PDA

View Full Version : Crime & Punishment

Tipped Off
02-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Seems harsh to me, but here they are:

02/05/07 Tri-City $1,000 fine for actions of Club vs Everett on February 2.
02/05/07 Chris Inglis Tri-City Three games for actions vs Everett on February 2.
02/03/07 Travis Gorman Tri-City Two games for actions vs Everett on February 2.
02/03/07 Don Nachbaur Tri-City Two games for actions of players vs Everett on February 2.

AmsPhotos
02-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Tipped,

Did you watch the line brawl over the web?

Tipped Off
02-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Yes I did. Well, what they showed of it. As you know, when things start moving off in different directions they don't get it all in.

I thought 1 game each for the players and 5 games for the coach who made the mistake of announcing the intent in public would be about right.

Had Nach not said anything in public, I wouldn't even have issued a suspension to him.

Stay-Puft
02-05-2007, 06:49 PM
I don't have too much of a problem with it, except for the $1,000 team fine. That must be for Nachbaur's outspokenness. The Beech-Yellow Horn "double rough" was a joke. I don't see how the refs get that when there was clearly multiple punches thrown by one player. Pat Smith at his best.

I would like to see Beech step up to the plate against some "larger" opponents, and maybe he has. I heard from some players in the stands that he went up against Montgomery (6'3" 16 year old) from Portland and Beech got handled. Anyway, to go after a 5'8" guy, but skate away from a 6'1" guy in Teslyuk, who puts you hard into the glass divider on the end of the bench, kind of hard to earn respect, in my opinion. Prime example, Beech and Schmidt fought here in TC in the previous meeting, both 16-year olds. I would give the decision to Beech, but Schmidt took a few good uppercuts and never went down and even gave a little bit back, but he still took a bit of a beating. Schmidt is listed at 6'1". Last game, Schmidt give Beech a little hand rub from behind, away from the play, after the whistle and Beech looks at him and skates away. I see that if someone goes toe-to-toe with Beech and holds his own, Beech wants nothing to do with them. Just my observation. I'd be interested to see what Beech does against Montgomery during the next meeting. Maybe I'm wrong.

AmsPhotos
02-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Tipped,

I was curious what the video showed. From live viewing...

On the Inglis/Campos...it was what it was. Campos likely said he would go and then turtled when the puck dropped. Can't say the suspension is surprising considering he kept pounding him on the ice. Funniest thing about it was after the fight Campos is on the bench trying to convince the fans he didn't turtle.

On the Gorman/Mistelbacher fight, it looked like both guys were willing. Gorman might have pressed the issue, but once the gloves came off both seemed willing.

On the Valach/Harty fight, it looked very similar to Gorman/Mistelbacher with Harty pushing the issue.

Given that I guess I don't see why if Gorman is suspended for pushing the issue that Harty isn't as well. I don't think either (Gorman or Harty) should have been suspended.

Stay-Puft... You're right. I don't believe Yellow Horn ever dropped his gloves. I'd bet nothing happens Wednesday, but I'd bet during those last two home games against Everett I'd expect some fireworks.

Tipped Off
02-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Well, I would have to seriously doubt Campos agreed to a fight. He's small and never fought before or showed any signs of ever wanting to fight. Which would explain why he just duckked and covered (turtled, if you will).

I'm guessing all the suspensions were about the public comments more than the actions on the Ice. I doubt any suspensions come of it if nothing is mentioned in the public eye.

AmsPhotos
02-06-2007, 12:13 AM
I didn't mean to imply that I thought Campos intended to fight.

ihlemic10
02-06-2007, 10:40 AM
I don't have too much of a problem with it, except for the $1,000 team fine. That must be for Nachbaur's outspokenness. The Beech-Yellow Horn "double rough" was a joke. I don't see how the refs get that when there was clearly multiple punches thrown by one player. Pat Smith at his best.

I would like to see Beech step up to the plate against some "larger" opponents, and maybe he has. I heard from some players in the stands that he went up against Montgomery (6'3" 16 year old) from Portland and Beech got handled. Anyway, to go after a 5'8" guy, but skate away from a 6'1" guy in Teslyuk, who puts you hard into the glass divider on the end of the bench, kind of hard to earn respect, in my opinion. Prime example, Beech and Schmidt fought here in TC in the previous meeting, both 16-year olds. I would give the decision to Beech, but Schmidt took a few good uppercuts and never went down and even gave a little bit back, but he still took a bit of a beating. Schmidt is listed at 6'1". Last game, Schmidt give Beech a little hand rub from behind, away from the play, after the whistle and Beech looks at him and skates away. I see that if someone goes toe-to-toe with Beech and holds his own, Beech wants nothing to do with them. Just my observation. I'd be interested to see what Beech does against Montgomery during the next meeting. Maybe I'm wrong.

I would say the double rough was meant to take people off the ice. It was definetly a fight.