PDA

View Full Version : New Arena?

hockey4
01-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Just curious if Lethbridge has plans for a new arena. The Sportsplex must be what 30 years old. I was just thinking about teams in the league that need newer arenas. Lethbridge definetly does not need a larger facility, but the current one is aging for sure. Is a new arena neccesary or will renovations serve better over the next 15 years

loudi94
01-27-2007, 01:22 AM
No plans for either as far as I know. If they can fill the arena, maybe you could see seats in behind the south end like they had during the big playoff run, but I can't see a new building anytime soon.

LHF
01-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Lethbridge doesn't need a new rink. The Sportsplex is actually going on 33 years old, (built in 74) and is still in really good shape. If my memory serves me correctly they redid the concrete just a few years ago, and they put in new seats not to long ago. For an arena that is as old as the Sportsplex is, it was built really well, and has stood the test of time. It still serves the people of Lethbridge with all that is needed, and is a perfect size.

nhl

superfan
01-28-2007, 12:17 PM
i know some players from other teams are having a hard time breathing in here. to the point of not being able to play

LHF
01-28-2007, 12:29 PM
LOL...

nhl :thumb:

moon
02-05-2007, 11:25 PM
I would like to see a new arena but the one we have now isn't awful and the city council has plenty of other projects that they are busy wasting money on.

That new library on the westside is a real need. :rolleyes:

Section_Z
02-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Nice new seats, but no elbow room. Must be like a sardine can when It's sold out. Serious lack of concouse space as well. The arena facilities are well maintained though.

shushu
02-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Nice new seats, but no elbow room. Must be like a sardine can when It's sold out. Serious lack of concouse space as well. The arena facilities are well maintained though.

when they installed the new seats, the bolts on the floor are 2 to 3 inches narrower than the old seats. plus im 6'3 and when your seated you have a hard time not kneeing the person in front of you .. so much for comfort!!!

Section_Z
02-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Lack of legroom is a problem in all older arenas. The Coliseum in Vancouver is worse than Enmax, if you can believe it. But when I sat down in Lethbridge I couldn't believe how far my elbows went out into the next two seats.

moon
02-09-2007, 11:09 PM
I can't stand how narrow the seats are. It is unbelieveable especially after going to a few games in Calgary during the road trip.

loudi94
02-09-2007, 11:28 PM
I did hear we're getting a new scoreclock.

shushu
02-10-2007, 05:09 PM
I did hear we're getting a new scoreclock.

on those nights like thursday against the ice we will have something to stare at besides the game!!!!!

loudi94
02-10-2007, 10:57 PM
on those nights like thursday against the ice we will have something to stare at besides the game!!!!!

We can watch the replays of the opposing team scoring over and over. ;)

grainbear
02-11-2007, 08:45 PM
This is not going to happen, we will see the expansion of seating to the south end of the building , with the climbing wall now gone to the U Of L and yes we will see a lounge . No arena is in the facilities budget, look at the city priorities it is not even mentioned in the long term facilities reports. And if we get the additional seating it should put us close to the magic 7000 seating for ice events. Also , have heard the report of the videotron coming, will probably come when we get someone on board with a sponsorship of the building . I have heard they are looking for someone with a low million dollar figure for a ten year naming contract. Good luck ! Maybe name it the Scott center seeing we are on road 11 games to partiallly accomodate this event.