PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye 2nd place

ointhecreek
01-31-2007, 10:09 PM
Hello #4. Are we there to stay? Game started out good but 3 goals in 6 shots? Moir was screened on 1 or 2 goals. Why don't the Broncos park someone in front of the goaltenders like just about every other team? I don't understand. Rakos doesn't seem to like to shot, park his big frame in front and screen. It figures, as soon as I leave there is a line brawl. Serves me right I guess. :burningma

Flathead
01-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Rakos also hasn't done anything on the point during the pp all season, usually when something isn't working a coach changes it, not ours though?

crackerjack57
01-31-2007, 11:11 PM
Hello #4. Are we there to stay? Game started out good but 3 goals in 6 shots? Moir was screened on 1 or 2 goals. Why don't the Broncos park someone in front of the goaltenders like just about every other team? I don't understand. Rakos doesn't seem to like to shot, park his big frame in front and screen. It figures, as soon as I leave there is a line brawl. Serves me right I guess. :burningma

And what a line brawl you missed. I think everyone in the crowd wanted to jump in on the action.

ointhecreek
01-31-2007, 11:18 PM
And what a line brawl you missed. I think everyone in the crowd wanted to jump in on the action.
Yeh, p*ssed me off. I was 5 blocks away and almost went back but figured it would be over by the time I got there. :mad:

double big gulp
01-31-2007, 11:19 PM
And what a line brawl you missed. I think everyone in the crowd wanted to jump in on the action

That was the most into a game I have seen in years. To bad it had to come to that for the fans to get into the game.

Flathead
01-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Lamareux grabbed Nelson by the name tag on the back of his jersey and threw him to the ice on his back, kinda Bertuzzi like, Nelson never saw it coming at all. That's what started everything and it was either that or when Lamoreux kicked LaRochelle in the head that the intent to injure penalty came about. The reason LaRochelle was around is because he came to the aid of Nelson. Once they got into the penalty box Rumsey, Schenderling and the linesman had to hold back LaRochelle from going over the time keepers to get at Lamoreux. I'm not sure who started throwing things first, it could have been LaRochelle(he was furious), but a water bottle was chucked backed and forth in the box then a helmet. Both players will be looking at some suspensions with Lamareux probally getting more for the attack on Nelson.

Big Ern
02-01-2007, 12:23 AM
wow, I wish I could have seen that,thanks

There is a big jug of water there to fill the bottles, which LaRochelle grabbed and was going to throw....it was hilarious!!!

Bran
02-01-2007, 02:49 AM
Haha sounds like it was pretty crazy! Stuff like that rarely happens...maybe that'll get the Broncos fired up again?

Toswammi
02-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Haha sounds like it was pretty crazy! Stuff like that rarely happens...maybe that'll get the Broncos fired up again?
Dont be suprised if we come out Friday night and play good hockey

crackerjack57
02-01-2007, 10:58 AM

IF we play ANY good hockey this year with the same players and coach, I'll be blown out of the freaken water.

Bran
02-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Well, I seem to recall everyone saying that after losing to the Pats on Wednesday. But, to be fair, at least they showed some emotion in those last few minutes against RD. If I were a Bronco fan the thing I would be most concerned about isn't even losing...it's the way they're losing. Looking at the stats from the last few games, one would be inclined to think that they've given up or don't care. And, as much as some don't want to hear it, that usually goes from the top down. It's a coaches job to motivate his team. It's easy to say 'well, the defence isn't doing it's job' or 'the goaltenders aren't pulling their weight', but it's up to the coaches to figure out why and fix it. Of course, there's only so much a coach can do. I'm not suggesting that they fire the coach, but someone needs to figure out why these kids aren't motivated and deal with it.

Toswammi
02-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Well i didnt want to say this but i will tell everyone the real truth about the Bronco losing streak. I have heard first hand from a board member that they paid off the entire team to lose games. It sounds crazy i know, but with the rink expansion they want it be done on time and the best way is to not make the playoffs. If we did indeed make the playoffs then, well, we could start next season off with a good chunk of road games, which the board obviously dosesnt want.
So there is the real reason why we are losing games now

Big Ern
02-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Well i didnt want to say this but i will tell everyone the real truth about the Bronco losing streak. I have heard first hand from a board member that they paid off the entire team to lose games. It sounds crazy i know, but with the rink expansion they want it be done on time and the best way is to not make the playoffs. If we did indeed make the playoffs then, well, we could start next season off with a good chunk of road games, which the board obviously dosesnt want.

You MUST be crazy......

crackerjack57
02-01-2007, 02:49 PM

ya thats retarded

ointhecreek
02-01-2007, 03:14 PM
LOL!! To funny! I can't believe you got anyone to bite on that! :laugh:

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
02-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Toswammi, you're my hero! That was awesome :laugh:

patsdude114
02-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Thats the biggest bunch of BS i have heard in a very long time.....How long do you think he had to think of that 1 lol????

1st off would it really matter if the broncos started off nexted season on the road for abit, in the end you still play 36 ROAD GAMES and 36 HOME GAMES doesnt matter how u space them out you still get those games lol

If you lived in a bigger center with a bigger rink you'd get pushed out of your rink for weeks at a time anyways.....take the Pats last season at the end of the season our final 12 games were on the road due to the brier being at the Brandt Centre.

I just cant believe what i read in your post that they were paid to loose games HAHAHAHA

Toswammi
02-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Toswammi, you're my hero! That was awesome :laugh:
Thanks that warms me up on these cold days. I am the Quarter Pounders Hero!