PDA

View Full Version : Is Coaching The Problem?

Silver Surfer
01-31-2007, 10:28 PM
This is the third straight year that we'll be battling for a play-off spot.
Last year we just made it in and this year again with 19 games left we need to get well above 500 to stand a chance. Maybe Dean needs to sit out a week and go look at our draft picks and let Dave run the team. Dave had a great record in Kindersley, its time for the Broncos to give him a chance he can't do anything worst then what you see on the ice right now.
Don.t get me wrong Dean is a excellent G.M he's found alot of talent for this team this year and years to come but his coaching ability is suspect.

double big gulp
01-31-2007, 10:53 PM
On the post game show, Deano was very disappointed in the play of several players. He mentioned Rakos name several times. These are big boys sit them in the stands for a game or two. RJ showed some fire in his blood tonight but, his play definetly is declinning. Maybe they should both sit in the stands with Big Ern in section E and watch from his prospective and the rest of ours.

Flathead
01-31-2007, 11:06 PM
On the post game show, Deano was very disappointed in the play of several players. He mentioned Rakos name several times. These are big boys sit them in the stands for a game or two. RJ showed some fire in his blood tonight but, his play definetly is declinning. Maybe they should both sit in the stands with Big Ern in section E and watch from his prospective and the rest of ours.
I disagree, I think RJ's play has improve a lot from the begining of the season. you would have fire in your blood as well if you got kicked in the face and needed stiches.

crackerjack57
01-31-2007, 11:09 PM
I disagree, I think RJ's play has improve a lot from the begining of the season. you would have fire in your blood as well if you got kicked in the face and needed stiches.

for gosh sakes, I have fire in MY blood after that cheap shot.

Silver Surfer
01-31-2007, 11:22 PM
But why is it when the game is out of reach that they start to get all fired up they should of did it when it was two nothing not six nothing.

Flathead
01-31-2007, 11:49 PM
But why is it when the game is out of reach that they start to get all fired up they should of did it when it was two nothing not six nothing.
Rumsey and RJ fought in the first, but I do know what your saying. We did play a very good first period, but just got more and more frustrated as the game went on.

Offsider
02-01-2007, 07:14 AM
BYE BYE Dean and sorry as much as people want to believe Dean has found the talent and would make a great GM , It’s scouting that has found the talent Look at his record !!! 90% people on my side of the rink are saying the same thing. How many people did you see leave the rink in the 2nd period last night ???, As long as I have been a season ticket holder I have never seen that before Now you can blast me for my opinion

Toswammi
02-01-2007, 08:43 AM
BYE BYE Dean and sorry as much as people want to believe Dean has found the talent and would make a great GM , It’s scouting that has found the talent Look at his record !!! 90% people on my side of the rink are saying the same thing. How many people did you see leave the rink in the 2nd period last night ???, As long as I have been a season ticket holder I have never seen that before Now you can blast me for my opinion
Oh no you have done. Dont you know you are not aloud to post negative comments about Dean here. You are so going to get hate mail from posters and a few certain media types for sure.lol

Big Ern
02-01-2007, 10:57 AM

Do me a favor....stop it....PLEASE???!!?? We have had about 400 or more threads on this topic of late.
It's been like this in Swifty forever. If we lose two or three, it's the coach. AUTOMATIC!! If we win four, it's all "Oh if we don't keep him in there, WE'RE CRAZY!!" So give me a break. Remain stable, mantain your position, but keep calm. This team WILL succeed. It aint' always coaching that's the problem.

ointhecreek
02-01-2007, 11:01 AM
No hate mail from me but I'd like to point out something. I believe a big part of our problem comes from not being able to clear our own zone. To me, and just my opinion, that is the defense. Could be because we have young guys back there that will get better. RJ seems to have a lot of trouble when pressured. Now last night on the pregame show Hunchak said he is responsible for the back end. Should we clean house again? I don't think so, we can't have a revolving door here. It doesn't work. You can only blame the coaches for so much and then you have to look at the players. Do they play with their hearts? Do they play with pride? Someone has to take the leadership role here and start kickin butt. Call some guys on their play as of late. Hunchak and Chynoweth keep saying there are guys that don't seem to want to play within the system. Like double big gulp says sit them in the stands then and let them think about things. Something needs to be done soon, I'm just glad I don't have to figure it out, lol. As for the people that left early, well they missed a good ruckas late in the game. At least I waited till there was 6 minutes left in the 3rd, but still missed it. :burningma

