PDA

View Full Version : Camouflage Jerseys to be worn on Feb 2nd

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
It is along the same lines as the St.Patty's day,Canada day in January,and the retro pack man jersey. This time it will be a camouflage jersey that the Blades will wear to honour and support the Canadian troops.

There is a picture of them in the 2nd edition of the Blades program on page 39.(I might have time to scan it later,for those of you who have not seen it) and if by chance i don't get a chance to scan it then,if you really want to see it just go and spend the $3.00 and buy a program at the wendesday game or any other home game before Feb.2nd.

As well these jerseys will be auctioned off to raise money for the Blades Education fund.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
01-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Gross, me and you saw those jerseys last night and I must say they look like @#%&. Purple and brown camo???

Fight Guy
01-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Please scan and post. Us non-Blades fans don't get to see the program. But brown & purple??? Maybe I don't want to see them...lol.

But please, do post up. :D

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Ok now after I had to put the picture in photoshop,I can finally post it,and here it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

howley
01-21-2007, 10:42 PM
where exactly is the war where that camouflage actually hides you? Maybe my computer screen is messed up.

transplantedbronco
01-21-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't they look that bad after all. At least they have stuck to the team colors. They could have been alot worse. Check the pictures from Portland Winter Hawks from last year.

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n58/jnamhie/Seattle%2011-11-06/

If I was a Blades fan I would be bidding on one hands down.

Shortys
01-21-2007, 11:39 PM
I think they look pretty good. I will be putting a bid, or buying a ticket for one for sure. Good on the blades for doing something different once in a while for a good cause. I would like to see more of this. Has anyone seen the Canada day jerseys? I would like to see a pic of them.

Fight Guy
01-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Oh, those dont look bad at all, but IMO, it is kinda weak camo. Same style as the Portland ones, but better colours. I think there should be a bit more to them, but I guess they shouldnt be too busy though. The Pats are supposedly supposed to be wearing camo jerseys this coming friday as said by a poster in the Pats forum. It makes sense though as they have had a jersey auction every year for the past 7 years atleast, and it is the Trans-Canada Clash weekend, so I would imagine it could be true. I hope so anyway.

nivek_wahs
01-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Oh, those dont look bad at all, but IMO, it is kinda weak camo. Same style as the Portland ones, but better colours. I think there should be a bit more to them, but I guess they shouldnt be too busy though. The Pats are supposedly supposed to be wearing camo jerseys this coming friday as said by a poster in the Pats forum. It makes sense though as they have had a jersey auction every year for the past 7 years atleast, and it is the Trans-Canada Clash weekend, so I would imagine it could be true. I hope so anyway.Yup it's true they showed them really quick on PatsTV on Access7 on Thursday. From the quick glimpse I got they look like actual camo (green's) with the bulldog logo on front. They didn't have the jersey numbered or anything so I can't comment on that aspect. They were supposed to be selling them at the neutral zone tonight but I didn't see any there. Anyway iI think it's a really cool idea.

Fight Guy
01-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Yup it's true they showed them really quick on PatsTV on Access7 on Thursday. From the quick glimpse I got they look like actual camo (green's) with the bulldog logo on front. They didn't have the jersey numbered or anything so I can't comment on that aspect. They were supposed to be selling them at the neutral zone tonight but I didn't see any there. Anyway iI think it's a really cool idea.
Oh...I was watching that off and on too.:( But going by the add in the paper, I came to the conclusion they were going to be green with the bull dog. Im confident they will be cool! Ill have to catch a rerun of PatsTV.

Shortys
01-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Here is a better pic of the camo jerseys.

Shortys
01-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Can anyone remember what the price ranges were that the St.Patty's day jerseys auctioned for last year?

howley
01-24-2007, 01:09 PM
I beleive the reserve price was 300 but I could be wrong.

hockeybychoice
01-24-2007, 01:47 PM
The reserve prices have risen by quite a bit in the last few seasons. They will probably be up around $280. It's ridiculous really. I paid about that much a few seasons ago for the special canada jerseys and they didn't even have a proper crest on them. The jersey was entirely screen printed and not even worn (injured player) and was definitely too expensive. I bought it anyway because I had purchased many others. I stopped after that though.

As a fan, it's not worth the grief and hassle. I'm all for helping out the education fund, but the whole production of the silent auction ends up making me feel like it is a sham.