PDA

View Full Version : What do these players have in common???

2,5,andagame
02-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Kyle Bortis
Zack Smith
Matt Tassone
Levi Nelson
Brady Leavold
Grant Toulmin
Myles Rumsey
Paul Postma
Derek Claffey
Travis Yonkman
Kyle Moir

Big Ern
02-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Kyle Bortis
Zack Smith
Matt Tassone
Levi Nelson
Brady Leavold
Grant Toulmin
Myles Rumsey
Paul Postma
Derek Claffey
Travis Yonkman
Kyle Moir

They're all great players, is all I can say. As for Moissy and Yonks, we know how they CAN play when on their game. ?????? ????? ??????? I don't really get you....?????? What do YOU think they have in common?

CrazyGeorge
02-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Is this a trick question? Not sure but my first thought was all were drafted in the first round perhaps...outside shot but something.

CrazyGeorge
02-01-2007, 10:36 PM
I take that back because Nelson wasn't even drafted.

Chuckles
02-01-2007, 11:38 PM
How about they all have under 14 letters in the names combined or they all dont' have X's in there names.. i don't know lol.. I'm techinically right.. right./???

Toswammi
02-01-2007, 11:50 PM
What the?

OK they all have first and last names
Play hockey in Swift Current
Have completed multiple grades of school
All are better hockey players than me
All are Canadian
Have vowels in there names
Use black helmets
*Wow they have alot in common*

Oh and we havent traded for them

Willis on the Welfare
02-02-2007, 05:53 AM
Can't help but chip in on this one...

I don't know what they have in common. Lets see who is not on your list and maybe that will help:

Dale Weise
David Steiler
Daniel Rakos
Eric Doyle
Geordie Wudrick
Jeremy Schenderling
Mike Wilson
Phil Gervais
RJ Larochelle
Ryan Molle
Spencer McAvoy

What do your players have in common? How are they different from these players?

Don't know.

Toswammi
02-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Can't help but chip in on this one...

I don't know what they have in common. Lets see who is not on your list and maybe that will help:

Dale Weise
David Steiler
Daniel Rakos
Eric Doyle
Geordie Wudrick
Jeremy Schenderling
Mike Wilson
Phil Gervais
RJ Larochelle
Ryan Molle
Spencer McAvoy

What do your players have in common? How are they different from these players?

Don't know.
Simple Willis, your group likes to use Crest toothpaste in the mourning, where as 2/5 likes Colgate

SectionNDeserter
02-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Kyle Bortis
Zack Smith
Matt Tassone
Levi Nelson
Brady Leavold
Grant Toulmin
Myles Rumsey
Paul Postma
Derek Claffey
Travis Yonkman
Kyle MoirThey eat their chunky soup with a spoon!

Five Hole
02-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Boxer guys vs briefs guys? haha
Betty vs Veronica?
Betty vs Wilma?

The suspense is killing us

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
02-02-2007, 04:12 PM
C'mon, give out the answer. The suspense is killing us!

superfan
02-02-2007, 05:13 PM
they are all boys

Tiger9
02-02-2007, 05:30 PM
They all wish they played somewhere else haha haha

Had to get a shot in!!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-02-2007, 06:07 PM
they are all currently going through a losing streak, as is the rest of the bronco team.

Big Ern
02-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Oh c'mon Pats and Tigers! GIVE US A BREAK!!! LOL

2,5,andagame
02-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Kyle Bortis
Zack Smith
Matt Tassone
Levi Nelson
Brady Leavold
Grant Toulmin
Myles Rumsey
Paul Postma
Derek Claffey
Travis Yonkman
Kyle Moir

These players were all brought in by McEwen. There has been alot of talk about how this team was in shambles before Dean came in and that he brought in all these players. Only Rumsey and Moir played before Dean came in but the nine other players were in the system.

Big Ern
02-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Here's a little quote from Keen's blog. This is where McEwen screwed it all up.

The only team to make hay in the draft that year was the Medicine Hat Tigers. Consider this, they didn't have a pick higher than the 4th round that year! Take a look at this gold:

4th round - David Schlemko
4th round - Gord Baldwin
8th round - Kris Russell - a future WHL defenseman of the year!
9th round - Darren Helm - what a 9th round pick!

Of course hindsight is 20/20. Let's look at some of the players the Broncos passed on:

Codey Burki - 17th overall
Moises Guiterrez - 31st overall
Scott Jackson - 42nd overall
A.J. Thelen - 49th overall
Tyler Plante - 55th overall
David Schlemko - 62nd overall
Gord Baldwin - 68th overall
Steve Dasilva - 71st overall
Brandon Dubinsky - 88th overall
Brendan Mikkelson - 108th overall
Kevin Undershute - 131st overall
Kris Russell - 138th overall
Darren Helm -157th overall
Ryan Russell - 204th overall!
Kyle Deck - 225th overall

So 2006 on-paper might not be the best. But look-out, the future only gets brighter with the strength we have coming up the ranks in the younger age groups. Anyone who attended Broncos rookie camp can attest to that.

So there you go. I think we're in good hands, compared to what we were.

ointhecreek
02-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Kyle Bortis
Zack Smith
Matt Tassone
Levi Nelson
Brady Leavold
Grant Toulmin
Myles Rumsey
Paul Postma
Derek Claffey
Travis Yonkman
Kyle Moir

These players were all brought in by McEwen. There has been alot of talk about how this team was in shambles before Dean came in and that he brought in all these players. Only Rumsey and Moir played before Dean came in but the nine other players were in the system.
Not saying you're wrong, just curious where you got this info.

transplantedbronco
02-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Kyle Bortis
Zack Smith
Matt Tassone
Levi Nelson
Brady Leavold
Grant Toulmin
Myles Rumsey
Paul Postma
Derek Claffey
Travis Yonkman
Kyle Moir

You can REMOVE Tassone, Toulmin, Postma and Claffey. Unless we some how broke the rules and drafted these guys as 13 year old you info is wrong. They are 17 and this is Deans 3rd year here. McEwen was let go before the Bantam draft. So to be his players they would've had to have been drafted at 13 TO BE MCEWEN BOYS. Smith, Tassone and Yonkman were drafted by Dean in his FIRST draft. You gotta do you math. Hey if you want to bash Dean fine but do it with some correct info. So we can actually debate this. Im not saying he is the best coach out there but at the very least look this stuff up man.

2,5,andagame
02-02-2007, 09:25 PM
All the players were bantam draft picks of the Broncos except Nelson and Leovold. McEwen picked at the draft in 04 then was fired shortly after. From the Bronco website if you check player profiles Leovold was listed Aug 03 and Nelson in Jan 04.

(Rd\Yr)
Kyle Bortis-1 '03
Zack Smith-3 '03
Matt Tassone-8 '04
Levi Nelson-Listed Jan. '04
Brady Leavold-Listed Aug. '03
Grant Toulmin-2 '04
Myles Rumsey-2 '01
Paul Postma-1 '04
Derek Claffey-3 '04
Travis Yonkman-5 '03
Kyle Moir-3 '01

ointhecreek
02-02-2007, 09:27 PM
You can REMOVE Tassone, Toulmin, Postma and Claffey. Unless we some how broke the rules and drafted these guys as 13 year old you info is wrong. They are 17 and this is Deans 3rd year here. McEwen was let go before the Bantam draft. So to be his players they would've had to have been drafted at 13 TO BE MCEWEN BOYS. Smith, Tassone and Yonkman were drafted by Dean in his FIRST draft. You gotta do you math. Hey if you want to bash Dean fine but do it with some correct info. So we can actually debate this. Im not saying he is the best coach out there but at the very least look this stuff up man.
I was wondering about that, but didn't know for sure. Something just didn't seem right and I didn't think McEwen was that smart. I don't think he ever went to check out the draft picks, just left it up to scouts. Dean goes out and checks and talks to draft picks.

2,5,andagame
02-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Had to go back to the old Bronco board as this one doesn't go back that far http://www.network54.com/Forum/236652/message/1083611544/brad+%26amp%3B+randy+both+gone.. is a post stating McEwen and Smith were fired on May 3rd 2004 and http://www.network54.com/Forum/236652/message/1087355306/New+head+coach states that Dean was hired June 15th 2004. Checking the WHL website the file for the 2004 bantam draft was created on April 29 2004.

transplantedbronco
02-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Had to go back to the old Bronco board as this one doesn't go back that far http://www.network54.com/Forum/236652/message/1083611544/brad+%26amp%3B+randy+both+gone.. is a post stating McEwen and Smith were fired on May 3rd 2004 and http://www.network54.com/Forum/236652/message/1087355306/New+head+coach states that Dean was hired June 15th 2004. Checking the WHL website the file for the 2004 bantam draft was created on April 29 2004.

