PDA

View Full Version : Schulz ????

3wheeler
02-26-2005, 11:47 PM
As said in an earlier post, what is up with Schulz? 6'3" and 205 lbs.
Is he a kitten?
Is he afraid to go into the corner?
At his size the opposition should be afraid, but instead they can go into a corner with their back turned and have no fear of a hit.
Does he need a bus ticket home? :clap:
He needs to improve his play or next season will be the Beer league for him.

Flathead
02-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Could not agree with you more. He's a big kid that plays like he's ready to make the next addition of the ice cappades. I personally would not be surprised or concerned if he doesn't makes the Broncos next year. Mabye a trade would have been good for him, but I don't think much would be given in return. The other players on the team don't even like passing him the puck, for fear of what he may do with it. I feel bad carving the kid, but this is Major Junior Hockey and if you're not playing up to potential, your going to hear about it. Hopefully something will change in him in the off season????

ointhecreek
02-27-2005, 09:46 AM
As said in an earlier post, what is up with Schulz? 6'3" and 205 lbs.
Is he a kitten?
Is he afraid to go into the corner?
At his size the opposition should be afraid, but instead they can go into a corner with their back turned and have no fear of a hit.
Does he need a bus ticket home? :clap:
He needs to improve his play or next season will be the Beer league for him.
YES
YES, and
YES

smackitsakic
02-27-2005, 01:59 PM
What a gem we have found. The kid has SO much potential. Getting him to use it, unfortunately, seems to be about as hard as it is to score a goal this year.
My favorite part about last night, even above and beyond Dorsett pushing Schulz around in front of Moir (leading to a Tiger goal) was when Schulz tried to pursue the puck on a dump in. He was the first man to the puck, but when the Tiger player came in ( i believe it was Dorsett if i'm not mistaken ), David completely disregarded his concern for the puck, slammed on the brakes, and got absolutely hammered by the full speed and much smaller Tiger player. DUDE, you're twice the size with the same amount of speed. If you both throw your hips out, who do you think is going to be the one on the ground? What a brilliant play.
He is by far the best hitter in the league when it comes to only using your hands to check a guy. Keep up the good work and we'll miss the playoffs next year too.

smackitsakic
02-27-2005, 11:40 PM
David Schulz, now 611th in the league in plus/minus. Only five places behind dead last in the league. Let's give the guy 25 minutes of ice time per game. Dean, what are we doing?!?!

kelownakarl
02-28-2005, 12:22 AM
didnt the canucks draft this guy.............? scary.

Ms. Hockey
02-28-2005, 01:13 PM
like Smackit said this kid has so much potential.
He can skate and could carry the puck if he used his brain a little.
He can put a great shot on net too.
But all he does is give up the puck, cost us goals and run away from the opposition!

SCHULZ if you're reading this please do us all a favor...
TRY A LITTLE!!! You have so much potential, use it!
GO INTO A CORNER! They're not that bad...just learn HOW to take a hit!
HIT SOMEONE! You've got size, use it to your advantage!
PLAY DEFENCE! That's what you're there for! Take the man, take the puck, do something!
SHOOT! Shoot the puck at the net! Like I said up top, you've got a great shot!
KEEP SKATING! Why do all our defencemen stop at the blueline? Take it in and one of your forwards will cover for you!

Ok, I think that's all I've got for now...but please, someone motivate this kid somehow!

Scout
02-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Very Very well put Ms. Hockey. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Scout

bronconeer
02-28-2005, 01:34 PM
What are the coaches doing? Your list of what DS should do is great, obviously it is not rocket-science. Have they parked him in the stands ever?
Have they changed his D-partner? He played with Fransoo 80 % of the year.
Some times a trade enhances both the player and the team.
Frustrated

Ms. Hockey
02-28-2005, 01:51 PM
I completely agree that the coaches are not doing their job when it comes to Shculz. Someone needs to get this kid motivated cause he could be great for us! But if he's not gonna be great for us, healthy scratch him or even better trade him. Angry that something didn't happen with him before the trade deadline and there's no use in sitting him now...we're out of play offs anyways.

bronconeer
02-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Heard they were looking for a spot for him. Did not pan out before deadline.

murdawg
03-01-2005, 04:47 PM
i think that before u can criticize DS so badly u have to look at all the benefits he brings to the team... he has a composure on both the ice and the bench and an intensity that cant be matched by many...his physical stature allows him to play a physical game when is needed but he is by no means a plug who needs to go out and fight all the time or run guys..hes a talented player who utilizes his size when needed and his talent does the rest!!!

Ms. Hockey
03-01-2005, 04:52 PM
i think that before u can criticize DS so badly u have to look at all the benefits he brings to the team... he has a composure on both the ice and the bench and an intensity that cant be matched by many...his physical stature allows him to play a physical game when is needed but he is by no means a plug who needs to go out and fight all the time or run guys..hes a talented player who utilizes his size when needed and his talent does the rest!!!

Yes, he has composure...so much composure that he looks like he doesn't give a **** half the time! As for intensity I wouldn't say he has it, that I'm aware of. And his physical stature...yah, he's big, but he doesn't use it...and when he gets angry and tries to he takes stupid penalities.
Why are you constantly standing up for every player? They all have their good and bad point and I have made my bad points about DS but I also pointed out good ones about him earlier.

murdawg
03-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Why are you constantly standing up for every player?

i feel that we focus so much on their negatives that they deserve to be defended by someone...theyare out there giving their all everyday whether its in the gym practice or game and i feel we dont give them enuf credit to where they have made it with htis sport... and unless u urself have played there or are a coach i dont feel u have the right to bash them and berate them the way u constantly do... how about supporting your team

Flathead
03-01-2005, 05:33 PM

DS has no benefits to the team, he has over 100 pims and hasn't been in a fight, that's a lot of 2 minute minors! Tell me how that benefits the team?? Let's not even talk about his +/-. The little he does for the team, doesn't even begin to come close to the negative attributes of his +/-, and useless penalties. You are being sarcastic about his intensity, right?? He's a big kid and not one person in the league is scared of his size, so his physical stature is pointless, he may as well be three foot two. His mental game is also extremely weak. He's a wonderful skater and has a hard shot, that's it. Sorry but that's the way I feel.

