
Years to follow when Ward is 20, I think that's the year where things look pretty good.

youth is no reason not to expect a lot out of these players. their inexperience will however demand some patience and understanding.