PDA

View Full Version : Best Logo?

hockey4
01-27-2007, 03:06 PM
The Hockey News did a report about 7 years ago and had red deer as the top logo if i remember correctly. Has this changed? Who should take the cake?

My top 5 include

Red Deer
MEd Hat
Vancouver
Spokane
Seattle

Worst

Kelowna
Calgary
Everett
Lethbrige
Swift Current

Coyote14
01-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Top:
Tri-Cities
Kamloops
Red Deer
Medicine Hat
Chilliwack

Worst:
Portland
Saskatoon
Everett
Moose Jaw
Prince George

WHEATMAN
01-27-2007, 05:09 PM
I really like Swift Current's and think they are the best. I really like Brandons dark jerseys/logo. But for me, the worst by far are Kelowna's Ogopogo ones, Saskatoon's, aswell as Moose Jaw's 3rds.

HAF
01-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Favorites
Tri City Americans
Red Deer Rebels
Seattle Thunderbirds Alternate logo
Kootenay Ice
Swift Current Broncos
Calgary Hitmen
Chilliwack alternative logo( The totem pole bear head)

Least favorites
Prince George Cougars(looks like it was created with amatuer computer program)
Tri City Americans alternate logo (It reminds me of the GI JOE logo from when I was a kid.)
Kamloops Blazers ( It looks like they are sponsored by the local propane company or Bic Lighters)
Chilliwack Bruins ( Wheres the originality?)
Portland Winterhawks ( I know the story behind it but come on, its time to get your own logo)

Triton
01-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Fav's:

Brandon Wheatkings
Hitmen 3rd logo(or was that just for the 10th anniversary)?
Saskatoon Blades 3rd logo
Seattle 3rd logo
Swift Current Broncos
Tri City Americans
Vancouver Giants
Portland's 3rd

Least

Spokane 3rd
Portland AKA Chicago Blackhawks jersey
Chilliwack
Kelowna
Lethbridge
Medicine Hat(should have stayed with the other one they had)
Moose Jaw 3rd

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-27-2007, 07:07 PM
LOOK HOW EXCITING THE PATS LOGO IS! (http://www.ahs.uwaterloo.ca/prospective/kin/images/reginapats.jpg)

It just blows my mind. yeehoo

Big Ern
01-27-2007, 07:15 PM
LOOK HOW EXCITING THE PATS LOGO IS! (http://www.ahs.uwaterloo.ca/prospective/kin/images/reginapats.jpg)

It just blows my mind. yeehoo

Reminds me of the Parkers....eewwwwww! LOL LOL LOL

Tidball
01-28-2007, 01:01 AM
Top 5
1. Blades
2. Oil Kings
3. Bronco's
4. Hurricanes
5. Rebels
(Honorable mention goes to Wheatkings)

Worst
1. Raiders
2. Blazers
3. Cougars
4. Warriors 3rd
5. Bruins

TC Autograph Guy
01-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Best:
1. Seattle
2. Medicine Hat
3. Spokane
4. Everett
5. Chilliwack secondary logo (totem pole face)

Worst:
1. Prince George
2. Tri-Cities alternate 98-99
3. Portland 3rd jersey
4. older Swift Current (looks like the Santa Clara Broncos old logo)
5. Prince Albert

In the crowd
01-29-2007, 10:22 PM
My top 5 jerseys are

5 best-
1-Swift Current Broncos
2-Red Deer Rebels third jersey
3-Vancouver Giants
4-Lehtbridge Hurricanes
5-Kootenay Ice

5 worst-
1-Kelowna Rockets
2-Brandon Wheat Kings
3-Vancouver Giants third jersey
4-Chilliwack Bruins
5-Spokane Chiefs

Rooselk
01-30-2007, 10:56 PM
I don't dislike any of the WHL team logos. But among my favorites:

1. Seattle
2. Everett
3. Spokane
4. Vancouver
5. Chilliwack secondary logo

peatfan
01-31-2007, 01:37 AM
My top 5:
1-HItmen
2-Kootenay
3-Vancouver
4-Everett
5-Medicine Hat

My bottom 5:
1- Riverdale (Where is Jughead?)
2- Saskatoon
3- Spokane
4- Regina
5- Kelowna
nhl Boogaard'd pbj nhl Boogaard'd pbj nhl Boogaard'd pbj

LifelongChiefsFan
01-31-2007, 02:02 AM
Obviously I like Spokane's but I am biased so I will leave them out.

Top 5
Portland - It may not be original but I like the logo
Seattle - They've had the same logo for years, and there's a reason why. It works
Regina - Always liked it. Very simple
Tri-City - Never was a fan of any of their logos until the most recent one
Saskatoon - It's an ice skate with a huge Blade what's not to like about that?

HM: Brandon, Medicine Hat

Least Favorite
Saskatoon - Obviously not the same one as above but that other logo they used to have. I don't know if they still use it or not but I never really could figure out what it was or how it related to the blades. Maybe someone can enlighten me. Looked like one of those things they use to compact asphalt.
Prince George - Nothing really against their current logo, I just like the old early PG/Victoria Cougar logo better.
Kelowna - I know the story behind the dragon (I won't try to spell it because I know I'll probably offend a Rocket fan with my horrid spelling of it, lol) but I still don't like it. The green one was more realistic.
Edmonton Oil Kings - Wow that logo is ugly! I was hoping they'd make a new one; way to stay in the 70/80's Edmonton!
Everett - Something about the way that bear looks, I just don't like it. Not a huge fan of the team's choice of green either, which may play a part in that.

