PDA

View Full Version : Former Bronco Jeff Harvey

Scout
01-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Harvey trying to make the cut

The Southwest Booster

Former Swift Current Broncos goaltender Jeff Harvey is one of 36 players who are vying for a second shot at professional hockey through the Global series Making The Cut - Last Man Standing.

The 15 episode series begins on Saturday on Global TV, with the last player remaining earning a $250,000 endorsement contract and the services of a top NHL agent. The show will be presented in one-hour episodes, with Mike Keenan and Jack Birch putting the players through the paces to determine who will be the last man standing.

Harvey is one of five goaltenders to earn a spot in the series.

Harvey joined the Broncos in the 2001-02 season from the Kootenay Ice where he posted a 13-5-1-2 record as a Bronco. During his third season in 2002-03 he posted a 22-15-2-2 mark. He played his overage season with the Everett Silvertips. During his four-year WHL career he posted a 78-42-11-10 mark.

Harvey was a rookie with the University of Saskatchewan Huskies last season, earning Canada West First Team All-Star status in 2006 and receiving the Canada West trophy for lowest goals against average. This year the Huskies are ranked third in the CIS national rankings after beginning the year with a 13-8-0-1 mark.

Making The Cut boasts 36 players, including 18 who are current or former Canadian Hockey League juniors. A total of eight are current or former Canadian college hockey players, five have played minor professional hockey, three junior "A", three CHL, two ECHL, one Senior "AAA" and one European league. Eight of 10 provinces are represented with Ontario leading the way with 15 players. There are seven from British Columbia and five from Alberta.

One of the two Saskatchewan players on the show is forward Casey Lee from Kindersley, a five-year WHL player who skated with the Kamloops Blazers and Kootenay Ice between 2001 and 2006. He started this past season in the ECHL.

Saskatchewan is also represented by Graham Dearle from Moosomin. He has played the past two seasons in the Southern Professional Hockey League.

Spungy
01-28-2007, 02:21 PM
having two players that i have seen will make it a fun watch this time again!

fightstrap50
01-28-2007, 05:29 PM
This all happened in Vernon BC in may and was televised in September I believe. This is all a Re-run of the series again. Remember Jared Lukin and Adam Taylor hanging out alot and goofing around with all the roster players. Adam did quite well by the way, but Harvey didnt last long only a few episodes after a bad run.

Spungy
01-28-2007, 11:50 PM
After talking to my husband he informed me that Jeff and Casey were on last years run. too bad they didn't go to far. I enjoyed watching Adam Taylor make it far though!