PDA

View Full Version : A must read book

HAF
01-23-2007, 10:21 PM
I am about half way through a book that every hockey fan,especially fight fans need to read. Its called The Code: The Unwritten Rules of Fighting and Retalliation in the NHL written by Ross Bernstein with forwards from Marty McSorley and Tony Twist.
This book is awesome. Its one of those books you cant hardly put down after you pick it up. If anyone wants to order it, they have it on Amazon.com or you can order a personalized copy straight from author here : http://www.bernsteinbooks.com/

nivek_wahs
01-29-2007, 04:56 AM
I had been looking for this book for a while but then I seen in on Friday and I just couldn't pass on this one, so I picked up a copy. I have only read the intro's by McSorley and Twist, and now I am really looking forward to getting into this book... as it doesn't seem like an average book of "fighting."

Boogaard'd haha nhl

aaAlta
01-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the tip. Can you give us any good "code" examples worth yakking about. Something to juice the appetite for whats in the book, until my copy arrives.

HAF
01-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the tip. Can you give us any good "code" examples worth yakking about. Something to juice the appetite for whats in the book, until my copy arrives.

at one point they talk a little bit about how things worked back in the old days. If you were an agitator on team A and took a cheap shot at a skill player on team B then obviously team B enforcer was going to retalliate on you,just like today. However back then if you were to turtle from him, the next shift you would probably be losing one of your skill players. He would then ask you to go again. If you turtled again, you would lose another skill player. That would keep going on until pretty soon even your own teamates would be turning on you trying to get you to go answer for your original sin.
They also get into the Bertuzzi incident and tell quite a bit about what happened behind the scenes both leading up to it and the aftermath.
Its a good read. I highly reccomend it.