PDA

View Full Version : Want to see more live hockey this weekend?

old_time_hockey
02-03-2007, 02:29 AM
That's right boys and girls, Mitch Bartley and the UBC T-Birds beat the U of C Dinos tonight at Minoru Arena in Richmond 3-2. They will meet again tomorrow night at the same arena. Puck drop at 7:30pm. http://www.gothunderbirds.ca/sports_team_story.asp?id=11&storyid=1755

Tonight Mitch picked up an assist on the on the Scott Lynch (of Spokane Chiefs fame) goal that made it 2-1 T-Birds.

That win moved UBC into second place behind the U of A Golden Bears and if the standings hold true to the end of the season, UBC will host a playoff round for the first time since 1971.

On my way home from the Giants game I stop in to the Cactus Club to grab a pint of beer and get some wings to go. Sportsnet is on the TVs. Then the Giants highlights come on. Next thing I hear someone on the other side of the bar say "Hold on, I want to watch this" so I look over and OMG! Is that Mitch Bartley?? Sure looks like him. I'm wearing my Giants jersey and hat and I look over at him. He looks at me. Then I look again. But I was too chicken to go over and say hi.

I think I am going to head over to Minoru tomorrow night. If you head out I'll be the guy in the Giants jersey with the signatures on the front.

Swando
02-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Mitch is very approachable. He sat in the seat behind me at a Giants game and I asked him several questions of which he answered in depth. He even initiated conversations. A class guy - always a Giant and making a good impact at UBC ..go Birds go!