PDA

View Full Version : Time to clean house!!

Offsider
01-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Bye Bye DEAN

He came here with a poor recored and looks like we are going for a 3rd or 4th place finish and a first round playoff exit. rumors are that they are looking at giiving Him a one year contract for next year ?? . No sense adding more seats if that is the case .Come on Joe if you know anything about Hockey stop the bleeding Give the rains to Dave and maybe salvage the year. The bank account is getting thin and Deans product on the ice is not good enought to fill the rink and make it past the first round . Just look at the + - of the guys that should be the leaders on this team . Postma ,Rakios, Bortis,Shindo ect What happened to you guys ??? I know some posters don't agree with me but the stats and the fans at the rink do.

BYE BYE DEAN!!!!!

Big Ern
01-21-2007, 10:51 AM
I know some posters don't agree with me but the stats and the fans at the rink do.

Maybe I should not post here, because we all know that debates on this subject have gotten stupid before.
But, I can tell you that I'm one of those "fans at the rink," every game, and as a matter of fact, I sit right behind the ebnch and have a very good view of what Dean does. And I certainly DO NOT agree with you on this issue.
I hope privately that there are no more posts on this thread. Give us a break, will you? PLEASE??!!? It's taken enough explaining, and most fans now understand. We don't need to start this again, IMO. Thankyou in advance, and GO SWIFTY tonight! :bounce:

d-man
01-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Some posters will disagree but.....

He came here with a poor recored and looks like we are going for a 3rd or 4th place finish and a first round playoff exit.
The boys really need to pick it up, way too many shots given up over the last 6 games. Moir and Yonks are good but the D has to step it up. 3rd or 4th is not far off if we can't get going

rumors are that they are looking at giiving Him a one year contract for next year ?? . No sense adding more seats if that is the case .Come on Joe if you know anything about Hockey stop the bleeding Give the rains to Dave and maybe salvage the year.
Won't happen this year but if Dave isn't given the reins starting next season he'll be gone. Too much talent and has been recognized for it. If the Head Coach job isn't already being drafted for him his phone will be ringing off the hook from other clubs or Hockey Canada. Not saying Dean is totally gone. Keep him as GM and reduce some of the dead weight in the office.

Just look at the + - of the guys that should be the leaders on this team . Postma ,Rakios, Bortis,Shindo ect What happened to you guys ???
Postma - I'm guilty here too, remember he is ONLY 17. This kid's 2-3 best years are to come and I think he has elevated his game this season.
Rakos - enjoy Edmonton or Prague next season. Hopefully he'll enjoy watching Eakin at the end of the season from the stands with the rest of us
Bortis - this kid is full of talent, watch him in the corners and along the boards - his work ethic reminds me of Sakic. Except he needs to buy some Raid and kill the injury bug. He may never get drafted but will be in the show someday if he can get a string of injury free seasons
Schendo - some games he looks like a 40 goal scorer next he is barely beating Rakos off the ice for a line change. Get consistent because this is it for his hockey career

transplantedbronco
01-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Fact is this Dean will still be here next season. He will be at the very least the GM. Will he be here as the head coach, I dont know. Some days like when we beat Brandon or Med. Hat the answer is Damn right he will coach next year. Then other days like yesterday and today where we absolutely ***** the bed I say not a chance. As a team there is no consistency period. I hate to post names with negative comments. So I will try not to do that. Some of our players are NOT playing as a team. They play for their names on the back and not whats on the front. Too many times those players are playing game in and game out and getting shift after shift. I dont care who they are or the team we are playing. BENCH THEM AND DONT DRESS THEM. Its stuff like this that DOES come down to the HEAD COACH. Bigern I know you hate it when we post negative aobut Deano but he has the reigns it comes with the territory esp. in a hockey hotbed. Now for some posters how can we say something negative about Postma. He is only 17 and will be drafted. He is making 17 year old mistakes. For the most part he has played excellent. Our young guys are playing terrific and its some of our vets who need to look in the mirror and decide if they can honsetly say they are proud of what they see and if they can look their teamates in the eye and say they gave it everything they had.

I got faith you guys can turn this around.

mjwfan
01-21-2007, 11:42 AM
I don't think it would matter if Swift was in first place there would be goofs wanting the coach fired . Just blows my mind with some of you people on here.
I think it is silly expanding the CC because there is not going to be a dub team there in a few years. It is sad because there are some Very good fans there .. just not enough to keep the team going . There are so many in Swift that will only go if the team is in first place and winning.
HERE in Moose Jaw I have seen some awful games ..I'm not happy when i see the team preform like that , but not going to scream and yell that i want the Coach fired .. I might give my opinon as what maybe could be done to better this team - But that is only my opinon for what it is worth .
I bet the ones that are calling for the coach to be fired .. Don't buy 50/50 - buy the calender - don't have season tickets - .. They wait for a free ticket and ***** and complain they never got a free prize or Pizza at the hockey game .

transplantedbronco
01-21-2007, 11:58 AM
mjwfan we will have a team long after you lose yours. Warriors will leave Moose Jaw well before the Broncos leave Swift. We have some great corporate sponsors who are some of our biggest fans and will continue to do so. Which city sells more Goal for Education Lottery? Oh right its Swift Current. Thanks for stopping by.

