PDA

View Full Version : GREAT win VS MJ

Tidball
01-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Watched the game on webcast and i was thrilled with the effort. Blades played hard, fast, and as a team. Gillies laid a dirty hit on someone after the horn sounded. We had nice goals that resulted from good passing, and movement of the puck. 4 powerplay goals, 4/8 on the night. Pretty damn good considering there was a point when we had the worst PP in the league. Holtby made some great saves. The Menei, Hulak, McCrae was freaking awesome and they were always creating pressure. Good win and we needed this 1. WTG blue.

I rarely say this, good reffing.

Dwight Schrute
01-31-2007, 12:43 AM
Gillies laid a dirty hit on someone after the horn sounded.
I rarely say this, good reffing.

i just felt the urge to quote you on this :D

side note good to see hulak doing well

nivek_wahs
01-31-2007, 05:12 AM
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/sports/story.html?id=dc0328cc-6303-4778-9658-ba618d93bca4&k=92495

Hulak leads Blades

Cory Wolfe, The StarPhoenix
Published: Wednesday, January 31, 2007

BLADES 4, WARRIORS 2

The Saskatoon Blades had a major hiccup on their power play Tuesday, but they also had plenty of highlights.

Despite giving up a shorthanded goal, the Blades scored all of their goals on the power play and rolled to a 4-2 road win over the Moose Jaw Warriors.

Saskatoon (20-26-1-1) inched out of the East Division basement and sits one point up on Moose Jaw (19-28-3-0) in the tightly bunched East Division.

The Blades killed off three early penalties before converting a power play of their own.

Derek Hulak scored from close range at 10:57 and that lead held into the fi rst break.

Saskatoon's power play struck again early in the second when Justin McCrae made a strong move from just behind the net and beat goaltender Joey Perricone.

The Blades' 2-for-2 showing with the man-advantage would soon be blemished, though. A poorly timed line change gave Moose Jaw penalty killers a 3-on-1 rush and ex-Blade Michael Hengen capped it by beating netminder Braden Holtby from the high slot.

The Warriors fi nally found some power-play success on their sixth opportunity. Just 27 seconds into the third period, Jason Reese's pass defl ected off a Saskatoon defender to tie the match 2-2.

But once again, Saskatoon unleashed some special-teams spark. Hulak netted his second power-play goal of the night at 4:52 of the third. Not quite 10 minutes later, Brett Ward's point shot clinched victory.

Overall, Saskatoon went 4-for-8 on the power play. Moose Jaw was 1-for-8. The hosts had the edge in shots, 25-22.

BLADE BITS: With three assists, Blades RW Ryan Menei extended his points streak to nine games. He's been held off the scoresheet only once in his last 18 starts . . . Saskatoon's scratches were D Teigan Zahn (broken jaw), RW Rastislav Konecny (broken jaw), D Ryan Funk (inflamed pubic bone) and RW Blair Macaulay (healthy) . . . Following tonight's game in Medicine Hat, the Blades have home games Friday (Red Deer) and Saturday (Lethbridge). Saturday's pre-game ceremony will honour Daryl Lubiniecki, who served 17 years as the Blades coach and/or general manager.

cwolfe@sp.canwest.com

© The StarPhoenix (Saskatoon) 2007

ProStaff
01-31-2007, 08:42 AM

side note good to see hulak doing well Dannoabram, why don't you worry about your own players dirty hits, how many times has Gauthier hit players from behind? ya lots! and has been suspended for it, how many times has Gillies been suspended? NONE! enough said!

wango tango
01-31-2007, 09:49 AM
don't mind dannoabram pro staff he tends to be a one trick pony on this and other boards where it comes to gillies.

in the overall picture of the season, it was a big win last night. if the blades can take advantage of their games in hand, it will set them up to make a run at a playoff spot.

the pats look to be getting their collective (explitive) together, look for them to finish second or possibly first. really it's a toss up between the broncos, raiders, blades, and warriors for the final two spots. the schedule doesn't favour the blades, so they will have to keep putting their best efforts out.

