PDA

View Full Version : Pats @ Broncos...

Big Ern
01-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Here's an interesting quote from Regina Pats' play-by-play voice, Rod Pedersen's blog:

We're going back to the scene of the crime tonight -- the Pats lost 9-0 in Swift Current in their first road game of 2007 so tonight they're after revenge. It's a four-pointer in the East Division as the Pats trail the Horsemen by just six points for second-place. In fact the East Division looks like this...

Brandon 58
Swift Current 50
P.A. 47
Regina 44
Saskatoon 40
Moose Jaw 37

Should be a great game. When the Broncos are confident, especially on home ice, it seems no matter how shortstaffed or "under dogged" they are, they can beat almost any team. We're not underdogs tonight, but still injured and shortstaffed. Levi is suspended, Bortis is still out, and there's a possibility of Schenderling also still being out with that bad back. I know though, the guys are going to play hard, and older guys like Dale Weise will no doubt have to step into a leadership role offensively, which I'm very confident, he will. So will Wudrick, and all our other guys. So cya at the CC, and LET'S GO SWIFTY!!! dancing pi

To make this better, heck, I'm even going to fire a prediction today....

Regina 2 @ Swift Current 4....my prediction. Anybody like it?
I will also predict that Eric Doyle or Paul Postma will have a PP goal. Like that? LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS! Could all be very different from what I predicted, but c'mon everyone! Wish me luck here! :D

transplantedbronco
01-24-2007, 11:06 AM
You know I will Big Ern, Except I'm going to predict 4-1 win for the Broncos. Our guys will step up to the challenge and come out flying now that they are a little bit rested. It should be a fun game tonight.

Bran
01-24-2007, 11:34 AM
You guys are funny. ;) If the Pats keep up with the defense they've been playing lately, there's no way you'll score 4 goals unless something goes awry with goaltending. (PA doesn't count...if you count the prospects game it was Rowat's 6th game in 9 nights, kid was tired!) I say 4-2 Pats. They've got something to prove after what happened last time they were in town.

Big Ern
01-24-2007, 02:47 PM
You guys are funny. ;) If the Pats keep up with the defense they've been playing lately, there's no way you'll score 4 goals unless something goes awry with goaltending. (PA doesn't count...if you count the prospects game it was Rowat's 6th game in 9 nights, kid was tired!) I say 4-2 Pats. They've got something to prove after what happened last time they were in town.

Ha ha ha ha ha! LOL LOL What do you mean, "P.A. doesn't count?" LOL LOL If he let them in, he let them in! LOL
I'm very very curious as to who will start in goal for us tonight...Yonkman has been RED-HOT at home lately....we'll see.
Anyway, you're right, the Pats were embarassed last time here, and very likely will try to prove us wrong tonight. It could go either way....however, the Broncos are 9 and 1 in their last 10 on home ice, and if you hear something like three or even four nothing Pats in the third, don't go away yet. Most Bronco wins this season have been comebacks, and abseloutely UNBELIEVABLE comebacks at that! If the Pats manage to get the lead in the game, they had better not give up ONE single goal.....the proof of what can happen is obvious. This year, if you hand the Broncos one finger, they'll take the whole hand. We've seen it time and again here this season, and our fans aren't even surprised by it anymore.
Anyway, I hope the Pats' fans that come down, if any, have a great time here. And to whoever comes, thankyou for coming! But of course for my part, LET'S GO SWIFTY!!! See y'all at the rink.....

Bran
01-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Well, yeah PA counts...what I mean though is that it's not very often that Rowat lets in 5 goals on 22 shots. If our defense can keep up the good work, there's almost no way you're going to see 4 Bronco goals. I think it'll be a pretty close game...

ointhecreek
01-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Well, if he plays like he did in the 9-0 game we'll see more. Have my doubts though, he can be a good goaltender, but then again so can Yonkman , and I think Moir wants to have a better game then his last one to, if they start him.