PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Stampeders

Flathead
02-26-2005, 06:35 PM
What does everyone think about the newest stamp "smilin hank" burris?? I can't lie, I liked him as a Rider and think he will be missed. I'm not a Neolon Green fan, and hope that Rocky Butler gets a chance to show his stuff this, he's a good QB.

kelownakarl
02-26-2005, 07:11 PM
I think the Riders may make a pitch at Kahari Jones..... But good luck to Burris in Cowtown.....

Fight Guy
02-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Im no longer a fan of Burris. He lead the fans of Saskatchewan on to believe he would be back because "this is where his heart is" and that he has "unfinished business here"...then goes and signs with the Stamps because he didnt think that he would be the starting QB here. Do you really think the Riders are going to offer you $1,000,000 over 3 years and not make you the starting QB? If the Riders didnt want him as the starting QB, they wouldnt have made such a big deal and very good offer to return. He left for the money and he's going to have a hard time when he returns to Taylor Feild for the first time, let alone when he plays the Riders the first time in Calgary.

Im not too worried though as the Riders still have a very good team, and I dont see them trying to get Kahari Jones when they already have a good, proven QB in Green. Burris just would have been the icing on the cake.

Hitman
03-27-2005, 10:32 AM
I'm a huge follower of the Stamps, been a fan for years and I have to say, after a number of horrid seasons, I am finally starting to get a little optimistic about the team. The Henry Burris signing is awesome, finally no more Marcus Crandell. To back him up, they added Darnell Kennedy, who has great potential to be a starter someday soon. All-Star Jeremaine Copeland was added, he and ROY Nik Lewis should be an excellent 1-2 punch. The defense is still completely in place from last season, with the exception of Milo Lewis who was released. Anthony Marlbough was signed, and brings greatr depth to the defensive back position. Star linebacker John Grace re-signed with the team, as did budding young runningback Joffrey Reynolds who rushed for nearly 500 yards in only five games last year. The new coaching staff is very experienced, and have won Grey Cups before. They should instill an instant winning attitude in the players. Feterik is out the door as an owner and new local ownership has taken over, which includes the Calgary Flames. Things are looking great. :thumb:

smackitsakic
03-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Burris can do what he wants. Perhaps his heart was lost in the mix of money, i dont' know, but i'd of probably done the same thing if i was in his shoes. It's a big difference in money, and Regina isn't his hometown so...oh well. It's going to be a rough time for him come next fall when he's watching his former team with the Grey Cup on his new plasma TV. Good luck Burris, until you have to meet us. Bring the tissues my good man, bring the tissues.