Dwight Schrute
01-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Dannoabram, why don't you worry about your own players dirty hits, how many times has Gauthier hit players from behind? ya lots! and has been suspended for it, how many times has Gillies been suspended? NONE! enough said!
after posting how many times that he doesnt play or hit dirty, i found it funny to see that tidball posted that. gauthier was suspended 1x for a 3rd game misc (not because of the severity of the hit), not to say he hasnt thrown a couple bad ones. and as far as me being a 1 trick pony... well i dont think gillies is as good as all this hype. and furthermore i explained in another thread why i dont want my canucks to draft him. i just found it amusing to see someone eat a little crow.
now back to the topic and onto more interesting things........

howley
01-31-2007, 01:33 PM
not to start anything but Gauthier has been suspended twice. Both for suspect hits.

01/08/07 Mike Gauthier Prince Albert One game for C.F.B Major and G.M at Saskatoon on January 6.
09/16/06 Mike Gauthier Prince Albert One game for Boarding Major and G.M vs Saskatoon on Sept. 15

Tidball
01-31-2007, 03:20 PM

Whats your point? Gillies rarely hits dirty, THATS why i made a point on it. And the reffing was good. Did you even see that game? No you did not.

wango tango
01-31-2007, 03:22 PM
Its not a toss up for the final two spots, there is a little bit of a head start for regina , the broncos, and the raiders. If the blades win the 3 games in hand its more of a toss up,but its a tough test tonight with the tigers. and moose jaw isnt out of it but they are even farther back then anyone without the games in hand. its hard to gain 9 points when there is only 22 games left to play

fair enough. i'd definately rather be in the broncos or raiders spot, struggling but at least in a playoff position, then on the outside looking in no matter how you're playing.

another huge effort needed tonight to beat the tigers in m.h. maybe they'll take the blades lightly and saskatoon can squeak one out.

Tidball
01-31-2007, 03:26 PM

You should worry about your own team blowing 3-1 leads. Suprise, suprise we see another Raider thorwing dirty hits, but this time its a rookie doing them. Maybe Gauthier has taugh malone a thing or 2 about checking from behind. What Gauthier forgot to do is mention that Bender will kick your ***** if you throw dirty hits against the Blazers. How the face feeling malone?

agent
01-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Whats your point? Gillies rarely hits dirty, THATS why i made a point on it. And the reffing was good. Did you even see that game? No you did not.

So I pulled out some penalties that weren't just the average hooking or tripping and this is what I found.
Oct 3rd Crosschecking
Oct 24th Crosschecking
Dec 1st Roughing
Dec 2nd Boarding
Dec 9th Checking from Behind
Checking from behind
Checking from behind
Dec 13th Roughing
Dec 29th Roughing
Jan 5th Slashing
Jan 6th Roughing
Jan 12th Check from behind
Jan 24th Fighting
Jan 30th Boarding

Appears to be getting progressively worse.

I predict someone is going to clean his clock soon and embarass him . :turkey:

howley
01-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Looking at the penalties you posted...
He has 2 checking from behind calls and 2 boarding calls. His fight was a hugging match and the rest of them are common calls. You can't say a guy is getting worse with two checking from behind calls and 2 boarding calls. The kid skates fast and hits hard. He get's called for it sometimes.

agent
01-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Looking at the penalties you posted...
He has 2 checking from behind calls and 2 boarding calls. His fight was a hugging match and the rest of them are common calls. You can't say a guy is getting worse with two checking from behind calls and 2 boarding calls. The kid skates fast and hits hard. He get's called for it sometimes.

Well . to start there are 4 Check from behind calls and the penalty I saw in Moose Jaw was also a check from behind he layed on Gillen ,and thats why it almost started a line brawl. The ref was mighty kind in calling it a boarding.

It was the best game I've seen him play but he always seems to come in late on his hits. He skates fast but appears to be proving he can't keep up with the speed of the game mentally. :skeptical I hope it comes along for him.

