PDA

View Full Version : Rebs look flat in Calgary

Red celtic
02-26-2005, 11:13 AM
I was at the game with the in-laws last night who are big Hitman fans. Boy did they have bragging rights or what. We competed for the first period after that we looked like we didn't care. We need to get some intensity in our game otherwise it is going to be a short playoffs for us. Our vets are not leading and seem to be giving up if there is any adversity at all. I am pretty sure that Sutter will follow through with his threats and bring up younger players if the 18-20 year olds don't start producing. :confused:

Shinyshoes
02-26-2005, 12:02 PM
I am pretty sure that Sutter will follow through with his threats and bring up younger players if the 18-20 year olds don't start producing. :confused:Im surprised he hasnt already done it. Morris, Wick, and Rome have been the worst Rebels on the ice the last 3-4 games, and Phaneuf, Frazer, and Neiszner have been average at best.

I think the only reason we havent seen some of the younger kids brought up is because most of them would be into playoffs now. Once they are over, I think you will see some vets benched in favor of some of our list players.

tiny
02-26-2005, 12:38 PM
I have to agree with you, Red Celtic. As positive and supportive of the Rebels as I try to be, I am very tense and frustrated with the play recently. Yes I know there are injuries and some are dealing with colds BUT I am not seeing ALL the older players stepping up. The commitment I expected from some of the sr.s isn't there.

It almost appears that we are playing the games afraid to commit physically. I don' mean fighting necessarily but forechecking and banging their defense, grinding the corners, and crashing to the front of their net.

Cudo's to Teddy for stepping up last night, to Pieper for agressive banging, and to Eric for the effort last night. I hope you are OK, Eric.

Great hit last night, Dion, nice to see it again.

Interesting to see Dion up front on the power play last night. It would be interesting to hear the stategy behind the forward/D switch on faceoffs that was used last night.

tonight a win is a MUST. Get it together boys.

frontrow fan
02-26-2005, 01:11 PM
Yes it was disappointing to head to calgary with 2 busloads of Rebels fans, willing and able to cheer the boys on, but alas to no avail... there is such a lack of urgency with this team. Maybe Sutter is right when he keeps saying that these boys figure they are such "stars" already that they don't need to keep it up on a regurlar basis. That game last night was winable...Pogge played a good game, not stellar, we definately have the guys to score the goals, but they don't seem to have the drive or something to put in a FULL 60 minutes... Eric and Pierre-Paul, Tanner, and Jordan did play well last night, as did Johnny, and for the most part Teddy, but some of the vets were just plain disappointing.....hope Eric is okay, finally gets to play and then goes down like that... Hopefully Henny can get back tonite...
On a lighter note... who wants to bet that Fraz and Masi will duke it out again tonite, and who will take on Stuey??? I'd say Teddy or possibly Flats...??? time will tell....went past the Centrium this a.m...... boys were already there!!!!! (wonder why????????????????) :eek:

The_Vulk
02-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Yes it was disappointing to head to calgary with 2 busloads of Rebels fans, willing and able to cheer the boys on, but alas to no avail... there is such a lack of urgency with this team.
Just two busloads?

We were told that infact, it was three busloads, organized by two completely different people.

And for the first portion of the game, the Rebels did their best of keeping the crowd out of the game. (And they were succeeding, too.)

But when the Hitmen finally scored their first goal, it looked like the Rebels simple gave up. Like they knew they were beat. The lack of urgency (which the Hitmen had done alot of all year long) was apparent.

I don't know if it was the fact that we all known which four teams of the central division have made the playoffs.

But wanting to go into the playoffs on a high note. And with the way the Canes and Tigers have been playing lately, this is not a good time to be in a funk.