Ms. Hockey
03-01-2005, 07:02 PM
i feel that we focus so much on their negatives that they deserve to be defended by someone...theyare out there giving their all everyday whether its in the gym practice or game and i feel we dont give them enuf credit to where they have made it with htis sport... and unless u urself have played there or are a coach i dont feel u have the right to bash them and berate them the way u constantly do... how about supporting your team

Murdawg...
Yes we do focus on the negatives...that's part of the game. But we do comment on positives here too. I know that there are players giving their all whether in a game, at practice or around the town making appearances. I know some of the players past and present very well and know how much effort those boys put in. But I've also been there to see when they are frustrated and giving a lack of effort.
No of course I haven't played myself and I'm not a coach...I'm a woman. But I'm also a hockey fan and I know what I'm talking about. We have the right to comment on positives and negatives as fans. You also can't say that I or anyone else on their board isn't supporting the team because we are there for all the games (if we weren't I'm sure we wouldn't have any interest in posting on this board). I'm there cheering for the team and supporting them financially.
You can't be so defensive on this board or it's going to turn into the network54 board and someone's going to have to start another one! Try to see both sides rather than being so biased.

smackitsakic
03-01-2005, 07:19 PM
He's terrible, i mean i'm sorry, but there is no point in beating around the bush. It appears as though he had already topped out at the age of 16. I personally gave the kid all the chances in the world this year to improve my imagine of him, and he did for about a game and a half, and then his head took over and he went straight to the bad books again. I bashed Aaron Rome all throughout last year, but when he got his A and turned his game around, i soon had to eat crow and turned around to become one of his biggest fans. Show me you deserve your spot on the team and i've got nothing against you. Right now, i honestly trust Hengen as the last man back over Schulz. When you're playing with guys that are 16 and 4 inches shorter than you and THEY have more fighting majors than you, what are you doing? What are you scared of? Try your own strength out for a change, you might surprise yourself. It's incredibly frustrating watching him and almost every fan i know is not impressed at all with his play. The only chants you hear about Schulz are the weak whimpers coming from his lady friend in section M every game. I give her credit for standing behind him when it's blatantly obvious that he was the result of the turning point for the opposition.

Scout
03-01-2005, 08:55 PM
I have read each of your thoughts and agree with both of you. Ms.Hockey i will not allow this forum to become network54. I check all the time and monitor that there is no personal attacks on fellow posters. Defending players or giving an opinion on a player is part of hockey talk. If it becomes a personal attack then i will step in and edit it.

Please respect each others opinions and keep it civil. You both have very valid points. I agree and won't allow another network54.

Scout

Ms. Hockey
03-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Appreciate it!

Willis on the Welfare
03-01-2005, 10:59 PM
My thoughts on Schulz and this post.

-Leave Schulz's "lady friend" out of this Smackit. You wouldn't like any posts about your personal life on here would you?

-Schulz has been through alot. His rookie year he worked under Brad McEwen. His second year Bryan Glynn. Now Dean Chynoweth. Three different styles of coaching. It's hard enough trying to learn from one coach sometimes, let alone three. What is right with one coach isn't with others. You can argue that Luke Hunter has made the transition well, and I'll agree with you and say that is one more reason Luke is great.

-Schulz's point production is already equal to last year. Considering last year he had Wiliams, Redenbach, Heintz, Leavitt, Richards and more to pass the puck to, the fact he has equaled and will likely pass last years total is a good feat.

-He is 18. For the love of God people, remeber that these guys are KIDS! What good do you think it does for anonymous people to slam him on the internet? I'm pushing 30 and can hardly take criticism, what do you think you're doing to him with your posts?

smackitsakic
03-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Alright alright alright, his lady friend stays out of it. I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place, it just annoys the crap out of me some nights as i sit near there and hear every comment.
With regards to Schulz's point production...C'mon Willis, lets be honest here. The guy is logging a bazillion minutes per game, of course he is going to pile on the points. This also has a lot to do with his plus minus. He's playing on a dismal team and the fact that he is out there a lot is a part of the reason that his plus minus is close to the worst in the league, but minutes don't justify that statistic fully, because when he is out there he is 20% of the problem, usually more.
Here is the thing with this whole age issue. I'm 20 years old, and on here, that puts me closer to the age of these players than most. We grow up fast these days, we really do, and to blame poor performance on a third year veteran who is old enough to legally do whatever he wants, i mean i don't see the oomph behind that. Three years is the average career for WHL players, how much can we blame Schulz's performance on that.
You defend him lots, and that's great. I'm guessing you know him, even better. I'm not saying he's a bad person, i can't make that clearer. I'm sure he's a nice guy off the ice, in fact i know he is, but nice guys finish last - how "nice" do we want him to be on the ice? When guys that are 5 inches smaller than you are going into the boards with more aggression and less fear than you, we've got some issues that need to be worked on, some big issues.

Ms. Hockey
03-02-2005, 09:15 AM
with Smackit.
DS is 18 years old and playing in the WHL, regardless he's going to receive critism. He needs to step it up.
We're not bashing him as a person, we commenting on the positives and negatives of his games. I've met DS and he is a nice young gentleman. But he's not producing for the Broncos, simple as that.