ointhecreek
02-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Do me a favor....stop it....PLEASE???!!?? We have had about 400 or more threads on this topic of late.
It's been like this in Swifty forever. If we lose two or three, it's the coach. AUTOMATIC!! If we win four, it's all "Oh if we don't keep him in there, WE'RE CRAZY!!" So give me a break. Remain stable, mantain your position, but keep calm. This team WILL succeed. It aint' always coaching that's the problem.
I hate to tell you this ern but this is a discussion board for people to discuss Bronco hockey. People have their opinions and like them or not they have every right to post them within the rules. You wouldn't like it if someone told you to stop posting such optimism and rah rah posts all the time. I'm not saying that so nobody jump on me.

crackerjack57
02-01-2007, 11:14 AM

Big Ern, your too young. We've had coaches for years. We've made the playoffs for years. We've had Dean for three years. We've barley made the playoffs once. Do you see a pattern? I hope to goodness the board of directors have the guts to do somthing. At least refund my season ticket. dancing pi

ointhecreek
02-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Big Ern, your too young. We've had coaches for years. We've made the playoffs for years. We've had Dean for three years. We've barley made the playoffs once. Do you see a pattern? I hope to goodness the board of directors have the guts to do somthing. At least refund my season ticket. dancing pi
The thing is the previous staff (McEwen) ran everything in the ground and Dean has had to start from scratch again. It takes time and we are imo starting to see that now. It will be better next year and in the future with the prospects that DEAN has picked. What I can't figure out is why Moberg is still here. I guess for his doom and gloom announcements.

Flathead
02-01-2007, 12:56 PM
The thing is the previous staff (McEwen) ran everything in the ground and Dean has had to start from scratch again. It takes time and we are imo starting to see that now. It will be better next year and in the future with the prospects that DEAN has picked. What I can't figure out is why Moberg is still here. I guess for his doom and gloom announcements.
IMO, I haven't seen improvement, if anything we've gone backwards from the start of the season and haven't improved at all. A few people keep saying that it takes time, I guess the question is, when's the time up? Honestly ask yourselves if we have improved? A few individuals have improved, but as a team, IMO, I don't think so.

Number_4
02-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I looked back at the pre-season rankings and found that the Bronco's were only supposed to be around a 3rd or 4th place team in the east. The writers poll had them ranked 4th, after the Pats, wheatkings and the Warriors. Now I know that a lot has changed since the preseason, and those rankings are a crapshoot at best, but perhaps the Bronco's were just overachieving a bit, and with the way other teams in the east were underachieving (to put it mildly), they were able to stay in 2nd for a good long time. Looking back at the begining of the season, I can remember how surprised everyone was at the Bronco's success.

IMO, I would be less concerned about the team loosing a few spots in the standings (as yet another anti-coaching thread states), and be more concerned that the team is not just loosing a few close games, and instead is getting blown out pretty consistently. Remind me someone, what did the bronco's GM do during the trade deadline? Did he trade away all your experienced D-men, or just ignore the defense altogether? Moir is a good goaltender, so its not just him. It doesnt matter how good a coach is, a young defense can get rattled pretty quickly and mistakes snowball.

On the postitive side, look how good the Pats have done with their defense. Patience does pay off, eventually.

ointhecreek
02-01-2007, 01:41 PM
IMO, I haven't seen improvement, if anything we've gone backwards from the start of the season and haven't improved at all. A few people keep saying that it takes time, I guess the question is, when's the time up? Honestly ask yourselves if we have improved? A few individuals have improved, but as a team, IMO, I don't think so.
From last year? Yes, I think we have improved. Have won more games already then we did all last year. The younger guys have improved with more playing time. They are in a funk now it's time for the vets to take control and lead them out of it.

Big Ern
02-01-2007, 02:43 PM

Dude, c'mon! I've followed this club on the radio every single game at least eight or nine years. I probably knew more about them than 3/4 of the people that attended the games. I bet you....AND I'M SERIOUS....I've not missed five games in the last eight years.....on the radio before this year, of course. You can get to know a team pretty darn good, if you know and remember all of what an announcer says, buddy. And I did. From listening to Kenward or Keen, I pretty much knew every move the team made. Not ****tin' you here....I'm serious dude.

crackerjack57
02-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Dude, c'mon! I've followed this club on the radio every single game at least eight or nine years. I probably knew more about them than 3/4 of the people that attended the games. I bet you....AND I'M SERIOUS....I've not missed five games in the last eight years.....on the radio before this year, of course. You can get to know a team pretty darn good, if you know and remember all of what an announcer says, buddy. And I did. From listening to Kenward or Keen, I pretty much knew every move the team made. Not ****tin' you here....I'm serious dude.

