PDA

View Full Version : Big win tonight

LifelongChiefsFan
02-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Nice to put some space betweem Spokane and Seattle. I know the Chiefs have had their share of troubles with T/C this year and have played really well against Everett, but I would still much rather that the Chiefs play the Ams in the first round rather than the Tips.

Whatever the Chiefs' problem was during their eastern trip it seems to be over now. They still have had several lapses the past few games which would be nice to get rid of, but overall the effort has been there. Armstrong is still playing strong too. I have concerns about the Chiefs powerplay though. It started slow then caught fire and now they can't seem to get a goal on the PP again. I just did a rough check so these numbers may not be completely accurate, but I've got the Chiefs at 12-109 on the PP in their last 19 games which comes out to 11%. That will not cut it in the playoffs. At least lately the Chiefs have been able to play decent 5 on 5 and on the PK so it hasn't killed them. I hope Peters will be able to find the formula which allowed the Chiefs to light it up on the PP earlier in the year. At least there is still time to experiment and find something that works.

Another big game against Seattle tomorrow at home where the Chiefs have played very well this year. A win would be huge as it would put 7 points between 3rd and 4th place. Seattle should come out hard tomorrow, but as long as the Chiefs play tough and don't let up, they have a good chance of taking the home and home series.