I stand corrected. Sorry about that, McEwan still a piece of crap though. He not only destroyed our club he destroyed young mens dreams. Had every young guy sit on the bench for 2 years and then wonder why they werent producing as 18 or 19 year olds.

ointhecreek
02-02-2007, 11:30 PM
I stand corrected. Sorry about that, McEwan still a piece of crap though. He not only destroyed our club he destroyed young mens dreams. Had every young guy sit on the bench for 2 years and then wonder why they werent producing as 18 or 19 year olds.
Bingo!!!we have a winner!

06-18-2007, 04:38 PM
All the players were bantam draft picks of the Broncos except Nelson and Leovold. McEwen picked at the draft in 04 then was fired shortly after. From the Bronco website if you check player profiles Leovold was listed Aug 03 and Nelson in Jan 04.

(Rd\Yr)
Kyle Bortis-1 '03
Zack Smith-3 '03
Matt Tassone-8 '04
Levi Nelson-Listed Jan. '04
Brady Leavold-Listed Aug. '03
Grant Toulmin-2 '04
Myles Rumsey-2 '01
Paul Postma-1 '04
Derek Claffey-3 '04
Travis Yonkman-5 '03
Kyle Moir-3 '01

tassone would have been 15 when he was drafted...and no matter who drafter who....neither him or yonkman are really consistent or of any substancial value

Big Ern
06-18-2007, 08:23 PM
To say this is abseloutely ridiculous IMO.

When Yonkman gets a steady job in goal, I think his middle name will be CONSISTENT!!!! Come on!

And with Tassone, he showed spark last year. He has a fire under him most of the time, and he is a powerful guy. Patience is the name of the game. He will be awesome.

06-19-2007, 01:07 PM
To say this is abseloutely ridiculous IMO.

When Yonkman gets a steady job in goal, I think his middle name will be CONSISTENT!!!! Come on!

And with Tassone, he showed spark last year. He has a fire under him most of the time, and he is a powerful guy. Patience is the name of the game. He will be awesome.

to be awesome he's going to need alot of work. i think hes an awful player. a 1 dimensional and selfish. 8pts and a -3 rating in 36 games doesnt say "awesome" or the potential to be awesome to me. if you look at other rookies that arent stars in the league...he's nothing special. if you look at one of his former AAA team mates Kalinski who plays for the hitmen, played 47 games (just cause he didnt get played...not due to injury) and had 10pts and +7 rating....meaning when he was on the ice he was doing his job. can't say that for tassone

Teddy_B
06-19-2007, 01:31 PM
to be awesome he's going to need alot of work. i think hes an awful player. a 1 dimensional and selfish. 8pts and a -3 rating in 36 games doesnt say "awesome" or the potential to be awesome to me. if you look at other rookies that arent stars in the league...he's nothing special. if you look at one of his former AAA team mates Kalinski who plays for the hitmen, played 47 games (just cause he didnt get played...not due to injury) and had 10pts and +7 rating....meaning when he was on the ice he was doing his job. can't say that for tassone

While it remains to be seen how good Tassone can be, I don't think last year's small sample size is a very good judge of how good a player he could be. And as far as your comparison goes, Kalinski played for a team that had 46 more goals for than goals against, while Tassone played for a team with 42 less goals for than goals against. So, it really comes down to Kalinski having 2 more points in 13 more games, I don't think you can decide that Kalinski is doing his job and Tassone isn't off of that info.

d-man
06-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Come on the Broncos only had 2 guys with a positive +/- last season. Schendo at +1 and Dowling at +3. Tassone at -3 wasn't bad on this club but you can't judge anyone's personal ability on this teams +/-. Will he be assume? Not this season. He's going to have to work on gaining a lot of strength in his knee and will take quite a while to build his confidence.
The question is does this club have the patience to wait on him as a returning 18yo or reassign him to the AJHL?

06-24-2007, 01:56 PM
no i think he will be back. and of course you can look at a teams +/- rating. because they are based off of individual +/- ratings. look at everette, van, med hat...all their players including rooks have exceptional +/- ratings. and you have to think that the +/- ratings are not based on JUST how many points you get per game. its all about doing your job while your on the ice. a plus rating means your doin more then just your job. a minus rating means your not meeting the standards u should be. kalinski is smaller, by alot. i dont knwo, just my personal oppinon. he is not a favorite of mine thats for sure