HM: Spokane's 3rd jerseys. Those things are disgustingly horrid. The sad part is I own one. :dead:

Tidball
01-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Least Favorite
Saskatoon - Obviously not the same one as above but that other logo they used to have. I don't know if they still use it or not but I never really could figure out what it was or how it related to the blades. Maybe someone can enlighten me. Looked like one of those things they use to compact asphalt.

Touche', it was called the bulldozer logo. I think everyone home and away fans hated it. I mean, the logo itself looked allright, but we're the Blades, not the bulldozers. Other then that i have always liked Saskatoons logos.

wango tango
01-31-2007, 03:53 PM
i like the wheat kings and chiefs colors. i'm not a huge original six fan in the bruins and canadiens by any stretch i just think the black, gold, and white and the red, white and blue look real sharp.

the broncos and blades colors and logos look like they were done by the same design firm. i really like the broncos logo just wish they would've stayed with their old color scheme.

red deers regular unis smoke. i remember the one third with the r on the front. didn't care for it much, unimaginative.

the tigers colors stand out, in a good way. didn't they also have an unimaginative orange third that just said tigers or medicine hat across the front?

i prefer the hitmens away jersey over the home, more imposing with all the black i guess.

the raiders logo is a step up from the old nostalgic sheik.

i'm not a fan of kootenay's logo, and these teams that go with the team name or city across the front of the jersey as a third, a missed marketing opportunity as far as i'm concerned.

i like the pats, what is it third fourth fifth, jersey? that resembles the leafs home unis. the blades new look on the old school thirds are sharp.

warriors great colors, time for a new logo.

SectionNDeserter
01-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Touche', it was called the bulldozer logo. I think everyone home and away fans hated it. I mean, the logo itself looked allright, but we're the Blades, not the bulldozers. Other then that i have always liked Saskatoons logos.I always called that one the "Smilin' Combine". It was supposed to be a bulldozer? The combine association with Saskatoon was sketchy, but the bulldozer is really way out there. :D

hockey4
02-01-2007, 01:42 AM
i remember the one third with the r on the front. didn't care for it much, unimaginative.

I dont think i would call it unimaginative. Depends if you like the retro look. I praise them for not going with cheesy colors and graphics like many teams (Spokane, Portland, Lethbridge, Moose Jaw). They look a lot better now that they have the white helmets and slipcovers.

OHLArenaGuide
02-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Best:
Kamloops
Regina
Edmonton
Medicine Hat
Seattle
Spokane

Worst:
Kelowna
Kootenay
Lethbridge
Prince George - worst uniforms and logo in junior hockey. Outdated, too new to be classic and too old to be trendy, follows a lot of bad 90s trends, and generic. I liked the old Victoria Cougars logo, they should go back to something like that.

nivek_wahs
02-12-2007, 06:47 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while now. Seeing that I am into the more vintage or retro look; here are my top choices:

In no particular order...
Medicine Hat
Brandon
Kamloops
Regina
Edmonton
Seattle
Spokane

hockey4
02-12-2007, 11:47 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while now. Seeing that I am into the more vintage or retro look; here are my top choices:

In no particular order...
Medicine Hat
Brandon
Kamloops
Regina
Edmonton
Seattle
Spokane

While i also like the vintage look and that i agree with most of your choices, Brandon's is not vintage. i think its one of the worst.

Tidball
02-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Really took a beating with the worst logo. I hope the...(whoever changes logos for the Cougars) is reading this poll and decides to take action. I usually watch PG at least 3 times a year, sometimes 4. I hope thing get new logo's soon.

transplantedbronco
02-14-2007, 11:21 AM
For my fav. logos

Swift Current
Red Deer
Calgary
Medicine Hat
Prince Albert (would almost move their just to have a pirate on a jersey)

One I dislike

Kelowna (and Im from their they should have changed the name and logo when they relocated their)
Kamloops
Saskatoon
Lethbridge
Moose Jaw esp their third (three cheers for Bulwinkle)

rinkrat
02-14-2007, 03:52 PM
I like Brandons uniforms,especially Plantes pads with the wheat thingies.(sorry prarie folk,what do you call pieces of wheat?)

Bran
02-14-2007, 06:14 PM
I like Brandons uniforms,especially Plantes pads with the wheat thingies.(sorry prarie folk,what do you call pieces of wheat?)
Stalks. :)

I like the colours of Brandon's uniforms...there's too much wheat, though. I think they'd look better if it was just around the bottom, or just on the arms.

BladeRunner
02-15-2007, 11:39 AM

ya those pads are pretty sweet, somthing different, im tired of seeing most of the goalies having the same style with different colours.

i like the wheat things on the arms and the bottom of the jersey, it looks cool. what would you replace the wheat on the arms or the bottom of the jersey with? yellow stripe! to original.

TEAM LOGO

faverite
1-Saskatoon Blades (3rd)
2-Red Deer Rebels
3-Kamloops Blazers
4-Chilliwack Bruins
5-Lethbridge Hurricanes

least faverite
1-Kelowna Rockets
2-Prince George Cougars
3-Everett Silvertips
4-Medicine Hat Tigers
5-Prince Albert Raiders

Bran
02-15-2007, 11:52 AM
ya those pads are pretty sweet, somthing different, im tired of seeing most of the goalies having the same style with different colours.

i like the wheat things on the arms and the bottom of the jersey, it looks cool. what would you replace the wheat on the arms or the bottom of the jersey with? yellow stripe! to original.
It's not the wheat that I don't like...there are too many lines. I think it's because they're so thing maybe? It just looks like too much on an otherwise simple uniform. I don't dislike the wheat, just the volume of it. I don't know what I'd replace it with...maybe nothing. Put it on the arms and leave the bottom blank or put it on the bottom and leave the arms black.