Sorry "dude," maybe you know how many goals Levi has scored or how many assists R.J. has but name dropping Joe Kenward and Jon Keen means nothing to a guy who grew up listening to Jon Enns, Eldon Molberg (boo), and Regan Bartel. I've LIVED the ups and downs. You wern't even born when they actualy won the mem cup. Don't hunt what you can't kill young man ! nhl

ointhecreek
02-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Sorry "dude," maybe you know how many goals Levi has scored or how many assists R.J. has but name dropping Joe Kenward and Jon Keen means nothing to a guy who grew up listening to Jon Enns, Eldon Molberg (boo), and Regan Bartel. I've LIVED the ups and downs. You wern't even born when they actualy won the mem cup. Don't hunt what you can't kill young man ! nhl
I'm glad you boo'd Moberg. Listening to John Enns call the memorial cup, especially the final goal in ot, was priceless!

ointhecreek
02-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Ok O, you win.
Look again BigErn. Wasn't my post. If you think I'm using 2 names then report it to mods. You will find out I'm not.

mjwfan
02-01-2007, 04:14 PM
FRANK MATOVICH - Priceless Bless his soul . He came up with some good ones.
and he even did Indians baseball - Smashhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..

ointhecreek
02-01-2007, 04:27 PM
FRANK MATOVICH - Priceless Bless his soul . He came up with some good ones.
and he even did Indians baseball - Smashhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..
Good lord! I forgot all about him! Quite a character. I had a few beers with him, quite the character. A lot of stories to tell.

sapps
02-01-2007, 04:38 PM
The players will not play for Dean, simply to put if he is a washed out has been who doesn't deserve to stand behing those kids as there coach. The bronco team is a sinking ship and they need to lighten the load by getting rid of Dean. The balls in there court, sink or swim.

Scout
02-01-2007, 04:40 PM
O in the creek is not crackerjack57.

Scout

Offsider
02-01-2007, 06:04 PM
When you say this team will succeed I think then can have success .I have posted before
That if this team puts in the effort they could be a 1 st place Eastern team .we have seen the talent. But there not on the same page Also Dean said it last night some guys aren’t pulling their weight .The goaltending is cold I blame Dean. After the Christmas break Yonk’s was hot standing on his head correct me if I’m wrong but 50 shot against the
Hitman one game. Dean should have stayed with him and used him till he got cold .the way he played nothing against Moir but a short 3 or 4 game winning streak against the Eastern teams we played our 2nd place standing would have been stronger. There is a good team there
Just showing no buy in and That’s the Coaches job. Missing Bortis is not helping either. The Broncos are a way better team than what we have been seeing but something has to change to make the players believe that because they can’t be having fun either. I do give hats off to Dean for doing the post game show when times are bad shows some class

Big Ern
02-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I do give hats off to Dean for doing the post game show when times are bad shows some class

By God yes, I've said that a lot lately. He does that every time they struggle like this. And you know what? He walks straight through centre ice with his answers, if you know what I mean. No bullcrap, and no round-a-bouts. He even mentions guys separately, like we heard last night. Yes, he's got character, that's for sure.

transplantedbronco
02-01-2007, 07:59 PM
I think I can finally post. Had to take some time to collect my thoughts. Its obvious that we are in a huge hole. After last night with the guys showing some heart and sticking up for one another, I think they can pull through this. Finally we did not let the opposition intemidate us. There were 2 guys who did not see any icetime in the 3rd period. That should happen more. Too many guys were being rewarded for mediocrity and floating. All they do is take away ice time from the guys who bust their a$$ every shift. Hopefully they got the message. Maybe we can carry this toughness through the weekend.

dynamitekid
02-01-2007, 10:36 PM
I am tired of all you Dean lovers saying that its not the coach. That he has assembled all this talent and is a great GM. We should have lots of talent we have had a bunch of high picks in the last four years.
Last night we were soundly defeated by the team that we beat out for the last playoff spot last year. It appears that they have improved what the hell happened to us. Just look from the start of the year, we are beating all the teams in the east and now we can not . Why you ask? They have improved and we have not.
It was so nice to see all those fans exitting after the second period last night.
Wake up and stop dreaming. But I guess love is blind and for some people, they see nothing wrong.
As for Chenowth taking responsibilty for the teams bad play, he damb well better. Better yet why does he not do the manly thing and admitt he is a terrible coach and resign!

