PDA

View Full Version : Raiders vs Blades - Feb 8

Drop em' eh
02-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Very important game tonight with a chance to put some more distance between us and sask & moose jaw in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Go Raiders Go yeehoo

Five Hole
02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah, huge 4 pointer for sure. Chance to go 8 ahead of the Blades.
And, we gotta make any games on hand over Swift count, it would put us 2 points ahead of them with the big one Friday night.
Surely we don't want to be the ones to end Swift's winless streak.... :thumb:
Nor do we want the season series with them to slip to 0 -5 !!! Boogaard'd

Looks like every game's big for the rest of the season.... wonder if they're going to lean on Deckert to start every game. Be great to get Aime some game action, but probably a tough call with this race going on....

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
i'll be at the game. hopefully we can use the fact that they're down to 4 reg d-man to our advantage. playing really physical and hitting the d every chance will go a long way. with the blades being short i doubt we see much fights or physical play from them. the blades played last night and could be pretty tired from lack of bodies.

Tidball
02-08-2007, 04:12 PM
i'll be at the game. hopefully we can use the fact that they're down to 4 reg d-man to our advantage. playing really physical and hitting the d every chance will go a long way. with the blades being short i doubt we see much fights or physical play from them. the blades played last night and could be pretty tired from lack of bodies.
Yeah this is thier 3rd game in 3 nights. Hopefully they're still angry(for whatever reason) from the Regina game. I hope Canart and friesen play more then 4-5 shifts. Our D have gotta be tired so im thinking its time for our Newbies to step up. Crowley and CLoud will provide the team with a spark since they never lose energy.

The Blades have to stop Robertson and Hellyer. They're quick and will most likely beat our D to the outside cutting in. I think that will decide the game, whether or not our team can slow them down. And a Klotz VS Gauthier tilt would be nice to see too :). BTW, come down to section R and say hi. :thumb:

Tidball
02-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Sorry for the double post but we MIGHT have 5 D-men. Zahn i think is day to day and expected back soon. That would be a real key return if he made the lineup tonight.

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Sorry for the double post but we MIGHT have 5 D-men. Zahn i think is day to day and expected back soon. That would be a real key return if he made the lineup tonight.
i remember the tail end of last season when the raiders were dressing 15 skaters a game cause of injuries. it aint fun to see but it means there is lots of ice for anyone and lots of chances to show what they can do

Drop em' eh
02-08-2007, 09:52 PM
All right Raiders punk rock Thats a huge 4 pointer !!

Our chances at a playoff spot are looking better now.

Danno, you were at the game, what was your take on the game? Details please, if you would be so kind.

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2007, 11:19 PM
the price of admission wasnt worth it.
opening faceoff i got a lil excited when klotz was out there. he must have had instructions not to fight. flatters wanted him. even tried to line up at the wing next to him. i could hear him yelling (over in section n) now now and klotz wouldnt.
raider goal was a easy one right off the bat, 38 second in. breakdown by the blades d. raiders took a lot of penalties. including a doublw minor for checking from behind by jurik. there were 2 interesting things about it, #1 both players were stopped and jurik hit him (not a very hard crosscheck) and player went down, ok its a penalty but a 4 min minor ??? #2 in the post game show drew wilson raved about jurik and his exeptional job on the pk, escpecially on the 4 min minor in the first... umm duh it was juriks penalty did he cheer em really good from the box cause im not really sure how he helped.
the flatters cloud scrap i cant comment on much as i was in section n and it happenned right in the corner in the only spot i couldnt see well. there was a hit, then cloud and patterson were tussleing with flatters then it was a mob of bodies and i couldnt see further. no clear cut winner and nothing to write home about.
the hit of the game belonged to sam klassen, layed out flatters beautifully and cleanly, gillies should take note. because earlier gillies nailed gauthier full tilt directly from behind (and directly in front of the ref) gauthier punchd him and then slashed him, then said something to the ref and gillies skated off to the bench. mcrae nailed mcdonald from behind
for the blades- troy crowly impressed me as did sam klassen. hulak looks like a star. and brad cole must have played 40-42 min, felt bad for him when the raiders scored the empty netter (you could tell he was really upset)
for the raiders- flatters and may were really good. lamb was being a s#1t disturber, and hitting. dowhay was great threw at least 1 good hit every shift and somehow manages to get only pk and odd 4th line shifts. aime shoulda played. im thinking he needs to or else we're screwed next year, if they dont improve their effort and continue to play like this they wont win many more games

