PDA

View Full Version : Big Ern's TAKE.....

Big Ern
01-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey fans! I am not one to be optimistic and try convincing everybody else to be the same, and then not come up with an explanation after a disappointment like last night. So, here goes....don't believe it if you don't want to, it's just my humble opinion....
I'm never one to bash officiating, but that young gun, Sheldon Dean, thinks he can do whatever he wants. There's a ref with tonnes of experience on the ice in Nathan Wieler, and the baby ref. takes the show. First of all, how old is he? 19, or 20? Secondly, he weighs about 110 lbs or so. He has screwed us before, (namely once in Saskatoon) with his inexperienced, out-of-control antics. I think what he needs, is a 200 lbs. player to collide with him, and hit him so hard he goes down for a while. Maybe then he'd be back where he belongs. Powerplays were 9-2 in favor of Swift after the second....in this league, rule of thumb says they will be even at the end.....and BY GOD!!! They were even!!! WHAT AN EXCUSE!!! And at the expense of an inexperienced, clueless little freak. So I say, if there is an experienced ref on the ice looking at the play and doesn't call a penalty, then young Sheldon, SHUT THE HELL UP!! THE FANS ARE NOT WATCHING YOU!!! THEY WANT TO SEE A HOCKEY GAME!! But then, what else have we seen from this league in the last ten years, but horrific officiating.......I dunno...I just don't.
Secondly, our goaltending needs to step up big time. I have confidence in both goalies, and we are said (or WERE at one time) to have the best one-two goalie punch in the league. MOISSY, YONKS, what is it? 30 shots? Seven games in a row? C'mon! Our goaltending steals games. Last night, it would have had to be just average to win, because the guys scored six times, but c'mon! I mean......we need that big save from one of you! Not everything thrown at the net can go in....that doesn't work!
The skaters played fine, in my opinion. With the exception of goaltending, I thought the guys did really well to score six, and it's definitely enough to win hockey games. Doyle with four points....WOW! (I already think that trade was a steal.) Levi gets three points, Dale Weise with three, and Leavold gets two. There's points all over the board, what else could you wish for?? I'm not saying the goalies were not hung out to dry once or twice, but even so, we are used to seeing Moir or Yonkman make those saves 11 out of twelve times. The skaters were good last night, in my opinion. It was a game with poor goaltending, and to add some cheeze to it, it was screwed up by a young referee. So I say, "C'mon boys, let's get going....Moissy and Yonks, I still believe in you." And we CAN do it! We CAN bounce back! It's a matter of believing in yourself, and getting that confidence back. I strongly believe we can do this!
Of course on Wednesday, LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!!

Big Ern
01-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Well, everyone, it's 2:30, and I'm anxiously sitting at the rink here, waiting for my driver instructor, for the second last hour of training....hopefully things go well.
After training, of course, there's a game to play. The guys are really fired up, and do not look like a team that is in a slump at all. Maybe we can feed off that special momentum tonight, and knock off Red Deer. Granted, the Rebels have amazing scoring power up front, but if things on our end improve, starting with our goaltending (lately) we will knock the Rebels off. It doesn't take much, and the Rebels are slumping lately. However, the guys will have to remain focused on the task at hand, and not think about other stuff. Good luck....LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!! Cya at the rink at 5:00. Getting milking off tonight...lol.

wango tango
01-31-2007, 03:16 PM
have the broncos been the same team since crowley was dealt? getting a player of doyle's calibre is excellent, i wonder if losing what dane brought to the table... well can't deal in what ifs.

broncos rebels a battle of two struggling teams. one is going to get off the slide. as hanzal and starkov go so do the rebs. yonkman and moir need to get their mojo back for the broncs to have success.

crackerjack57
01-31-2007, 04:27 PM
The game play itself is up to the Broncos. (mostly goaltending) However us fans could sure step up our game tonight. The loudest the Bronco fans cheer is during the T-shirt cannon. Sad. I mean like what do you think cheers up a 20 year old kid more? Crickets? NOISE !!! LETS LOVE IT LOUD. exept ernie. your loud enough. hahaha nhl3

Rebels30
01-31-2007, 09:03 PM
6-0 after 2 periods :D

Five Hole
01-31-2007, 10:13 PM
yikes , hopefully theres some good fights
Looks like a line brawl.... have to check the video on that one... LaRochelle got about a hundred minutes in penalties tonight :D
(OK, I'm exaggerating a little bit!)

ointhecreek
01-31-2007, 10:24 PM
Looks like a line brawl.... have to check the video on that one... LaRochelle got about a hundred minutes in penalties tonight :D
(OK, I'm exaggerating a little bit!)
42, and Lamoureuxgot 42 plus match including 2 game misconducts.

Link Dog
01-31-2007, 11:17 PM
The Vandermeer and Rumsey fight was the best fight we've had in Swift all year. Vandermeer gave Rumsey a nudge in the back of the legs as they were going for the puck in the corner causing Myles to go pretty heavy into the wall. Rumsey got up and got in his face and Vandermeer immediately obliged him. Toe to toe the whole fight, no clutching or grabbing, just chucking them. I'd say a draw as they both landed a ton of blows, however Rumsey's right eye was pretty dark and swelling by the third. Great scrap.