3wheeler
02-01-2007, 11:01 PM
This group of players is a good group of kids, too bad that Deanno (the goof ball) was not a good coach.
Most of you posting do not know or are afraid to post some of the inside info on the team.
Like those who wanted a trade to another team and Dean would not do it??
Also during a game how often does good ole Deanno talk to is players? Not very often.
Also looks like he is trying to restrict what Dave says to the guys on the bench.
Got to remember the head coach is in charge, too bad he could not coach.

I hope that the board of directors reads these forums (but probably not) because they would read what the paying public is thinking and talking about.
I am not a Dean fan, never was and never will be.
His contract should be terminated immediately and get us out of this misery.

Big Ern
02-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I think you're all tipping 'em back today.

Flathead
02-02-2007, 12:16 AM
From last year? Yes, I think we have improved. Have won more games already then we did all last year. The younger guys have improved with more playing time. They are in a funk now it's time for the vets to take control and lead them out of it.
I think you misread my post, I said the start of this season, until now we have not improved. I agree that as individuals, the younger guys have improved, but as a team, IMO, we have not.

Last night we were soundly defeated by the team that we beat out for the last playoff spot last year. It appears that they have improved what the hell happened to us. Just look from the start of the year, we are beating all the teams in the east and now we can not . Why you ask? They have improved and we have not.
! I feel the same way. :dead:

crackerjack57
02-02-2007, 08:39 AM
I think you're all tipping 'em back today.

I'm not him. haha, I get pizza at bronco games.

ointhecreek
02-02-2007, 10:40 AM
I get a kick out of guys that come on here and say they know whats going on in the dressing room, heard it from a friend of a cousin of someone's sister. haha
I'd like to know just out of curiosity from those that want Dean fired who they could replace him with? Everybody wants Hunchak to take over, and I'm not saying he isn't a good coach and deserves a shot. BUT he said himself that ha is responsible for the defensive part of the team. As far as I'm concerned that has been a big problem this year. They collapse all the time in our own end. Blame the assistant coach? If we blame Dean for all the things that everybody wants to, you have to share the blame with Dave also. Who else is out there that we could get? If they go backwards and hire someone like McEwen again, I will give up my tickets. They need to go forward and give the young guys time to develop and they are. They are getting better each year and will be even better next year. If the team doesn't win next year, I'll jump on the fire Dean bandwagon, but not this year. I have looked in my crystal ball and seen great things happening in the near future. :groovy:

One more thing,,,,,I GOT PIZZA LAST GAME! :clap:

Big Ern
02-02-2007, 11:17 AM
I get a kick out of guys that come on here and say they know whats going on in the dressing room, heard it from a friend of a cousin of someone's sister. haha
I'd like to know just out of curiosity from those that want Dean fired who they could replace him with? Everybody wants Hunchak to take over, and I'm not saying he isn't a good coach and deserves a shot. BUT he said himself that ha is responsible for the defensive part of the team. As far as I'm concerned that has been a big problem this year. They collapse all the time in our own end. Blame the assistant coach? If we blame Dean for all the things that everybody wants to, you have to share the blame with Dave also. Who else is out there that we could get? If they go backwards and hire someone like McEwen again, I will give up my tickets. They need to go forward and give the young guys time to develop and they are. They are getting better each year and will be even better next year. If the team doesn't win next year, I'll jump on the fire Dean bandwagon, but not this year. I have looked in my crystal ball and seen great things happening in the near future. :groovy:

HA HA HA HA HA Don't I remember you saying something about "having beers" in one of your earlier posts? LOL Hey, have a beer next game though. They're more money, which supports the team more. LOL
And yes, you pretty much said it all about coaching. Secondly, how often in Dean's absence have we heard Dave say, "No, we're not changing anything. They're great systems; our guys have to buy in." I've heard this from Hunchak at least three or four times, including the games he coached against Regina lately. Keen was asking if he would change anything, and he replied, "Jon, that's not the answer. We have great systems, our guys just have to be more consistent."
So there you go. And yes, Dave DOES run the defense.

mjwfan
02-02-2007, 11:53 AM

great post O - The fans just have to settle down as the Broncos are on a big slide and it don't help everyone in the city running down the players -Dean - Dave . Things will come around ..maybe not this year .. You don't have to win the M-Cup every year as much as we would like to . But it is the same old story on here . They win a couple and everything is OK ..they lose a couple and FIRE the Coach . There is enough presure on these guys .. They want to win as much as anyone and want to turn this around . It is going to be tough road ahead as i think they are going to be fighting for there lives for a playoff spot .

ointhecreek
02-02-2007, 12:50 PM
HA HA HA HA HA Don't I remember you saying something about "having beers" in one of your earlier posts? LOL Hey, have a beer next game though. They're more money, which supports the team more. LOL

Yes, I do have a beer now and then. In my culture it's allowed. :p

Big Ern
02-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Yes, I do have a beer now and then. In my culture it's allowed. :p

In my culture too. HAHAHAHAHA!!

proudsince86
02-02-2007, 02:24 PM
The coach is a former first rounder (picked ahead of Joe Sakic) and played in the NHL - has NHL contacts.

The assistant coach is a championship head coach from the SJHL.

These kids range between 16 - 20 and presumably want to make a career out of hockey.

What is making these young, idealistic, and impressionable kids not buy into what the coach is selling? what is wrong? what would make an teenager not want to do whatever they can to impress their coach who should help them get better and get them to the next level?

You could play the same post game interview from every loss and it would sound the same...the guys have to start buying into the system.

Players bought into the first Bronco coaches system...they bought into Mclellands system....they even bought into McEwans system...why won't they buy into this coaches system? What is wrong?

So let's hear it...what is wrong with these kids that they won't buy into their coaches system...(and no cheating by quoting Dane Crowley about the Broncos system)

Other teams have improved since the beginning of the season and we have not. It's that simple. As for the bright future...there better be one with 4 straight years of high picks!

Five Hole
02-02-2007, 02:38 PM
The coach is a former first rounder (picked ahead of Joe Sakic) and played in the NHL - has NHL contacts.

The assistant coach is a championship head coach from the SJHL.

These kids range between 16 - 20 and presumably want to make a career out of hockey.

What is making these young, idealistic, and impressionable kids not buy into what the coach is selling? what is wrong? what would make an teenager not want to do whatever they can to impress their coach who should help them get better and get them to the next level?

You could play the same post game interview from every loss and it would sound the same...the guys have to start buying into the system.

Players bought into the first Bronco coaches system...they bought into Mclellands system....they even bought into McEwans system...why won't they buy into this coaches system? What is wrong?

So let's hear it...what is wrong with these kids that they won't buy into their coaches system...(and no cheating by quoting Dane Crowley about the Broncos system)

Other teams have improved since the beginning of the season and we have not. It's that simple. As for the bright future...there better be one with 4 straight years of high picks!

You're exactly right... every kid at this level, if he has any brains, does what his coaches tell him to (even if the odd one doesnt agree with it). They want to play, and most get it that you don't play if you don't do what the coaches ask, or if you dont produce.
I assume the Bronco system hasn't changed drastically throughout the year... and I assume for the most part it is a good system, and they were having success with it before.... so why wouldn't they be buying it now?? I think, as somebody else stated, perhaps they were overachieving a bit before, and now other teams have just started playing better as a team and are catching them.
I really dont see Swift Current games, I'm just theorizing here.... but with the exception of a couple of games where they flat out weren't competitive, it looks like they're just in a slump like most middle of the pack teams have... I mean do they look tons less motivated than they were before when they were stealing games in the third period?
I think they'll come around... but yeah it's gotta be frustrating for the fans. :confused: (Just glad I'm not one of 'em!) :D

ointhecreek
02-02-2007, 03:00 PM

I don't think McEwen had a system. He just used Mclellands except he only played 2 lines all season and never developed the younger players and the 2 lines were played out by the time playoffs started.

