PDA

View Full Version : spokane vs pa

raider guy
01-23-2007, 03:10 PM
should be a good game, im looking forward to seeing tokarski back in pa hopefully he starts tonight, and the raiders get the win

Drop em' eh
01-23-2007, 03:35 PM
should be a good game, im looking forward to seeing tokarski back in pa hopefully he starts tonight, and the raiders get the win

06-07 WHL Season - Chiefs gp 20 ga 57 min 1132 sv 500 w9 L6 otl1 sl0 so1

you hope he starts and we win, so you want to see him lose?!?! LOL :D

i guess you would, but at the same time hope he has a good game but the Raiders win though, right?, fair enough.

i hope depape gets back tonight so he can get a game in before we hit the road, we're gonna need every body!

Sabes
01-23-2007, 04:58 PM
I heard on the radio that DePape will be ready for tonights game. That gives us 2 good scoring lines and the way the 4th line has been playing we should be OK, hopefully they can keep it up.

Dwight Schrute
01-23-2007, 06:48 PM
can you folks keep an eye on # 17 for the chiefs michael grabner ?
he was the canucks (my fav nhl team) 1st round pick in last years draft. i have seen him play only 3x and wont be able to view the webcast tonight.
thanks Danno

edit- great to hear depape will be back.

FELIX17
01-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Anyone hear why Zeliska didnt play? I was looking forward to seeing him Robertson and Depape back together . Is Andy Smith hurt now or did he just get himself benched? he had a off game tonight, Good game decks

Smith didn't play very well, Anholt eluded to it in the post game. No mention of an injury. One of the first games I've seen Smith play poorly. McDonald was outstanding and of course Deckert made some huge saves. Hands down, one of the best trades Clark has ever made. I don't give alot of recognition to Clark, but he sure deserves it on this one.
I really miss Haw on the Blades, still wish he was there! Nice giveaway on the Raider's tying goal, one I won't forget for a long time! Tokarski played well...deserved a better fate. I thought Bowman played well...lots of potential. Was looking forward to seeing the line of Zeliska-Robertson-Depape also, he seems to be scratched alot lately...maybe not one of Anholts favourites. Didn't really notice Grabner all that much...not sure why he was 3rd star..would have given it to Bowman or Tokarski. Nice to get the two points, good job guys! Good luck on the road!

hockey24_7
01-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Smith didn't play very well, Anholt eluded to it in the post game. No mention of an injury. One of the first games I've seen Smith play poorly. McDonald was outstanding and of course Deckert made some huge saves. Hands down, one of the best trades Clark has ever made. I don't give alot of recognition to Clark, but he sure deserves it on this one.
I really miss Haw on the Blades, still wish he was there! Nice giveaway on the Raider's tying goal, one I won't forget for a long time! Tokarski played well...deserved a better fate. I thought Bowman played well...lots of potential. Was looking forward to seeing the line of Zeliska-Robertson-Depape also, he seems to be scratched alot lately...maybe not one of Anholts favourites. Didn't really notice Grabner all that much...not sure why he was 3rd star..would have given it to Bowman or Tokarski. Nice to get the two points, good job guys! Good luck on the road!
I think you got it right about Zeliska. Didn't he treat one of the Euros last year like this. If you aren't one of Anholts favorites, you don't see the ice much. If you are his favorite, you see ice time even when you don't even deserve it (don't have to mention names, everyone knows who that is). The line of Gross, Dowhay and Jurik didn't see much ice as well tonight, and they have been one of the top lines in the last few games. They looked good the few times they were out tonight. Even created some good scoring chances. Just another case of not being one of Anholts favorites so it doesn't matter how well they do.

westbeach55
01-24-2007, 04:23 AM
it used to be dowhay scratched all the time now zeliska sits one game and were starting to blame anholt come on maybe he had the flu (we don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes). lets hope spokane can go in and knock the blades off now. who would you guys sit and not dress ??? for me i think right now it would have to be hewson ( I like hewson) but I would rate the others better

Doogie_T-BirdsFan
01-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Still one of clarks number one bone head non moves you have the top goalie in Tokarski playing for the mintos. They win telus cup and you still don't pick him up. He is one of my favourite young goalie above Aime and anyone on the raiders list. Good for the Raiders to get the w before the roadtrip was hoping Tokarski could completely shut the down to show Raiders what they missed right under their noses. Mark my words he will be one of the best in the league for years to come. Got to make the scouts look good.

Doogie_T-BirdsFan
01-24-2007, 12:03 PM
who would you guys sit and not dress ??? for me i think right now it would have to be hewson ( I like hewson) but I would rate the others better

they need to have a routation for sitting guys out when everyone is health not just sit the same guys. And is the vets aren't playing well sit them too.
We can sit and bit2ch about how much ice time a player is getting but why waste the breath not like Anholts on here seeing who the fans think should play more.

hockey24_7
01-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Yes, they should be in rotation and not the same people sitting all the time and Anholt changes up the lines anyway even when he sits the same people so changing who sits every game should be no problem.

Five Hole
01-25-2007, 02:00 PM
The concept of sitting or not dressing players in some kind of rotation isn't reality at this level of hockey. I think there's always going to be untouchables, especially proven vets who have been in critical situations many times in the past, and rookies who have made a name for themselves with steady play. When every game counts in the run for playoff spots, this becomes even more so. There's no way a healthy DePape or Robertson or McDonald or May or Tendler or Gauthier is going to be asked to watch from the stands.
Now, that's not to say that Anholt doesn't play favorites sometimes! And, I've certainly seen some of those guys miss great scoring chances or cough up the puck like a hair ball once in a while..
But there's always a bit of a pecking order and you have to pay your dues. The younger, less experienced, lower producing guys are always going to sit or not dress before the other guys ever have to.
And, I agree, sometimes it really doesn't seem fair...but, hey, that's hockey.
nhl