PDA

View Full Version : Tough...

Big Ern
01-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I am always the optimist on this forum, and last night I seemed to be proved wrong again, so I took it upon myself to start a new thread on here, and explain what I think. It's tough to dive into this headfirst....believe me....it's TOUGH!
The Broncos have never been this low in the season. This is the first time under .500 this year. Also, we are being followed very closely by not only Prince Albert, who is one point behind us, but also Regina, who is only two behind us. This situation has the potential of getting very ugly.
Now, the solution: We as fans, need to return and support the team. The team needs support, no matter what they accomplish. Some fans are very doubtful, or were last night, about coming to the next game. Last night cost me $60. I could not get a ride in, so I called a cab and paid $30, and of course to get home, I paid another $30. After all that, I'm still going back next game, because I am a faithful fan, always trying to stand up for my team. Secondly, I have spent this much in one evening more than once or twice this season, bringing my taxi fare bill so far this season, to quite a ways over $1000. Thank God I have a crack at my license in early February. I'm just typing all this, to say that we as fans, need to continue supporting the hockey club. It might be a bit overboard to go to the extremes I go to, but still....they need our support, no matter what.
Now, for the players and coaches. Last night in the post-game show, Dean Chynoweth took full responsibility of the troubles the team has had in the last two games especially, and of late. It shows Chynoweth's character. I credit him.....and respect him very much. At the same time, a coach can only do so much. As players, the guys have to want the win. We have been outworked terribly the last month, and the SQUEAKY wins where we tied the games with seconds to go, were not deserved. We've been outshot almost every game, and no doubt, outplayed. This has to change. I am not putting anyone down here. It needs to be done as a group. There are two or three guys who play their hearts out every single game, no matter if we're down 7-2, or up 9-0. I shout out a KUDOS to them...well done. But the rest of the team needs to perform a lot better for these faithful fans. They have to show that the success we've had, is not an act. The guys have to realize what each brings to the table, and go out there and do it....FAST! Because we are being leaned on hard. So good luck!
Lastly, I want to say I have not lost confidence, and never will. I know this group of players has tonnes of character, and their coaches even more. They can get it done, and I'm very hopeful and confident that they'll turn it right around. I hope everyone understands what I'm trying to say. Good luck!
And on Sunday, of course, LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Scout
01-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Very good post. Your a die hard fan and your right we can't loose faith. I think some of the fans are just frustrated at the effort of some guys but we will battle thru it i hope. The team seems to have lost any pride they had when they slip on the jersey. The other teams are improving and we seem to be standing idle. We need a player or the vets to take control and get the other players giving 100%for a full 60 minutes. The coaching staff have to take part of the responsibility but so do the players. I remember way back when teams hated to come into our barn because it was a tough place to win in. This club depends on play-off money to break even and the way its looking now it will be a task to stay ahead of Regina and P.A. who are both playing good hockey. Although i get as frustrated as most fans i gotta keep supporting the team but something has to be done to get the jump back into the team.

Scout

loud and proud
01-27-2007, 11:47 AM
You are right Ernie the fans need to stay and support this team. They are in a slump right now and the last thing they need to hear is how bad it is and how important it is for them to get out of it. They all know that! Almost everywhere I've gone in the past few days I hear a discussion of how disappointing the last week has been for the fans. How do you think the team feels? Do you think that they feel good about it?

Compare things to last year! They've already won as many games as they did last season! Almost everyone left on the team from last year has already gotten more points than they got in the entire season last year. They fought desperately to hang on to that play-off spot last year but they made the play-offs and will again this year. They showed they had character and could find what they needed to find then and they will again.

Do the fans have what they need to support these kids? It is far better for the team to struggle in January and find a way to battle out of it mentally, physically, and emotionally now than it is to wait until March and do it in play-offs. So fans don't finger-point, don't blame, just be supportive and encouraging and for goodness sake CHEER !!!!!!!! Shock them with your support!!!!! :bounce: yeehoo dancing pi :clap: :groovy:

transplantedbronco
01-27-2007, 12:32 PM
I gotta agree with ya Big Ern, we as fans still need to support this team. I know I will. Win or lose I go and support the team. For some right now its gotta be hard as those games were terrible. But this is where the players need us the most. The have to be feeling a little down (okay alot) and now is when we need to show up on Sunday and be loud and proud for these guys.

d-man
01-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Hey Ern, I didn't miss a single home game last season or so far this season. Leaving the rink Friday I was serious about not going Sunday. Boogaard'd
After reading your pep talk I'll be there.

Any way we can get you in the dressing room to motivate the players?