Flathead
02-02-2007, 05:39 PM
I mean do they look tons less motivated than they were before when they were stealing games in the third period?
Yes they do, there's zero emotion 90% of the time, and they just look like they're going through the motions to get the game over with. Ever since the 9-0 win over Regina they just look like they don't care. We haven't seen a 60 minute effort for a very long time. The 60 minute efforts were few and far between all year, but lately they're non existent. Hope something happens and we turn it around soon and start improving as a team

Teddy_B
02-02-2007, 06:47 PM
I would replace him with Hunchak, he is a proven winner and deserves a crack at being a head coach in the dub before some other team gets him.
Yes Dave is in charge of the defense under Dean.
Dave has to follow Dean's philosphy because Dean is the boss and calls ALL the shots even though Dave is in charge of certain areas.
If Dave did his own thing he would be undermining Dean's philosphy. So what do you expect Dave to say to the media, that the system sucks! Only if he wanted to be fired.
Dean is on the last year of his contract right now. You want to wait another year to see if things turn around,by that time Dean will have a brand new contract and if things stay the same do you think Mr. Best Western would fire him then. Not a chance because they would have to pay him out like they did with Smith and McEwen and Glynn.

ointhecreek
02-02-2007, 06:59 PM
I would replace him with Hunchak, he is a proven winner and deserves a crack at being a head coach in the dub before some other team gets him.
Yes Dave is in charge of the defense under Dean.
Dave has to follow Dean's philosphy because Dean is the boss and calls ALL the shots even though Dave is in charge of certain areas.
If Dave did his own thing he would be undermining Dean's philosphy. So what do you expect Dave to say to the media, that the system sucks! Only if he wanted to be fired.
Dean is on the last year of his contract right now. You want to wait another year to see if things turn around,by that time Dean will have a brand new contract and if things stay the same do you think Mr. Best Western would fire him then. Not a chance because they would have to pay him out like they did with Smith and McEwen and Glynn.
Well, there's always a 1 year extension.

Big Ern
02-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Mr. Best Western

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Sorry, but this nickname always strikes me SOOOOOO FUNNY!! LOL LOL LOL

3wheeler
02-02-2007, 11:18 PM
His systems are not working and as quoted in an earlier post yes Dave has to do and say things to support the head coach as much he would like to change he can't.
How many years of the rebuilding excuse are you going to fall for?????
3 years is too long, other teams do it in 1 year.

Some of you just don't get it, do not renew Deans contract. Plain and simple he has to go, and Hunchak if not kept around, he will get picked up by another team and watch what he will do. His player will play for him.

ointhecreek
02-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Same old recycled post. You won't convince me this year no matter how many times you say it.

Flathead
02-03-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm not saying firing Dean is the answer or keeping him is the answer either, but everyone you talk to at the rink or on the street says that he has to go. And judging by the attendence lately I think people are starting to show how they feel by not coming to the games. Does the board have to take that into consideration at all, we can't afford to be losing fans??

transplantedbronco
02-03-2007, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=Flathead]I'm not saying firing Dean is the answer or keeping him is the answer either, but everyone you talk to at the rink or on the street says that he has to go. And judging by the attendence lately I think people are starting to show how they feel by not coming to the games. Does the board have to take that into consideration at all, we can't afford to be losing fans??[/QUOTE

I have heard the exact same thing. Me I personally dont think that firing Dean would be the answer to our prayers. But I do know alot of people who arent going to the games because of him. Some have been following this team for over 20 years. When those people are now stopping going to games I think the board HAS to way that in their decision. Now dont start ripping me for this post. I dont think that way but others do. Myself I do not attend game to watch the freakin COACHES. I attend and support this club for THE PLAYERS and right now they need us. Yeah the coaches may piss me off from time to time but I WILL NOT STOP MY SUPPORT because of it. I will keep the faith and say lets kick some butt in Regina tonight boys.

ointhecreek
02-03-2007, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=Flathead]I'm not saying firing Dean is the answer or keeping him is the answer either, but everyone you talk to at the rink or on the street says that he has to go. And judging by the attendence lately I think people are starting to show how they feel by not coming to the games. Does the board have to take that into consideration at all, we can't afford to be losing fans??[/QUOTE

I have heard the exact same thing. Me I personally dont think that firing Dean would be the answer to our prayers. But I do know alot of people who arent going to the games because of him. Some have been following this team for over 20 years. When those people are now stopping going to games I think the board HAS to way that in their decision. Now dont start ripping me for this post. I dont think that way but others do. Myself I do not attend game to watch the freakin COACHES. I attend and support this club for THE PLAYERS and right now they need us. Yeah the coaches may piss me off from time to time but I WILL NOT STOP MY SUPPORT because of it. I will keep the faith and say lets kick some butt in Regina tonight boys.
Well said, a true fan. :clap: