PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about tonights game.

transplantedbronco
01-24-2007, 10:30 PM
First I'm gonna say this. We will rebound from tonight and use it as a stepping stone. It builds character. Friday we will rock the Civic Centre. And now my thoughts about tonights game.
........hmmm........hugh.......oohh.......hmmmm... .....ahhhh....... I think that pretty much sums up the game.

ointhecreek
01-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Nasty. Boys didn't want it I guess. Same old problem, can't clear their own zone. Pats returned the butt whoopin'. Oh, well, there's always next game.

bronco rep
01-24-2007, 11:01 PM
From what i have seen is this team willing to pay the price? Not a chance in hell. No one is willing to compete on nightly bases & if this is not corrected in a quick hurry i am sorry but come the middle of march the ccc will be very quiet Place. Comeon players do the coaches have to get you ready every night to compete at a high level. Sorry there is only so much Dean & Dave can say & then the rest is up to you guys. Bottom line you have to be ready to go every night in this league. Thank god for yonks saving our bacon on a few game we never deserved to win in the last couple of weeks or we might be sitting near the basement in this so so East division. BOYS Its time to put your work boots on before its to late. GOOD_NIGHT

Big Ern
01-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Nasty. Boys didn't want it I guess. Same old problem, can't clear their own zone. Pats returned the butt whoopin'. Oh, well, there's always next game.

They did dish out a whopping, but believe me, if there's been a disappointment this season, it's been the Pats. They had BETTER step it up! We played horrible! We were not willing to pay the price, and is goaltending an issue? I think our D was horrible....not Travis or Moissy's fault at all. We didn't clear, and we didn't go after pucks. I hope we forget this one....the fans, anyway. The guys can learn. But say what you want....7-2 looks TEN times more respectable than 9-0. At least we never pulled the plug....and we scored a couple. That's why I'm not getting private messages crazily thrown at me by Pats' fans tonight. They still remember last time Regina was in town. Having said all of this, junior hockey is still "unpredictable junior hockey," and that will never change. Did my confidence drop in our guys? H*LL NO!! LET'S GO SWIFTY, and no kidding, I think on Friday, we WILL kick some a$$!!! :p

Toswammi
01-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Bad News: We got out played again, and failed to once agian get anything close to a full game effort (which happened every game since the last Regina home game IMO)

Good News: A good ass whooping usually wakes a team up in a hurry. I will go out on a limb and say if we have any character in the dressing room we will win Friday night. I have heard in the past that its sometimes better to lose by a lot than get edged and lose by a goal.

Link Dog
01-25-2007, 12:29 PM
I would like to know where the "character" was in the third period when we're down 6-1 with no chance of winning. When we gave it to them 9-0, at least Reich picked his spot and went after Nelson. Did no one on our team have a bone to pick with any of there guys? There is a lot of talk about doing it "next game". With the race as tight as it is getting in this division, we cannot afford to save anything for the "next game". Every game in the course of the season is big, every point counts. If we want a chance to get to the second round in the playoffs, we need to get home ice advantage, our play on the road shows that. I hope when then end of the regular season comes, we don't have to look back at games in Moose Jaw and games like last night and say if only we could have gotten 2 more points here or there, we'd be in second place and not third. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Fight Guy
01-25-2007, 01:28 PM
They did dish out a whopping, but believe me, if there's been a disappointment this season, it's been the Pats.Yes...the Pats have been a bit of a disappointment this season...but as of late, they have turned things around. They are now one of the hotter teams in the WHL going 7-3 in their last 10. You can say you lost to a team that has not done so well over the season, but since the trade deadline, they have become a better team. The Pats were a different team the last time the Broncos played them.

ointhecreek
01-25-2007, 01:32 PM
I sort of agree. I think someone should have stepped up and tried to give them a spark by dropping the gloves earlier. They sure needed something, there wasn't much heart last night.
Sorry bigern, I gotta disagree with you. Losing 7-2 isn't ten times better then 9-0. Not when they left our goaltenders defenseless like last night. Yes, I'm disappointed but I'm sure they will bounce back. Hopefully the players do some soul searching before friday.