PDA

View Full Version : On TV tonight Feb 8th

Spungy
02-08-2007, 11:16 AM
So tonights game against Lethbridge is on TV anyone tuning in?

If we get it on bell we will watch.

neutral
02-08-2007, 01:31 PM
So tonights game against Lethbridge is on TV anyone tuning in?

If we get it on bell we will watch.

Sportsnet west only, not regular Sportsnet. The TV says 8pm after the flames game but game time is 7pm. Which is right?

fightstrap50
02-08-2007, 05:36 PM
I know where I'll be planted tonight lol.
Only one thing though, I'm always torn between listening to Hollick who makes sence about everything and knows every player from any team by name, one downfall is the Drive is always delayed from TV time, either that or listen to the bone heads that comentate for sportsnet.

Either way,

GO ICE GO!!!

LHF
02-08-2007, 06:21 PM
The game on Sportsnet is tape delayed. The actual game starts at 7:00, and on Sportsnet it starts at 8:00.

This is what I've been told anyway. :p

nhl

neutral
02-08-2007, 06:50 PM
I know where I'll be planted tonight lol.
Only one thing though, I'm always torn between listening to Hollick who makes sence about everything and knows every player from any team by name, one downfall is the Drive is always delayed from TV time, either that or listen to the bone heads that comentate for sportsnet.

Either way,

GO ICE GO!!!

Unfortunately I have a minor disagreement with you on one point. I mainly follow 3 teams in the central (Lethbridge, Calgary, and Kootenay) and Vancouver so I have been able to watch several games on Sportsnet and Shaw. So far I have found the quality to be excellent and really appreciate the opportunity to watch live WHL games on TV. Since I do not know much about players on many teams, the commentary may or may not be factual, but I still enjoy it.

You are right, Hollick does know most of the players, which is excellent. As do all of the team radio play by play guys. Hollick's broadcasts for road games are usually better than for home games. All too often home games end up being a chat with his partner about poor officiating. Kind of tiring to listen to when that happens. The same happens with other teams. However I definitely prefer the team radio broadcasts over the poor quality internet videos.

fightstrap50
02-08-2007, 07:50 PM
You know what, as soon as you sadi Shaw, those are the bone heads I was refering to. Not Sportsnet, my bad there. Its Dan Russell and his partner that annoy me so.

Rogers takes it seriously for sure, sorry for the confusion.

GO ICE GO!!!

Rammer
02-08-2007, 09:13 PM
It is on Sportsnet Pacific #3 at 7:00 PM PST and Sportsnet West # at 8:00PM PST, Cranbrook time of course altered by one hour from the PST time listed. It will be nice to see the boys play, and as I type they have just begun the game.

Rammer
02-08-2007, 10:42 PM
WEll end of the second and at least I know the game will not end in a 5 - 1 Ice victory, as it is currently 6 - 1, with 4 unanswered goals coming in the second period. Ice had numerous other chances as well, I almost felt sorry for Lethbridge, I said almost. That is a tough display to put on in front of your home crowd, but a big third period comeback would bring them back to life.....not going to happen though. nhl

Chipper
02-08-2007, 11:36 PM
I had to miss the game due to work conditions but it sounds like the boys really came out to win tonight and good on them to win this one big. The Hurricanes played us hard in the first couple of games this year and I think that we have stepped it up and playing them for a hard sixty minutes.

fightstrap50
02-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Game final score ends 7 - 1 in favour of the ICE. What a show they put on tonight after the first period. It was awesome to be able to watch them tonight and get a huge road win back in the books.

Congrats ICE on a great game and showcase of some of the talent and depth we have.

GO ICE GO!!!

Chipper
02-09-2007, 08:22 AM
I didn't watch or listen to the game but the score I see from the news and internet is 8-1 final

loudi94
02-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Game final score ends 7 - 1 in favour of the ICE. What a show they put on tonight after the first period. It was awesome to be able to watch them tonight and get a huge road win back in the books.

Congrats ICE on a great game and showcase of some of the talent and depth we have.

GO ICE GO!!!

Actually it was 8-1. Men against boys tonight.

Rammer
02-09-2007, 10:18 AM

GO ICE GO!!!

The final score was 8 - 1, call me for piling on. :turkey: