PDA

View Full Version : Big ERN's Take...

Big Ern
02-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Too bad the result was what it was tonight in Brandon. The guys overall, played an average game, certainly better than the last four games combined.
The Broncos took an extra day on the road to gel as a team, which was very noticeable tonight. They came out abseloutely on fire in the first period, and as a result, went up 2-0. One thing is for certain, the defense NEEDS TO SOLIDIFY!! I'm not going to mention names, but MY GOD!!!...did one veteran defensemen EVER make two or three big mistakes tonight!! That doesn't work! To score four goals for the Broncos, or have a two-goal lead twice in a game, is amazing. They HAVE to win those games. And right now, we're losing because of defense, and goaltending, although no goalie can really stop a quick turnover chance against a team like Brandon, who has Simek, Burki, Derlago, and the likes of those guys. So defensemen, step it up! And I'm sure the guys CAN and WILL figure this out. The PP has been unbelievable lately. Credit Eric Doyle, who has really bought in, and scored another PP marker tonight. There was a drop-off in the second period, but the Broncos' offense would not give up, keeping up with Brandon to keep the contest tied after two periods. Moissy was fighting the puck again on a couple goals. He changed big time in the third period and OT, coming out and stoning a few guys on unbelievable scoring chances. In the shootout, the Broncos were unfortunate, hitting one post, and getting robbed on the Leavold attempt. Levi Nelson shot the puck wide, which happens in shootouts...you never EVER know who will win. Some games, the shootout doesn't seem like a great way to end a game. But those are the breaks.
My main point is, my confidence is renewed. The Broncos showed they can turn things around quickly, and had a bit of a breakdown in the second period. It cost them one point but after four losses like the last four, I'm extremely happy with even one point. Unfortunate ending, but good effort for the most part. And no one forget, the Wheat Kings are a tough team to beat in their barn. They're in first place for a reason......HOME ICE.
We are now in a three-way tie for second place. We got help all over the scoreboard tonight, as Saskatoon was beat, Moose Jaw was beat, and Prince Albert doesn't have much hope left as of now, down by a few after two. However, you never know. Things will turn around, and the tides WILL be turned. This team has character left, even after the last week or so.
Exciting one tomorrow in Regina. Regina isn't easy to beat, especially of late, but Schenderling is back tomorrow, and the guys have a renewed spirit. We'll see what happens. LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

transplantedbronco
02-02-2007, 11:12 PM
I second yoiu thought their Big Ern. They DO have charcter and are on their way to turning the tide so to speak. I'll take the one poing as well. U going to the skills on Monday Big Ern?

Big Ern
02-02-2007, 11:19 PM
I second yoiu thought their Big Ern. They DO have charcter and are on their way to turning the tide so to speak. I'll take the one poing as well. U going to the skills on Monday Big Ern?

As much as I would LOVE to go, I can't, because I have to work. (MILK COWS) However, something may come up that I'll be able to go. I'm not very hopeful though. I'm looking for a town job....(desperately)......and no luck yet. Right now, I'm lucky to get three afternoons a month off.

Johnsy05
02-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Too bad the result was what it was tonight in Brandon. The guys overall, played an average game, certainly better than the last four games combined.
The Broncos took an extra day on the road to gel as a team, which was very noticeable tonight. They came out abseloutely on fire in the first period, and as a result, went up 2-0. One thing is for certain, the defense NEEDS TO SOLIDIFY!! I'm not going to mention names, but MY GOD!!!...did one veteran defensemen EVER make two or three big mistakes tonight!! That doesn't work! To score four goals for the Broncos, or have a two-goal lead twice in a game, is amazing. They HAVE to win those games. And right now, we're losing because of defense, and goaltending, although no goalie can really stop a quick turnover chance against a team like Brandon, who has Simek, Burki, Derlago, and the likes of those guys. So defensemen, step it up! And I'm sure the guys CAN and WILL figure this out. The PP has been unbelievable lately. Credit Eric Doyle, who has really bought in, and scored another PP marker tonight. There was a drop-off in the second period, but the Broncos' offense would not give up, keeping up with Brandon to keep the contest tied after two periods. Moissy was fighting the puck again on a couple goals. He changed big time in the third period and OT, coming out and stoning a few guys on unbelievable scoring chances. In the shootout, the Broncos were unfortunate, hitting one post, and getting robbed on the Leavold attempt. Levi Nelson shot the puck wide, which happens in shootouts...you never EVER know who will win. Some games, the shootout doesn't seem like a great way to end a game. But those are the breaks.
My main point is, my confidence is renewed. The Broncos showed they can turn things around quickly, and had a bit of a breakdown in the second period. It cost them one point but after four losses like the last four, I'm extremely happy with even one point. Unfortunate ending, but good effort for the most part. And no one forget, the Wheat Kings are a tough team to beat in their barn. They're in first place for a reason......HOME ICE.
We are now in a three-way tie for second place. We got help all over the scoreboard tonight, as Saskatoon was beat, Moose Jaw was beat, and Prince Albert doesn't have much hope left as of now, down by a few after two. However, you never know. Things will turn around, and the tides WILL be turned. This team has character left, even after the last week or so.
Exciting one tomorrow in Regina. Regina isn't easy to beat, especially of late, but Schenderling is back tomorrow, and the guys have a renewed spirit. We'll see what happens. LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

I take it you watched the game on whl.ca?

Big Ern
02-03-2007, 03:19 PM
I take it you watched the game on whl.ca?

Yes, I did. Sometimes it's the sh*ts. There are "technical difficulties" a lot of games, and it really REALLY ticks me off! Last night, they had one or two problems throughout the game, which isn't bad. It was fine, for the most part.

Johnsy05
02-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Yes, I did. Sometimes it's the sh*ts. There are "technical difficulties" a lot of games, and it really REALLY ticks me off! Last night, they had one or two problems throughout the game, which isn't bad. It was fine, for the most part.

yeah i watched it too, I was just wondering if u had.. And i agree last night it actually was pretty decent.

d-man
02-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Curious, how did Eakin & Hoban look?

Big Ern
02-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Curious, how did Eakin & Hoban look?

I think Dean explained it pretty good in tonight's pregame show. When you listen to the radio, or watch the game, they might not be noticed much. They're only 15 years old.
But when you watch the forming of plays from up above, or on TV, they're doing a lot of things right. They are extremely responsible with the puck...(making sure they pass it to the right guy, with a crisp and smooth pass.) They will develop, no worries here. It looks like Hoban is rolling again tonight. He looks great out there in Regina. He doesn't even look one BIT out of place. We saw Eakin in Swift, and I liked him there. He had to go home last night, and is not playing tonight.
I think they're two exciting picks for us, and will prove to be great players in one or two years. GO BRONCOS GO!!!