PDA

View Full Version : Pre-game warm-up?

Triton
01-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Whats the song they play during the warm-up at the Raider games?

Big Ern
01-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Whats the song they play during the warm-up at the Raider games?

I was there once, and they blasted a Matellica tune....it was great. But not quite as loud and hammering as it is in the Civic Centre. lol lol

Triton
01-27-2007, 05:19 PM
This one sounded like a Rob Zombie tune.

RaiderFan19
01-27-2007, 09:25 PM
they play 4.

1. Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica
2. Dragula - Rob Zombie
3. Highway to Hell - ACDC

i have been trying to figure out the 4th song the whole season. it sounds like it might be another rob zombie tune but i'm not sure about it.

HAF
01-27-2007, 09:27 PM
they play 4.

1. Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica
2. Dragula - Rob Zombie
3. Highway to Hell - ACDC

i have been trying to figure out the 4th song the whole season. it sounds like it might be another rob zombie tune but i'm not sure about it.

What are one of the lyrics? I can find out if I have atleast one line of it.

Triton
01-27-2007, 09:29 PM
What are one of the lyrics? I can find out if I have atleast one line of it.

At one point near the end of each chorus it sounds as if he is belting out American Dreams.

RaiderFan19
01-28-2007, 01:37 PM
sorry i'll make a correction on the songs that they play. i was thinking of last years songs

1. smells like teen spirit - nirvana
2. kickstart my heart - motley crue
3. highway to hell - acdc

and still trying to figure out the 4th. and your right. he belts out american dream in the middle.

Knuckle Chucker
01-28-2007, 05:58 PM
sorry i'll make a correction on the songs that they play. i was thinking of last years songs

1. smells like teen spirit - nirvana
2. kickstart my heart - motley crue
3. highway to hell - acdc

and still trying to figure out the 4th. and your right. he belts out american dream in the middle.

The order of the songs are:

1. Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue
2. Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
3. Dragula by Rob Zombie
4. Highway to Hell by AC/DC

I know the guy who plays the music and he said the songs are selected by the players.

Triton
01-28-2007, 06:11 PM
The order of the songs are:

1. Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue
2. Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
3. Dragula by Rob Zombie
4. Highway to Hell by AC/DC

I know the guy who plays the music and he said the songs are selected by the players.

But whats that one called we are trying to figure out?It's neither of the ones listed,but I'm pretty sure it's by Rob Zombie.

Dwight Schrute
01-28-2007, 07:59 PM
But whats that one called we are trying to figure out?It's neither of the ones listed,but I'm pretty sure it's by Rob Zombie.
dragula ????????

HAF
01-28-2007, 08:07 PM
I'll check the lyrics finder site and see if any of Rob Zombies songs have the lyric "American dream" in it. I'll post the results of my search.

Five Hole
01-28-2007, 08:16 PM
I edited it for the language filter, but I guess this is it:\(P.S. I'm an old f@rt who has no idea who Rob Zombie is, I'm just trying to be helpful :D

"The Great American Nightmare"

Dig deep down from Planet X, yeah
Thirteen ghosts in the devil's head
Step right up and feel the fire
Hardcore love of the never dead

Call me the American nightmare
Call me the American dream
Call me your soul corrupted
Call me everything you need

Yeah, m**********r
Yeah, who do you love
Yeah, m**********r
Who do you love, yeah

Black boots stomp and penetrate, yeah
Lust and death gone in your head
Rat pack mind degenerated
Thirteen ghosts sing the body red

Call me the dark intruder
Call me the haunted sea
Call me your Monster Zero
Call me anything you need

Call me the American Nightmare

Yeah, m**********r
Yeah, who do you love
Yeah, m**********r
Who do you love, yeah

Call me the American Nightmare

Yeah, m**********r
Yeah, who do you love
Yeah, m**********r
Who do you love, yeah

Yeah, m**********r
Yeah, who do you love
Yeah, m**********r
Who do you love, yeah

HAF
01-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Yep, that has to be it. Heres the link to that lyric finder site.

http://lyrics.astraweb.com/

Five Hole
01-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Is that actually the tune they play? I'm kind of surprised that a group of such fine young, dedicated, hard-working, upstanding, goal oriented, boys like our Prince Albert Raiders, while chasing their dreams would knowingly subject their loving family oriented fan base to such dark and depraved lyrics, much less actually choose to listen to such drivel themselves....oops, I'm showing my age now... and my parents thought the Doors, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Hendrix, The Animals, etc that I listened to as a teenager were sickos yeehoo :D punk rock

Knuckle Chucker
01-28-2007, 09:05 PM

Sorry guys. When he told me it was Rob Zombie I assumed it was Dragula. Guess not. I am never there in time for the warmup. They must play an edited version at the rink.

Dennis
01-30-2007, 08:01 AM
I am the person who plays music at the games. The songs are selected by the players and they include:
1. Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
2. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
3. Demons Speeding - Rob Zombie
4. Highway to Hell - AC/DC
The song played during their pre-game run (at approximately 6:00p.m.) is decided by me. I pick a song, play it and don't change it until the team looses. Jump by Van Halen proved to be the most successful song this season.
- Dennis

Five Hole
01-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Hey, thanks for clarifying that, Dennis. I see Demon Speeding has the lyrics 'American Dream' in it, too. So, that is obviously the song you play, as opposed to the other one.
BTW, my last post was definitely 'tounge in cheek' ... I hope it came across that way :)
Matters not to me what they choose to play, and if it fires them up - all the better nhl :thumb:
Besides, I'm sure Rob Zombie is a fine young, dedicated, hard-working, upstanding, goal oriented, boy chasing his dreams, too! punk rock

He gets it that 'anything' is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it, and he's developed a product that some people will open their wallets for! Gotta give him credit for that! :D :thumb:

Triton
02-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Dennis thanks for clearing that up.Can I toss another question your way??

Whats that song called that says during the tune.."I didn't come to see Gretzky...didn't come to see Lemieux"...than later says something about a bru ha ha?

Any help?

Dennis
02-06-2007, 07:51 AM
To Canadian Eh!
The song is called the "Hockey Fight Song" by Chuck Brodsky. It is on his CD entitled, "Radio on CD."
Dennis