Dwight Schrute
01-31-2007, 05:13 PM
You should worry about your own team blowing 3-1 leads. Suprise, suprise we see another Raider thorwing dirty hits, but this time its a rookie doing them. Maybe Gauthier has taugh malone a thing or 2 about checking from behind. What Gauthier forgot to do is mention that Bender will kick your ***** if you throw dirty hits against the Blazers. How the face feeling malone?
:thumb: a little testy are we ? ease up man. were you at that game ? no you werent. and did gauthier fight bender ??? umm no did you see malones hit ? no neither did i. why bring it up ? are you gillies girlfriend or something ? relax

Tidball
01-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Raider fans tell me his gloves are sewn on, but yet he drops them with another pretty tough custumer

Gillies fight card,

Age 16 - He fought Byers (19) Bender (19)
Age 17 - He fought Lenoski (20)

Gillies has yet to fight someone less then 3 years older then him.

And i was watching a game on "tigers TV" which had a couple fights from the much talked about PA tough guy, Gauthier.
Fight 1 - Gauthier rips off Schlemkos(0 fighting majors prior to this fight) helmet, then starts punching him while shlemko still has his gloves on!!! Pretty tough Gauthier...

Fight 2 - Bendfeld, who actually has faught before challenges Gauthier and gives him a decent beating. He pelts Gauthier with a straight jab that downs him to a knee then the refs step in?
I cant believe you guys are proud of that. Gauthier beat Klotz in Kotz first fight. Lol now is a different stroy, if Bendfeld can beat gauthier, Klotz can.

PS Im a guy and no i'm not Gillies girlfriend. Pretty intelligent question though, i expect no less from Raider fans.

Tidball
01-31-2007, 06:43 PM
and did gauthier fight bender ?

No... I never said he did. Why would you ask something like that.

Dwight Schrute
02-01-2007, 01:02 PM
No... I never said he did. Why would you ask something like that.
you posted:
What Gauthier forgot to do is mention that Bender will kick your ***** if you throw dirty hits against the Blazers

Dwight Schrute
02-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Raider fans tell me his gloves are sewn on, but yet he drops them with another pretty tough custumer

Gillies fight card,

Age 16 - He fought Byers (19) Bender (19)
Age 17 - He fought Lenoski (20)

Gillies has yet to fight someone less then 3 years older then him.

PS Im a guy and no i'm not Gillies girlfriend. Pretty intelligent question though, i expect no less from Raider fans.
well for starters bender is 19 this year, 2nd his byers fight was a line brawl started by kudhobin, where byers jumped into the fray and started swinging at the first guy he could, and gillies didnt even get a chance to throw a punch if his gloves even came off.
and #3 did you see the lenoski scrap ? howley seems to have a differant opinion, says no thrown punches all it was was a hugging match, and the decision to rutherford cause he threw a punch during it.
and 4 ease up, but hey your right really impressive fight card, id like to know a recap on the bender scrap :laugh:

Tidball
02-06-2007, 12:24 PM
well for starters bender is 19 this year, 2nd his byers fight was a line brawl started by kudhobin, where byers jumped into the fray and started swinging at the first guy he could, and gillies didnt even get a chance to throw a punch if his gloves even came off.
and #3 did you see the lenoski scrap ? howley seems to have a differant opinion, says no thrown punches all it was was a hugging match, and the decision to rutherford cause he threw a punch during it.
and 4 ease up, but hey your right really impressive fight card, id like to know a recap on the bender scrap :laugh:

Lol, yeah it was started by Khudobin after Chipchura punched him. Whatever Bender was still over 2 years older then Gillies when they fought. And it doesnt matter what happened in the Lenoski fight, fact is Lenoski bee-lined for Gillies and didnt get a shot in, props to Gillies his gloves are not sewn on, thats all im trying to say. At least he doesnt go after people like Hellyer. Gauthier will fight 15 year olds.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-06-2007, 04:59 PM
It is not surprising at all that Dannobram will find anything to complain about Gillies and the same goes on other the other message boards as well.

Ok the fact is that PA is ahead of the Blades,so one would think that the PA fans would give it a rest(about Gillies) but I guess they are mad/jealous that he will be a 1st or 2nd rounder in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. Or because some people think that just because Gillies has had some suspect penalties/hits that he will not be a good player in the NHL someday,but they can say/think whatever they want because I am sure that Gillies will prove the nay sayers wrong.

Moose Jaw really will not give up(that is expected) I hope they do not pass the Blades in the standing though.