PDA

View Full Version : Stupid fights

loudi94
01-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Boggles my mind that the Hurricanes waited until less than 5 minutes left before dropping the mitts. Each time they lined up with a guy on the face-off and wanted to fight, a different Blazers guy with "experience" answered the bell. Calling any of the fights a draw would be generous. If they wanted to prove a point, just jump the guy you wanted to scrap with and be done with it. There were 5:30 left when Bailey got cheap shotted. Plenty of time to "get even" without getting suspended. Getting tuned in by bigger guys was a waste of time. Where did they get the energy to fight anyways?
Brutal effort, brutal reffing and brutal coaching (no way that 4th goal should have gone by without Dyck throwing a fit of epic proportions). Guaranteed if it was Red Deer they wouldn't have had to deal with the disparity in penalties without the ref getting his backside royally chewed out in front of 3000 fans. Sometimes getting kicked out isn't the worst thing, at least he wouldn't have had to watch that debacle anymore.

God, what a waste of 3 hours.

Porkchop
01-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Good god, no one is twisting your arm to go to the game, stay home next time. The game was what it was, a very good team beating a slightly above average team. Some insight for you, the Canes are too small and young to try and push a team around like the blazers. But I still like to see the heart and battle no matter what the situation, those are the players a team needs to win hockey games, hint, hint, Loudy (can't win with too many soft players).

loudi94
01-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Blazers are quite a young team I believe. The Canes played a brutal game last night. The crap at the end was a waste. If they wanted to prove a point, it was missed. Getting bested in each of their fights was comical at best and a brutal display at worst.

BTW where was the heart and battle in the 2nd?

Porkchop
01-22-2007, 02:40 PM
There was none in the second or most of the game. Look at the shot count, was there a physical forecheck? They need to get the puck deep and pound the over teams D - that takes hard work and balls. Also, I'd rather see a player with some heart drop them & give it a shot instead of going through the motions and waiting for the game to end. Do you know the blazers have beaten the giants twice, they must be half decent.

Tidball
01-22-2007, 10:49 PM
BTW where was the heart and battle in the 2nd?

I believe the big "HEART" the Hurricanes are looking for, is in the WHL player of the week. nhl3

loudi94
01-22-2007, 11:49 PM
I believe the big "HEART" the Hurricanes are looking for, is in the WHL player of the week. nhl3

Unless Yellowhorn was going to play D, we don't miss him. 4th in league scoring is pretty good, not sure what he'd add in that area. 4th worst in goals against is the problem.

aaAlta
01-25-2007, 10:34 PM
I dunno, especially about the chemistry factors. But another sniper up front, another more deadly line, can sure help keep the pressure on. Which takes some off the D. That might have made some difference, especially in october. I think Yellowhorn this year might have helped lethbridge be a top contender all season. But I still think it looks like the canes are going to climb into the playoffs now anyhow.