PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Slade goes to Halifax

blazers84
01-25-2007, 01:57 PM
http://www.mjahl.com

Section_Z
01-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Well. There you go then. He found himself a net. So instead of playing 36 games in The Dub. And going all the way to the Memorial Cup.. He's got 12 games in the Dub and what will probably be about 12 more in Junior A.
Ergo beaten by Ego...

Redwic
01-26-2007, 02:36 AM
I said this on another forum site, too...

Dustin Slade left the MC-bound Vancouver Giants, after being upset for splitting time with a 17-year old. Where did he end up? On a team in a lesser league (i.e. no Memorial Cup), splitting time with a 17-year old. lol

Carebear
01-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Ah well, the Slade saga is over, lets all move on and change our negative Slade energy into positive Sexsmith and Neufeld energy!

GO GIANTS! yeehoo

Priceisright
01-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Sorry but i have seen the Giants last bunch of games at home and I am not convinced our goaltending is gonna take us to the promise land.

Anybody know off hand the record of the Giants in the past twenty games?

Question: Are all the rosters set for the rest of the year? Is the trade deadline the very last any team can do?

Cheers

Redwic
01-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Question: Are all the rosters set for the rest of the year? Is the trade deadline the very last any team can do?

I know that if a player is designated as an "affiliated player", the WHL team which owns his rights can still call him up later in the season.

I am not certain if an emergency call-up (due to injury, sickness, etc.) has to be designated as an "affiliated player", however.

old_time_hockey
01-26-2007, 02:42 PM
I know that if a player is designated as an "affiliated player", the WHL team which owns his rights can still call him up later in the season.

I am not certain if an emergency call-up (due to injury, sickness, etc.) has to be designated as an "affiliated player", however.

The one thing that you can do heading the Memorial Cup is bring an emergency replacement from another WHL team like Kelowna had to in goal. BUT that emergency replacement can only play if the regular roster player is hurt at the Memorial Cup.

Tidball
01-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Slade won't fit in well with a rule that suspends you 2 games for fighting.

Wingnut
01-26-2007, 02:50 PM

The short answer is after January 10th, yes, the player must be an affiliate player.

The rules for playing in the WHL work something like this.

A team starts the season with 45 Hockey Canada registration certificates (cards). They can also also designate up to 19 players as affiliate players (AP). Affiliate players are players registered with another Hockey Canada team at a lower level. At least two APs must be goalies and a team can name no more than 5 15 year-old players as APs. 15s are limited to a maximum of five games with the WHL team and 16 year-old APs (not WHL registered players but APs) are limited to 10 games with the WHL team. Each player who plays in a game must be either on a WHL card or be an AP. Using and then releasing a player burns a card. Trades do not burn a card as the card is transferred to the new team except in a two-for-one trade of carded players. The team getting two players back just used up a card.

On January 10th, a team must declare a maximum 23 player carded list, with no more than four of the 23 allowed to be 16 years old. Also, their AP list is frozen - no adds or deletes. Only these 23 players or designated affiliate players can play in a WHL game after this date. If a team still has cards available, they can use uncarded players who are on their list, but that automatically uses up a card.

After February 10th, no players can be signed to cards. If any team has cards available, too bad - they're lost.

Affiliate players are limited to the number of games they can play at the higher level. As stated above, a 15 year-old AP is limited to five games maximum and 16 year-old APs are limited to ten games for the entire season. There is no limit for older APs except that if an older AP plays more than five games with the WHL team, then he cannot return to his registered team - he must stay with the higher level team. I don't know if it's still done but junior B teams used to sell their unused cards to WHL teams. One year Victoria Cougars had an overage player signed to a Port Coquitlam Junior B card. The player never player a game or attended a practice with PoCo as he was with the Cougars for the entire season. It was a way for the Cougars to register an extra player without using up their 23 WHL card limit.

Once the AP's team is finished for the season, the game limit is removed and he can play out the season with the higher level team.

Section_Z
01-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Well this should be the last news on Slade for a while...
Saved 33 of 36 shots for his first loss in his debut game in the MJAHL tonight.
3 to 1 was the final score.

Kassian
01-27-2007, 02:26 AM
Slade won't fit in well with a rule that suspends you 2 games for fighting.

:laugh:

That's one thing that does piss me off. In the end we never got to see a goalie fight with Slade on the team. I figured that much was a given. :D