1 Vote for Big Ern as the Swift Plumbing & Heating 7th Man punk rock

Big Ern
01-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Hey Ern, I didn't miss a single home game last season or so far this season. Leaving the rink Friday I was serious about not going Sunday. Boogaard'd
After reading your pep talk I'll be there.

Any way we can get you in the dressing room to motivate the players?

1 Vote for Big Ern as the Swift Plumbing & Heating 7th Man punk rock

Ha ha ha....thank you very much first of all for promoting me, and secondly, changing your mind about coming tomorrow, d-man. I know what I should do....sit on my butt in my place behind the bench to motivate the guys, not walk all over heck like I've been doing lately. From now on, I'll try to stick to E 3 14.....not kidding! The guys tell me my yelling gets them going! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! I'll see y'all tomorrow! LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!!

Scout
01-27-2007, 08:50 PM
It was great to finally meet you at the game. Its always good to put a face to a poster. Keep cheering your lungs out. I think next year Big Ern should be behind the bench for the Inter Squad Game. lol. Hey maybe the coach will be all for it.

Scout

Big Ern
01-27-2007, 09:02 PM
It was great to finally meet you at the game. Its always good to put a face to a poster. Keep cheering your lungs out. I think next year Big Ern should be behind the bench for the Inter Squad Game. lol. Hey maybe the coach will be all for it.

Scout

HEY! Right on!! Here's the deal: I'll coach alongside Chance Duperreault, and we'll beat Jon Keen once...he's 6 and 0 in those games as coach. As long as Levi is on my side, that's the deal...and hey! If I was coaching, who's side do you think Levi would want to be on? LOL GOOD DEAL Scout! :bounce: :clap:

mjwfan
01-27-2007, 11:11 PM
I am always the optimist on this forum, and last night I seemed to be proved wrong again, so I took it upon myself to start a new thread on here, and explain what I think. It's tough to dive into this headfirst....believe me....it's TOUGH!
The Broncos have never been this low in the season. This is the first time under .500 this year. Also, we are being followed very closely by not only Prince Albert, who is one point behind us, but also Regina, who is only two behind us. This situation has the potential of getting very ugly.
Now, the solution: We as fans, need to return and support the team. The team needs support, no matter what they accomplish. Some fans are very doubtful, or were last night, about coming to the next game. Last night cost me $60. I could not get a ride in, so I called a cab and paid $30, and of course to get home, I paid another $30. After all that, I'm still going back next game, because I am a faithful fan, always trying to stand up for my team. Secondly, I have spent this much in one evening more than once or twice this season, bringing my taxi fare bill so far this season, to quite a ways over $1000. Thank God I have a crack at my license in early February. I'm just typing all this, to say that we as fans, need to continue supporting the hockey club. It might be a bit overboard to go to the extremes I go to, but still....they need our support, no matter what.
Now, for the players and coaches. Last night in the post-game show, Dean Chynoweth took full responsibility of the troubles the team has had in the last two games especially, and of late. It shows Chynoweth's character. I credit him.....and respect him very much. At the same time, a coach can only do so much. As players, the guys have to want the win. We have been outworked terribly the last month, and the SQUEAKY wins where we tied the games with seconds to go, were not deserved. We've been outshot almost every game, and no doubt, outplayed. This has to change. I am not putting anyone down here. It needs to be done as a group. There are two or three guys who play their hearts out every single game, no matter if we're down 7-2, or up 9-0. I shout out a KUDOS to them...well done. But the rest of the team needs to perform a lot better for these faithful fans. They have to show that the success we've had, is not an act. The guys have to realize what each brings to the table, and go out there and do it....FAST! Because we are being leaned on hard. So good luck!
Lastly, I want to say I have not lost confidence, and never will. I know this group of players has tonnes of character, and their coaches even more. They can get it done, and I'm very hopeful and confident that they'll turn it right around. I hope everyone understands what I'm trying to say. Good luck!
And on Sunday, of course, LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!
Great to see such a great fan as you Big Ern . Do i have a deal for you . I can pick you up and bring you home ..under one condition - You wear a Warrior Jersey and YELL GO Warriors GO .. OK this is not going to happen (right Big Ern) ?? lol.. But to be as faithful as you are towards your Broncos GOOD for you .. Yes Swifty Fans don't give up keep coming to the rink. We had a couple of games at the Crushed Can today and 5,000 fans showed up. Things do not look good here either but the fans are still coming out to watch some pretty good hockey. Should be a good game tomorrow . What size do you wear Ern and what time should i pick you up ..lol.. Lets fill the CC tomorrow and make it loud .