PDA

View Full Version : Repik Suspension Handed Down

langdak
02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Michal gets 2 games for the check from behind vs Portland

http://whl.ca/hm/suspensions.php?id=3425

Date Player/Coach Team Description
02/02/07 Michal Repik Vancouver Two games for C.F.B Major and G.M. vs Portland on January 31

dondo
02-02-2007, 12:56 PM
considering he rode him in from the side and then the player fell awkwardly into the boards, I don't agree with this at all, but I'm not surprised. These automatic suspensions for a five-minute major are getting a bit tiring to me, I don't think the league even watches the tape anymore they just rubber-stamp a two game suspension on every game misconduct which stemmed from a five major penalty.

Its too bad we won't see Repik versus the Rockets, but I loved his effort and the fact that he was actively shooting on Wednesday. Its bodes well for the future.

Look to see Repik come out flying versus the Cougars in PG on Wednesday though.

Beaner
02-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Dondo, I'm not sure what you saw, but it was pretty clear to me that he gave him a shot right square in the numbers, and shoved him into the boards.

From my angle, and watching the replay, it was easily a 5 min major, and worthy of a 2 game suspension.

As to the league automatically handing out a minimum suspension for any 5 min major, well I'm all for it. I don't like seeing any of those knee on knee hits and cheap shots that warrant a 5 min penalty, whatever the league has to do to stop getting players from playing that way is fine with me.

If anything the league is too easy on these cheap shots, the suspensions need to be longer, so it really makes players think.

The league needs to still review all those calls, just in case the ref screws up the call.

And I would also like to see players start getting suspended once they take their 3rd dive of the year, and any dive call to come with a 10 min misconduct.

scamperdog
02-02-2007, 06:35 PM
The league needs to still review all those calls, just in case the ref screws up the call.

And I would also like to see players start getting suspended once they take their 3rd dive of the year, and any dive call to come with a 10 min misconduct.
Hmm... diving the Giants and being suspended, man you guys would be screwed big time, might want to rethink that one :laugh: Boogaard'd

old_time_hockey
02-03-2007, 02:40 AM
Hmm... diving the Giants and being suspended, man you guys would be screwed big time, might want to rethink that one :laugh: Boogaard'd

See this....I'm holding up and internet mirror. Perhaps the Blazers should take a long hard look into it in regards to your comment.

Kassian
02-03-2007, 03:34 AM

That comment is just ridiculous....

Swando
02-03-2007, 02:50 PM
That comment is just ridiculous....

I totally agree that it is a stupid comment..stick to your own site if you can't make a decent reply. The comments were not directed at the Blazers or anyone in particular but seeing as you felt guilty I guess the Blazers must do some diving.

dondo
02-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Dondo, I'm not sure what you saw, but it was pretty clear to me that he gave him a shot right square in the numbers, and shoved him into the boards.

Actually - its a he said, he said kind of thing, but what I saw was Repik on the guy's shoulder riding him towards the boards. Montgomery either turns or catches an edge and he falls sideways to the boards from about two feet out. I did not see see Repik wind up and give him a last minute shot and watching the replay I feel that that was confirmed. Repik did not skate up and give the guy a shot as he was stick to shoulder before Montgomery actually fell into the boards and it was not (from my point of view) on the numbers as Montgomery fell sideways into the boards, not head-first.

The announcement of the game suspension also did not come 'til about 5 mins after the fact -- feels like a gratuitous add-on to me. Or is a five minute major an automatic game misconduct and the scorekeepers just missed that one?

Beaner
02-03-2007, 03:38 PM
(b) For the third major penalty in the same game to the same player, or for a major for butt-ending, checking from behind, clipping, cross-checking, hooking, slashing or spearing, he shall be ruled off the ice for the balance of the game, but a substitute shall be permitted to replace the player so suspended after five (5) minutes have elapsed. (Major penalty plus game misconduct with automatic fine of two hundred dollars ($200).)

So yes, its an automatic game misconduct for CFB Major.

dondo
02-03-2007, 03:53 PM
hmmm.. how do you get to the third major in a game? -- i suppose all that's left is the fighting major .. cause the other ones mentioned pretty much run the gamut..

thanks for that Beaner.

N.W. Bruin
02-09-2007, 12:33 AM
hmmm.. how do you get to the third major in a game? -- i suppose all that's left is the fighting major .. cause the other ones mentioned pretty much run the gamut..

thanks for that Beaner.

I have seen that happen a few times though not recently. Haha There is the automatic game for multiple fights happening at the same time when players were tossed for being the second, third and so on fights to break out at the same time as the first fight is going on.

Kassian
02-10-2007, 05:06 AM
I have seen that happen a few times though not recently. Haha There is the automatic game for multiple fights happening at the same time when players were tossed for being the second, third and so on fights to break out at the same time as the first fight is going on.

That's usually a rule in the preseason to eliminate multiple fight situations. Getting a game misconduct for fighting after an inital fight isn't a problem unless of course it's a players third game misconduct of the season. Then that's where an automatic suspension comes into play.