PDA

View Full Version : Ryley Grantham

skinnyhead
02-01-2007, 10:10 AM
I don't understand why he wasn't play against Saskatoon. They knew that we had no grit or toughness on the ice that night and took some real cheap shots at our players. We need Riley on the ice every game!

mjwfan
02-01-2007, 10:53 AM
I don't understand why he wasn't play against Saskatoon. They knew that we had no grit or toughness on the ice that night and took some real cheap shots at our players. We need Riley on the ice every game!
He had to sit one game , but don't think that was the game to sit him.
These guys have to start hitting . The games we have looked good in are the games we have hit - F-checked - finished our checks .
How bout Joey getting crashed ??? Nice to see Thoring and HENGEN stand back and watch . If you don't stand up for your goalie .. You won't stand up for anyone on the team . No wonder these two can log as many min. as they do . They never hit anyone - They are just out there for a skate . It's when you get in the cornors and battle for 10 sec that is going to take alot of energy .
Look at the ice time these guys get - but nothing new a player Chad brings in is going to get all the playing time they want. You have a player that has been on 4 different teams and now all of a sudden Chad thinks he has a super Star. I was not a big fan of Zets , but give me him any day over Thoring and Hengen .

MooseJaw_Kyle
02-01-2007, 12:08 PM
I agree with you mjwfan.
When a team runs a goalie and nothing happens to them and no one on the other team steps up to the plate,what do you think will happen next time a player on that team goes to the net?
When a team does something about running the goalie the other team tends to back off.I bet you everytime that team backs off from going to the net because if they hit the goalie they know a player on the other team will stick up for their goalie.

patsdude114
02-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Alot of it is also how well the goalie is respected in the dressing room with his peers......look at Regina when the Pats had Slade, he wasnt that respected in the dressing room cuz of his attitude on and off the ice therefore players didnt stand up for him when he did get run.....maybe Joey has lost the respect of the dressing room??

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-01-2007, 08:28 PM
If you are refering to the warriors @ pats game, Magangus was pushed into perricone, he didnt charge into him.

You dont push a guy and then kick the **** out of them. That wouldnt make sense.

mjwfan
02-01-2007, 09:39 PM
If you are refering to the warriors @ pats game, Magangus was pushed into perricone, he didnt charge into him.

You dont push a guy and then kick the **** out of them. That wouldnt make sense.
I'm refering to the Saskatoon -Moose Jaw game - Joey was run by one of the saskatoon players and our two D-man just stood there. I hope these two D-Men read this (thoring -Hengen) You never looked good out there at all.

Tidball
02-05-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm refering to the Saskatoon -Moose Jaw game - Joey was run by one of the saskatoon players and our two D-man just stood there. I hope these two D-Men read this (thoring -Hengen) You never looked good out there at all.

Who ran into Perricone? Was it called or not?
I know people shouldnt sit there and watch that. But if MJ has no toughness, and someone like Cameron, Cloud, Crowley, Cole, Klotz, Menei, run into Perricone, then it might be a good idea not to rush them. 2 of those guys are known fighters, the other few can certainly hold their own. Blades are a young team but they got alot of guys there who will drop the gloves, if MJ(besides Grantham who can really throw em) has no one there to fight, then you guys just have to stand there and take it, it sucks, but its the way it goes. Molleken has always made a point of getting a good heavywieght or good fighter on our team. Schutlz, Cloud, Cole, Haw, Tidball, Klotz, Zasitko, Ward.