PDA

View Full Version : Pats 3 Blades 0 Crazy game!

Tidball
02-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Holtby let in a few shakey ones. Blades just couldnt catch a break and hit the post a couple times, Cuthbert came really close at the end. Regina was REALLY solid on D tonight and props to them for playing a good game. Rowat injured himself in gym class today so Tartaglione got the start.

A few fights in this one. Chris Cloud jumped Festerling after it looked like Festerling gave him the nod to fight, but then he turtled up and Cloud got a few shots in. Cloud gets a double minor.

Riech and McCrae went, i think they bumped while line changing, Riech gave him an extra shot then they fought. Nothing good landed, no damage, so draw for that one.

Klotz wants to go with Stoesz. Stoesz was beaking so Klotz came at him. Stoesz wanted no part of Klotz but Klotz drops the gloves anyways any beats the crap out of him, kinda like a punching bag. Klotz gets 5 and a game. I thought Stoesz was tuff?

Riech jumps Cloud(to avenge Festerling) Riech gets a couple shots on Cloud before he can drop the gloves, but Cloud rolls over and gets a few shots in. Draw as well.

Leffler jumps Gillies near the end but didnt really get a shot in. No idea what those 2 were going for, but on WHL.ca Gillies got an elbowing call on that play, so that musta set off Leffler.

Blades did good on the fights but bad on the scoreboard. Canart had a good scoring chance. Cloud, Patterson, Wintoneak, and Gillies played good game. Wild game overall. GREAT penalty killing by the BLades and Pats.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-07-2007, 09:40 PM
beat the crap out of him? what game are you watching?

Stoez didnt want to fight for some reason. Klotz still only got in a few punches and didnt even take him down. I hardly call that getting the crap kicked out of him. I doubt stoez needs to prove himself anyways, and has shown before that he is a tough guy. Didnt he fight klotz before and get like a draw or something? Either way, it will be interesting to see their fight in the next game.

Anyways, the Reich and Cloud thing was basically Reich going ape**** crazy on cloud for sucker punching festerling. It wasnt really a fight, more of a beat down. I wouldnt give this a decision, seeing as cloud dint drop them. But reich still kicked the crap out of him... a few really good shots in on him.

As for Gillies, he elbowed leffler in the face after leffler threw him into the boards. No decision in the fight, seeing as nothing really got through. Too bad, it would have been a good fight.

The blades didnt really seem to want to play tonight after the first 2 goals. Pats had just about the same amout of shots in the 1st as the blades did in the whole game. Pats basically dominated the game offensively and it was somewhat even physically.

Fight Guy
02-07-2007, 10:54 PM
And the Reich/McCrae thing...I'm pretty sure Reich stood there and fed him shot after shot against the boards. The linesmen didn't jump in till McCrae got some space.

applause On a side note. Reich had a career night with 32PIM, which shoots him up in to first in the league with 227PIM! applause Keep it up :thumb:

Dwight Schrute
02-07-2007, 11:52 PM
And the Reich/McCrae thing...I'm pretty sure Reich stood there and fed him shot after shot against the boards. The linesmen didn't jump in till McCrae got some space.

applause On a side note. Reich had a career night with 32PIM, which shoots him up in to first in the league with 227PIM! applause Keep it up :thumb:
whl.ca is kinda screwing up the pim's if you look at the game by game stats you'll see reich has 157 pim, mike gauthier has 200. jd watt has 203
i've noticed it for the last couple weeks.

Tidball
02-08-2007, 12:03 AM
beat the crap out of him? what game are you watching?

Stoez didnt want to fight for some reason. Klotz still only got in a few punches and didnt even take him down. I hardly call that getting the crap kicked out of him. I doubt stoez needs to prove himself anyways, and has shown before that he is a tough guy. Didnt he fight klotz before and get like a draw or something? Either way, it will be interesting to see their fight in the next game.

Anyways, the Reich and Cloud thing was basically Reich going ape**** crazy on cloud for sucker punching festerling. It wasnt really a fight, more of a beat down. I wouldnt give this a decision, seeing as cloud dint drop them. But reich still kicked the crap out of him... a few really good shots in on him.

As for Gillies, he elbowed leffler in the face after leffler threw him into the boards. No decision in the fight, seeing as nothing really got through. Too bad, it would have been a good fight.

The blades didnt really seem to want to play tonight after the first 2 goals. Pats had just about the same amout of shots in the 1st as the blades did in the whole game. Pats basically dominated the game offensively and it was somewhat even physically.

Lol of course Klotz didnt take him down, Klotz had 2 options. Use his face as a punching bag, or tackle him, he chose option 1. I as well wonder why Stoesz didnt fight him.

And yes i agree that Riech bee-lined for Cloud bacause of Festerling. When Cloud finally got his gloves off, he flipped Riech over and got a few shots in before the linesman jumped in. If Riech was a man, he woulda told Cloud to fight him First, Cloud will fight with anybody, hes crazy like that. If Cloud had a chance to start the fight with Riech when they were both ready, Riech woulda got the snot kicked out of him.

Gillies and Leffler woulda been an interesting one.

Fight Guy
02-08-2007, 12:13 AM
What has happened here is they are not including misconducts in the game by game stats. Looking at it that way, Watt has 153PIM while Reich has 157PIM. Though with Gauthier has 200PIM in both. For some reason his misconducts are not included. Heh, I guess I see what you mean. :dead:

Bran
02-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Well, Stoesz doesn't fight back and Klotz gets 5 and a game. Pats go on a 5 minute PP. I think Stoesz knew exactly what he was doing. It's not the road he's going to take all of the time, but he did tonight. It's too bad the Pats couldn't do much on the PP tonight, but meh. Stoesz and one of the Blades (I almost think it was Gillies...did he stay on the bench for the end of the game?) were yelling back and forth about something or other near the end of the game and before long he had half (okay not half...3 or 4 guys) the Pats bench laughing at him. Stoesz said something to Festerling who pointed at the scoreboard and laughed. I'd love to know what those guys were saying...

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-08-2007, 12:30 AM
If Cloud had a chance to start the fight with Riech when they were both ready, Riech woulda got the snot kicked out of him.

are you kidding me? Cloud definitely has guts, but thats about it. I dont think I have ever seen the poor guy win a fight. He was fuders punching bag for awhile last year, and this year he hasnt proven anything else other than sucker punching festerling. I do admire his courage though, and he is definitely a good energy player.

Reich is tougher than he looks. The boy is crazy, and tough, and I think he would rip cloud apart, but thats just what I think. I would have to see the two drop the gloves in a regular kind of fight.

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2007, 12:38 AM
What has happened here is they are not including misconducts in the game by game stats. Looking at it that way, Watt has 153PIM while Reich has 157PIM. Though with Gauthier has 200PIM in both. For some reason his misconducts are not included. Heh, I guess I see what you mean. :dead:
yeah well vancouver and regina played tonight whereas the raiders didnt. might have an effect. also they havent included misc for a few years

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2007, 12:49 AM
are you kidding me? Cloud definitely has guts, but thats about it. I dont think I have ever seen the poor guy win a fight. He was fuders punching bag for awhile last year, and this year he hasnt proven anything else other than sucker punching festerling. I do admire his courage though, and he is definitely a good energy player.

Reich is tougher than he looks. The boy is crazy, and tough, and I think he would rip cloud apart, but thats just what I think. I would have to see the two drop the gloves in a regular kind of fight.
as a somewhat impartial outsider who has seen both fight numerous times i'll say i think it would be one of the best middleweight fights in a while. i think it would be too close to call. neither would waste either.

sidenote, will we get to see a klotz vs gauthier ?

ProStaff
02-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Gauthier will chicken out like he always does, he likes picking on the little guys and checking from behind, that's his style of play!

howley
02-08-2007, 01:37 AM
fingers crossed for Klotz and Gauthier tomorrow night.

nivek_wahs
02-08-2007, 04:48 AM
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/sports/story.html?id=830376b5-494c-44f5-b533-7904c7cf2f05&k=58005

Ineffective Blades blanked by Pats

Cory Wolfe, The StarPhoenix
Published: Thursday, February 08, 2007

PATS 3, BLADES 0

Now wait just a minute and 31 seconds.

The Regina Pats exploded out of the blocks and held on to blank the Saskatoon Blades 3-0 Wednesday in Western Hockey League action at the Brandt Centre in Regina.

Colten Teubert opened the scoring 1:31 into the game and fellow Regina blue-liner Nick Ross spread his two-goal peformance over the final two periods.

The Blades play their third game in as many nights this evening when the Prince Albert Raiders visit Credit Union Centre. The puck drops at 7:05 p.m.

Saskatoon shut down Regina's fifth-ranked power play on all eight opportunities Wednesday -- including a double-roughing minor to Chris Cloud and later a five-minute major to Garrett Klotz, whose attempts to scrap with the Pats' Myles Stoesz were not reciprocated. The Blades have now killed off 23 straight penalties, but the amount of time they spent shorthanded Wednesday limited their ability to counterattack.

"It was one of those games that was full of emotions," said Blades coach-GM Lorne Molleken. "When (Regina forward Mike) Reich went after (Blades centre Justin) McCrae early, our guys reacted and Regina didn't."

Molleken said the score could've been worse without the Blades' penalty-killing prowess. But, he added, "we could have been in the game if our power play was going."

Saskatoon also finished 0-for-8 with the man-advantage. The Blades fired 14 shots overall and just two in the third period.

On the opening goal, Garrett Festerling won the draw back to Teubert and the rookie defenceman launched a rocket past Blades goaltender Braden Holtby. Although Holtby rebounded with a solid, 28-save outing, his team didn't muster much support.

Pats netminder Tommy Tartaglione earned the shutout with 14 saves and Regina (26-23-1-4) strengthened its hold on second place in the East Division. The Blades (21-29-2-1) remain six points behind Swift Current and Prince Albert, who are tied for the East's final playoff spot. Saskatoon has played two fewer games than Swift Current and one less than Prince Albert.

ICE CHIPS: G Jeff Bosch, a call-up from the midget AAA Saskatoon Blazers, dressed as Tartaglione's back-up for a second straight game. Pats starter Linden Rowat is sidelined by a back injury.

cwolfe@sp.canwest.com

© The StarPhoenix (Saskatoon) 2007

witness
02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
The reaction from the Pats was much better than fighting. The penalities taken by Cloud and Klotz, sucked the life from the Blades. They were desperate to get a spark on the bench and didn't get it, instead they had to kill 10 minutes in penalities and exhaust their defense.

On the plus side, I thought that Cole and Ward were great. Both logged a ton of minutes.

On the minus side, (and maybe it was the result of frustration) I can't say that I am overly impressed with Gillies. He is a big skilled player that spends more time running around trying to lay the big hit (with an elbow or a stick after), than he does with the puck on his stick. And the take down of Eberle in the second period was just plain dirty.

Gillies should have taken notes on the play made by Leffler on the Pats second goal. That was a power forward play (and we don't see Leffler do it enough). Gillies has the skill to make a power move like that on a nightly bases. I don't think he help his team last night. He spent more time in the penality box than he did on the ice.

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Gillies will chicken out like he always does, he likes picking on the little guys and checking from behind, that's his style of play!
fixed it for you :D

Tidball
02-08-2007, 03:49 PM
as a somewhat impartial outsider who has seen both fight numerous times i'll say i think it would be one of the best middleweight fights in a while. i think it would be too close to call. neither would waste either.

sidenote, will we get to see a klotz vs gauthier ?

I dont agree with you often but i do in that statement. As for Cloud never winning a fight(not to you dannoabram), maybe you missed the time when he was fighting Riege, Riege landed about 5 then BOOM, Cloud nails him with a left that drops him instantly. They fought again a couple weeks later and Cloud won that fight easily. Truth be told Cloud does lose more then he wins, but thats because he almost always fights guys older and bigger then him. Cloud VS Riech (when they're both ready) would be a good scrap, Cloud picks his punches where as it seems like Reich throws and throws. Cloud is excellent at wrestling and getting a better position. Theran Yeo jumped him, and couldnt get a shot in........ thank god.

And for the love of God can we please see Klotz VS Gauthier.

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2007, 03:50 PM
many of you going to be at the game tonight against the raiders ? i'll be there

Tidball
02-08-2007, 03:52 PM
fixed it for you :D

Though i disagree with you, that was a funny statement. Gillies doesnt pick on little guys though, hell go for the big hit on anyone. Gillies and Palazzo should fight. 2 17's each being 6'4..... im guessing, not looking at stats.

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Though i disagree with you, that was a funny statement. Gillies doesnt pick on little guys though, hell go for the big hit on anyone. Gillies and Palazzo should fight. 2 17's each being 6'4..... im guessing, not looking at stats.
2 -17 year olds - check
2 former 1st round bantam picks - check
2 boys of similiar size (6'4 200lbs) - check
2 having showed a willingness to scrap - nope
but i agree it would be a good one

also as much as wanna gauther vs klotz it is a bad trade for the raiders and i hope if they do fight gauthier picks his time wisely (like off the opening faceoff) or at the end of the game

ProStaff
02-08-2007, 04:17 PM
hey if you want to add something to my statement, then do it! but don't quote it! and change what I said :mad: you know dam well that Gauthier is a dirty player that never fights big, proven fighters he goes after smaller garentee wins, he is the biggest pussey in the league!!! hands down, I will be willing to bet $100 that Gauthier won't fight Klotz, because he knows he will get his ASS KICK :groovy:

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-08-2007, 04:51 PM
hey if you want to add something to my statement, then do it! but don't quote it! and change what I said :mad: you know dam well that Gauthier is a dirty player that never fights big, proven fighters he goes after smaller garentee wins, he is the biggest pussey in the league!!! hands down, I will be willing to bet $100 that Gauthier won't fight Klotz, because he knows he will get his ASS KICK :groovy:

Gauthier went with Stoez in one fo the PA@Reg games. Gauthier actually held his own, but Stoez got a few more/better shots in, so I would give the fight to Myles. Anyone who can go toe to toe with one of the top 5 tough guys in the league and hang in there nevermind fight well isnt a *****.

Im sure Gauthier makes alot unsportsmanlike plays and stuff, but he isnt a *****. He is actually pretty tough.

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2007, 05:00 PM
easy now big guy. need i remind you gauthier beat klotz with ease on opening night ? wait so umm you just lost your bet then.. well i'll take the 100$ from ya ;)
have a sense of humour....even tidball was amused :thumb:

ProStaff
02-09-2007, 01:01 AM
I will take that $100 from you now! :) Because you just lost, Gauthier didn't want anything to do with Klotz tonight! and if you think Gauthier and Kassian are in the same league, you Raider Fans need to pass what ever you are smoking around, because that is some good stuff!!

ProStaff
02-09-2007, 01:07 AM
you have derailed. Gauthier faught Kassian when gauthier had a broken hand and did well, its frustrating when you post this crap and not knowing what your talking about, they dont come bigger or tougher then kassian especially when you got a broken hand . I was at the last game in saskatoon and all the blade fans think klotz is awful. When he jumped thelen one looked back at me and said he isnt even good for this
Raiderfan, I don't know what I am talking about, you have know clue. So you mean to tell me that Gauthier is so tough that he can take on Kassian with one hand! WOW! And "ALL THE BLADES FANS THINK HE IS AWFULL" you talked to all 4000 fans at the game? Fact are Facts Gauthier pussed out tonight! he had ample time to go with Klotz and chicken out :turkey: ya he is some tough guy!

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Raiderfan, I don't know what I am talking about, you have know clue. So you mean to tell me that Gauthier is so tough that he can take on Kassian with one hand! WOW! And "ALL THE BLADES FANS THINK HE IS AWFULL" you talked to all 4000 fans at the game? Fact are Facts Gauthier pussed out tonight! he had ample time to go with Klotz and chicken out :turkey: ya he is some tough guy!
pretty sure nobody said gauthier wiped the floor with kassian. if i remember correctly kassian jumped thelen much like klotz did only gauthier stepped in before any punches were thrown. and there hasnt been 1 good post about gauthier by a blades fan. gauthier is needed on the ice not in the box with klotz, who turned down flatters. opening faceoff were you watching ??? flatters was yelling at him saying now now even lined up at th wing next to him and he still wouldnt. jeez how old are you ?

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2007, 07:48 AM
I will take that $100 from you now! :) Because you just lost, Gauthier didn't want anything to do with Klotz tonight! and if you think Gauthier and Kassian are in the same league, you Raider Fans need to pass what ever you are smoking around, because that is some good stuff!!
are you 8 years old ? did you watch the game over the radio ? honestly... Boogaard'd

ProStaff
02-09-2007, 08:15 AM
I love how when you can't back up your points you instantly go to "you must be 8 years old, How old are you kid B.S" Go quote me smart guy, I said I would bet anyone $ 100 that Gauthier will not fight Klotz tonight and what happend Danno? Gauthier wouldn't fight Klotz. And if you sit near centre ice you would have heard Two things Klotz and Flatters were warned by the ref to cool it and if they fight right after the puck drop they will be kick out of the game! and klotz saying Gauthier first! and all night Gauthier pussed out and then klotz wanted to go after Flatters but Flatters pussed out too, he would rather fight cloud. So you can spin this anyway you want, But I sit in section S right behind the penalty box and I was at the game. Nice try Danno, thanks for the laugh thou

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2007, 06:12 PM
I love how when you can't back up your points you instantly go to "you must be 8 years old, How old are you kid B.S" Go quote me smart guy, I said I would bet anyone $ 100 that Gauthier will not fight Klotz tonight and what happend Danno? Gauthier wouldn't fight Klotz. And if you sit near centre ice you would have heard Two things Klotz and Flatters were warned by the ref to cool it and if they fight right after the puck drop they will be kick out of the game! and klotz saying Gauthier first! and all night Gauthier pussed out and then klotz wanted to go after Flatters but Flatters pussed out too, he would rather fight cloud. So you can spin this anyway you want, But I sit in section S right behind the penalty box and I was at the game. Nice try Danno, thanks for the laugh thou
klotz said gauthier first ? hmm didnt hear that but hey kid should have to work his way up now shouldnt he ?
also "I will be willing to bet $100 that Gauthier won't fight Klotz, because he knows he will get his ASS KICK " dont think thats the reason. think they were told not to. both of em
but hey good to see you not disagreeing about gillies hit from behind on gauthier though.

Sabes
02-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Gauthier will chicken out like he always does, he likes picking on the little guys and checking from behind, that's his style of play!

Gauthier has fought over his WHL career the following: JD Watt, Ken Petkau, Riley Day, Steven Later, Tommy Maxwell, Matt Kassian, Vladimir Mihalik, Garrett Klotz, Jordan Bendfeld, Fraser McLaren, Myles Stoesz, Patrik Bhungal.

Not exactly all smaller players.

Tidball
02-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Gauthier has fought over his WHL career the following: JD Watt, Ken Petkau, Riley Day, Steven Later, Tommy Maxwell, Matt Kassian, Vladimir Mihalik, Garrett Klotz, Jordan Bendfeld, Fraser McLaren, Myles Stoesz, Patrik Bhungal.

Not exactly all smaller players.

Not a bad list, but it looked like Bendfeld got the win in that tilt(the same game where Gauthier fought Schlemko, while Schlemko had his gloves on?)

Tigers tv is where i watched it. BTW, props to the guys who work on the Tigers page. I love that Tigers TV thing, i think other webmasters should take note.