PDA

View Full Version : Raider's BC Road Trip

Drop em' eh
01-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Any predictions for the BC tour? * 5 games - possible 10 points.

I say, optimsticly, we have a good chance at 6 points. :thumb:

that would mean wins in chilliwack, kelowna, and prince george. while i think is possible to beat each one of these teams, it would be quite a feat if we could beat all 3 in this road trip. it would also be quite a feat to get even a point against vancouver or kamloops.

the great thing about hockey is anything's possible, good luck boys! nhl

Five Hole
01-26-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm hoping they can get 5 or 6 points on this trip. But, they're going to have to play well to do it. Hopefully, they can do better than they did on the last road trip.
Like you say, we gotta do some damage against the 3 teams that have less points than us....Chilliwack; Kelowna; and PG.... to steal a point or two in Kamloops or Vancouver would be tough... hopefully those two will beat each other up tonight Boogaard'd
Things are really heating up in the East now, so every point is pretty important. And, all other East teams have done the B.C trip already.. MJ and Swift got 6 points; Brandon got 5; Regina got 4 and Blades got 2...
so I'm calling for 5, maybe 6 :thumb:
Be interesting to see how the boys play against AJ tomorrow night!

Dwight Schrute
01-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Be interesting to see how the boys play against AJ tomorrow night!
also see how they play against archie(maybe anholt will give him a pregame peptalk ;) )

Coyote14
01-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Archibald is actually the backup goaltender for the Bruins since Matt Esposito joined the team so it'll be interesting to see who Jim Hiller starts in net. We're looking forward to seeing your team here in Chilliwack for the first time. It should be a good game.

Dwight Schrute
01-26-2007, 10:35 PM
sounds like esposito is quite the goalie

Coyote14
01-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Yeah... the Bruins are a little weak in the fighting department. Graf was by far the worst one.

Coyote14
01-27-2007, 12:14 AM
That may have been the best fight in my mind. Gauthier held the advantage the whole fight, but Bhungal did an alright job of tying up his arm. Most of the punches thrown hit the back of Bhungal's head or missed, but Bhungal didn't get a single good shot in. He looked scared when they were squaring off too.

I didn't see how the Glennie vs. May fight began, but it was just more of the same. Glennie tried to hold him off, but May just overpowered him.

None of our guys seems to be capable of landing a punch, but at least the game had emotion. I could tell they didn't like each other much... there were lots of little cheap shots and scrums after the whistle.

westbeach55
01-27-2007, 12:51 AM
when the games are in prince albert there are hardly any fights and they go out of town and seem to drop the gloves and even Jeff May was scrappin it out. give alot of credit to chilliwack there doing damm good for an expansion team, I wish we could pick up that oscar moller

BruinsFan19
01-27-2007, 01:06 AM
In all fairness to the Bruins fighters, Bhungal just came back from a broken hand, Glennie looked to be about a foot shorter than Vann and Graf is only 16.

They definitely didn't win their fights but I give them credit for stepping up.

Dwight Schrute
01-27-2007, 01:11 AM
In all fairness to the Bruins fighters, Bhungal just came back from a broken hand, Glennie looked to be about a foot shorter than Vann and Graf is only 16.

They definitely didn't win their fights but I give them credit for stepping up.
vann fought graf and is a rookie himself and is 1 year older, and seems to be making a name for himself. glennie fought may and may is listed at 6'1 glennie at 5'10

BruinsFan19
01-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Okay, first I said Glennie looked to be a foot shorter... I didn't say he is.

Second, I realize Vann is only a year older but for Graf (a 16 year old who just made the jump from midget) to take him on was pretty brave.

I'm not taking anything away from the Raiders, they definitely won the fights. I'm just giving credit to the Bruins for stepping up even though they probably shouldn't have.

westbeach55
01-27-2007, 06:22 AM
im glad to see a team like chilliwack come out and leave everything on the ice, listened to a bit on the radio and it seemed like a playoff game out there. zeliska was out again

Dwight Schrute
01-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Okay, first I said Glennie looked to be a foot shorter... I didn't say he is.

Second, I realize Vann is only a year older but for Graf (a 16 year old who just made the jump from midget) to take him on was pretty brave.

I'm not taking anything away from the Raiders, they definitely won the fights. I'm just giving credit to the Bruins for stepping up even though they probably shouldn't have.
i thought you meant vann fought glennie thats why i tried to correct you
but yeah im a graf fan too
did hobbs see much ice ?

BruinsFan19
01-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Yeah Hobbs was out a few times. It was his first game with the Bruins so he didn't play a lot but he looked good when he did play.

Dwight Schrute
01-27-2007, 08:47 PM
raiders play aj and the g-men tonight tough 2 points to get. raiders got a few hometown boys who will wanna have good games (gauthier, may)

Dwight Schrute
01-27-2007, 09:31 PM
3-0 10 min in ouch

Triton
01-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Mistake Not Resting Deckert

Anholt will only continue to dog Deckert for the rest of the season which could hurt the team when he runs out of gas.

