PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Call By Constantine

Tipped Off
02-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Nine plus minutes to go in the game, Tips down 1-0 Everett on the power play. The tips have the 7th best Power Play team in the WHL...so not too bad. I've been a big Constantine supporter so far, but this one I don't understand...WHY would you pull the goalie here? I know Everett hadn't been getting many opps, but they were on the POWER PLAY...and only down 1 goal. Bad Call by Constantine...Bad game by the Tips.

ihlemic10
02-25-2005, 11:29 PM
I am a little disapointed that Leland could not control the puck outside the Crease. He needs some practice outsied the net. We probably should not have pulled Wall that early, but he's the coach, not us. Hopefully we can bounce back tommorrow night against Vancouver.

aknarab
02-26-2005, 12:38 AM
do we know why Baranka didn't play tonight?

Brad
02-26-2005, 01:10 AM
He originally pulled Wall with over 12 minutes left in regulation. The goal was scored at 8:59 (11:01 remaining in the 3rd).

rinkrat
02-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Constantine gets an "F" in hockey 101.What a bonehead move!!! I can't believe he would pull the goalie in that situation.Maybe he is trying to get fired? There is no other explanation.Pulling the goalie,while on the PP just allows the opposition to sit back and take pot shots at your net,with no fear of an icing call!

Tipped Off
02-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Yeah well that is kind of the point. If you don;t score on the 5-4 PP, you can always pull the goalies with 4 or 5 mins to go if you want to take a chance. At least in that situation icing is still on their mind. On a 6-4, any slip of thepuck and an empty net shot is there for the taking. Unless it's in the final few minutes of the game, I never agree with pulling the goalie on the PP.