Toswammi
01-21-2007, 12:11 PM
I was always told in grade school if you dont have something nice to say, then dont say it. I will follow that advice i think.

mjwfan
01-21-2007, 12:35 PM
mjwfan we will have a team long after you lose yours. Warriors will leave Moose Jaw well before the Broncos leave Swift. We have some great corporate sponsors who are some of our biggest fans and will continue to do so. Which city sells more Goal for Education Lottery? Oh right its Swift Current. Thanks for stopping by.
Yes you are right you might happen to have more and better corporate sponsors then we do . Jump on me all you want , but the fact is you don't have the fans if you are not winning. The true fan is NOT calling for the coach to be fired if they lose a couple of games and sitting in second place . OHh ya sorry i don't know who sold the most tickets in the Lottery , BUT i do know last years winner was from M.J. Who really cares the lottery is for the Kids Education Fund.
But i think you guys should fire the coach and get ready for the SJHL .

ointhecreek
01-21-2007, 12:58 PM
I have to agree with all comments about Rakos lately. The guy has done nothing but float and fall down and take stupid penalties lately putting us short handed quite often. He needs to sit in the stands more, maybe he'll smarten up. I also agree with transplantedbronco about certain players that seem to play for themselves and not the team. That was quite evident last night against Brandon. Some vets are starting to slacken off again and need a kick in the butt.
As far as Dean getting fired, not gonna happen. Hunchak does need to be given a chance, I agree, but it won't happen this year and Dean does know talent so in my opinion should stay, at least in the GM position.

transplantedbronco
01-21-2007, 01:01 PM
I for one have never said to fire Dean. I have only ever said at times I question him as a coach. But if he were fired outright would be pretty STUPID. We are set up to finally see his team next year. We have yet to see his full team. The next couple of years are going to be incredible. DEAN DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE FIRED. mjwfan you are right we lose a couple and some people want his head every time. We have not seen the best from this team. I got a feeling we will very soon. I gotta keep the faith or I will lose my freakin mind over some of these posts. I gotta learn to be quiet sometimes. But I cant. no hard feelings there mjwfan I love going back and forth with you. You keep it civil and I like that. I will say this until you know the whole picture of this club you cant say we will be leaving anytime soon. I've said this before we do not nee to turn a PROFIT every year. But we do need to a some point in the future. Well put O.

d-man
01-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Our coaching situation is much like our goalie situation. Deano has 6? years experience as head coach in the dub, GM experience, NHL playing experience, contacts around the hockey world, etc. Most teams would kill to have a guy with his credentials.

In the wings Dave has championship experience as a head coach in Kindersley, international experience with hockey Canada, etc. Most teams would kill to have a guy with his credentials.

Whatever happens at the end of the season we are in a good spot - as long as they both don't leave. With the departure of some players playing for the name on the back Dean/Dave's team will be exciting. I would just like to see Dave get his chance and Dean concentrate on the GM spot & finances.

Toswammi
01-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Whatever happens at the end of the season we are in a good spot - as long as they both don't leave. With the departure of some players playing for the name on the back Dean/Dave's team will be exciting. I would just like to see Dave get his chance and Dean concentrate on the GM spot & finances.
..............Me too

ointhecreek
01-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Wow! Good game once they got rolling. Doyle has a heck of a wrist shot and Smith comes through twice in two games in the shoot-out. Like Jon calls him, "back to back Zack". Congrats to Claffey for his first WHL goal.

mjwfan
01-22-2007, 01:02 AM
I for one have never said to fire Dean. I have only ever said at times I question him as a coach. But if he were fired outright would be pretty STUPID. We are set up to finally see his team next year. We have yet to see his full team. The next couple of years are going to be incredible. DEAN DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE FIRED. mjwfan you are right we lose a couple and some people want his head every time. We have not seen the best from this team. I got a feeling we will very soon. I gotta keep the faith or I will lose my freakin mind over some of these posts. I gotta learn to be quiet sometimes. But I cant. no hard feelings there mjwfan I love going back and forth with you. You keep it civil and I like that. I will say this until you know the whole picture of this club you cant say we will be leaving anytime soon. I've said this before we do not nee to turn a PROFIT every year. But we do need to a some point in the future. Well put O.
I don't think there is anything wrong with giving are point of view on what we think could make are hockey club better. No matter who the GM or coach is they want to win and are doing what they think is right ..I also question Chad Land and Steve Young on what they are doing at times ..as fans we like to play GM and coach and try and come up with ideas as how we can better are club. But i think these guys have forgot more about coaching than we will ever know. It was fun going back and forth with you Transplanted and I hope either one of us lose are team .. but i think we have to be honest with eachother and as small market teams we do need the fans to come out and support there team . The only thing i have to question you on is - You said the broncos don't have to turn a profit every year. You might be right but i don't understand if they don't how they can keep going .
I know talking to players that have been traded here from weathly teams that there is a big difference playing here .. You could get fined for shooting a puck over the boards ..well it is not that bad .. but it is a little more pro like playing for a Calgary , Red Deer ,Vancouver or Portland .
In Swift and Moose Jaw Hockey is about the only thing in town so lets get out and support the team it would be sad if either one of us had to go watch sjhl. Nice win againest Calgary last night don't know the details but see u got a Big W . Have a great week and maybe see a few of you guys next sunday when we come to Swift.