Dwight Schrute
01-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Anholt will only continue to dog Deckert for the rest of the season which could hurt the team when he runs out of gas.
i am worried without more playing time aime might not be developing properly

Triton
01-27-2007, 09:56 PM
i am worried without more playing time aime might not be developing properly

Yeah the team could be back to where it was at the beginning of the season...with 2 goalies with almost no experience.

hockey24_7
01-28-2007, 11:27 AM
I think the Raiders done quite well against the giants 4-1 against a powerhouse of talent isn't bad. And if you take away the giveaway goals, it would be a lot closer. You can't cough up the puck in your end and not expect them to score. Our D really wasn't on top of their game last night and it cost us some goals. Their goalie is third in the league so you expected good goal tending and he did make some exceptional saves. I think if our D comes together and we play hard like this against kamloops it will be a good game and if the stars line up right(quote from last post), we could get a point out of it. And I think Jesse will do just fine. He got hung out to dry last night and still made great saves. Some of the young forwards are looking burnt out and will probably hurt us more than deckert playing a lot.

old_time_hockey
01-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Deckert is the only reason that it wasn't 7-1 Giants last night. I sit in the end of the rink that the Giants attack twice...he was good last night. The one he probably should have had was the JD Watt backhand. That was kinda weak. The rest he was either screened (Thelen goal), D coughs it up and lets Lucic have what seemed like forever in the slot (he isn't going to miss often from there), or he makes the 1st save on Czibere and the D doesn't clear the rebound or the man.

But he robbed Rabbit with a nice glove save. He got very little help from the D last night.

Dwight Schrute
01-30-2007, 07:17 PM
well tonight its the blazers. who are a pretty good team this year. palazzo should be up 4 the game since its his hometown

Five Hole
01-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Im willing to bet Vann gets messed up by Kassian

Well, it'd probably be a unanimous consensus that Kassian is the undisputed heavyweight champion in the league. He's had over 60 fights in his WHL career. I have no idea what his record would be, but probably a clear winner in 75% of them (just guessing).
I'd guess Vann's got the potential and probably the desire to be one of the tougher 17 year olds / rookies in the league right now. He'd probably be crazy to try to go toe to toe with Kassian, he'd be giving up 3 years, 3" and about 45 pounds. But, that's not to say he wouldn't give it a whirl anyways. He may not win 'em all, but I don't get the impression he's gonna back down from too many either. :thumb:

Dwight Schrute
01-30-2007, 10:52 PM
4-4 now after 2

FELIX17
01-30-2007, 10:55 PM
4-4 now after 2

Hey guys keep the updates coming. The computer at work will not allow access to the WHL site and it will not allow live updates that are usually available at the top of this site. Pretty frustrating when I'm in the middle of nowhere and can't get updates on the games. Who has scored so far for PA?

Dwight Schrute
01-30-2007, 11:36 PM
malone is in the only fight, and is playing forward
at least the kid is getting some ice and into the lineup

Zookeeper
01-31-2007, 12:21 AM
What is our problem on the road, we seem to never win. Our power play is starting to come around finally. Another lead blown, but we never come back from being down a few goals. Pats have been on a roll and have now past us. The boys better hurry up and get back to PA so we can start a winning streak again.

Dwight Schrute
01-31-2007, 12:39 AM
problem might have been shots 7 then 4 then a whopping 2 in the 3rd... hmm could it have been any easier for butler ?

we get a 3-1 lead and squander it. took a lot of penalties tonight too. what happenned with malone i missed it ? lamb sure seems to be improving though, worked his way into playing with robertson and depape.

hockey24_7
01-31-2007, 12:53 AM
Not really! He's a favorite, so he's given the chance to work with top line players. Would like to see Dowhay given a chance to play with these top guys. He's fast and can set up plays if given the right line mates and has been really working hard and flying this last little while. Might surprise a few people. But I doubt if we'll see that as he's not one of Anholts prospects and I don't think Anholt wants to see him get better. He has more skill than Anholt is using him for.

Dwight Schrute
01-31-2007, 01:05 AM
Not really! He's a favorite, so he's given the chance to work with top line players. Would like to see Dowhay given a chance to play with these top guys. He's fast and can set up plays if given the right line mates and has been really working hard and flying this last little while. Might surprise a few people. But I doubt if we'll see that as he's not one of Anholts prospects and I don't think Anholt wants to see him get better. He has more skill than Anholt is using him for.
i 100% agree with you about dowhay, id like to see him get pp, top 6 ice time. instead of the strictly pk and odd 4th line shift, could say the same thing about trach

Zookeeper
02-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Would like to see Dowhay given a chance to play with these top guys. He's fast and can set up plays if given the right line mates and has been really working hard and flying this last little while. Might surprise a few people.

Did you ever hit the nail on the head, when Dowhay is out on the ice he makes things happen, lays the big hits which creates turn overs, good with the puck and gives it his all every game. Too bad he couldn't get more ice time.