ProStaff
02-09-2007, 01:19 AM
[QUOTE=Dannoabram]the price of admission wasnt worth it.
opening faceoff i got a lil excited when klotz was out there. he must have had instructions not to fight. flatters wanted him. even tried to line up at the wing next to him. i could hear him yelling (over in section n) now now and klotz wouldnt.
Your funny! that isn't even close Flatters and Gauthier wanted nothing to do with Klotz all game Klotz tries all night to go with those clowns and they declined they would rather go after small rookies wake up Danno!

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2007, 07:41 AM
[QUOTE=Dannoabram]the price of admission wasnt worth it.
Your funny! that isn't even close Flatters and Gauthier wanted nothing to do with Klotz all game Klotz tries all night to go with those clowns and they declined they would rather go after small rookies wake up Danno!
dude were you even there ?? it was obvious klotz wasnt allowed to fight, last night.

ProStaff
02-09-2007, 08:05 AM
don't even go there with that , "were you even there B.S" I have season seats right behind the penalty box, no Raider would go with Klotz, if these guy's Flatters and Gauthier are so tough, then why don't they fight, "Fighter's" and not non fighters like Gillies and McCrae etc.

Tidball
02-09-2007, 01:07 PM
the price of admission wasnt worth it.
raider goal was a easy one right off the bat, 38 second in. breakdown by the blades d. raiders took a lot of penalties. including a doublw minor for checking from behind by jurik. there were 2 interesting things about it, #1 both players were stopped and jurik hit him (not a very hard crosscheck) and player went down, ok its a penalty but a 4 min minor ??? #2 in the post game show drew wilson raved about jurik and his exeptional job on the pk, escpecially on the 4 min minor in the first... umm duh it was juriks penalty did he cheer em really good from the box cause im not really sure how he helped.
the flatters cloud scrap i cant comment on much as i was in section n and it happenned right in the corner in the only spot i couldnt see well. there was a hit, then cloud and patterson were tussleing with flatters then it was a mob of bodies and i couldnt see further. no clear cut winner and nothing to write home about.
the hit of the game belonged to sam klassen, layed out flatters beautifully and cleanly, gillies should take note. because earlier gillies nailed gauthier full tilt directly from behind (and directly in front of the ref) gauthier punchd him and then slashed him, then said something to the ref and gillies skated off to the bench. mcrae nailed mcdonald from behind
for the blades- troy crowly impressed me as did sam klassen. hulak looks like a star. and brad cole must have played 40-42 min, felt bad for him when the raiders scored the empty netter (you could tell he was really upset)
for the raiders- flatters and may were really good. lamb was being a s#1t disturber, and hitting. dowhay was great threw at least 1 good hit every shift and somehow manages to get only pk and odd 4th line shifts. aime shoulda played. im thinking he needs to or else we're screwed next year, if they dont improve their effort and continue to play like this they wont win many more games

I agree with you on the most part, and yeah Cole plays a crap load of minutes. Cole and Logan had 1st line time, then Cole and Canart had 3rd line time. Not to mention Cole being on the PK and PP which there was alot of tongiht. Yeah on that Empty Netter Cole actually blocked the first attempt but couldn do anything afterwards cus he was down on the ice already. Sam Klassen has been amazing for us, hes a list player. Troy Crowley needs more ice time, they should play him with Konecny when he returns, and Crowley would rack up assists.

I had a good seat to watch the scrap but i also couldnt see much, looks like 1 punch landed from both and some wrestling. Fans gave the fight quite an ovation, probably cus they were frustraded with Klotz not fighting and wanted to see some action.

Again, i dont know if Klotz was told not to fight or not, he looked pissed out there, maybe it was the Raiders backing off, maybe it was Gauthier/Flatters backing off, i think i speak for everyone when i say"we simply do not know what they said to eachother, they coulda said ""hey, wanna do coffee after the game?"" We dont know.

I disagree with your effort statement. I think the Blades played hard and hit hard(which does require effort) But when it came to getting good shots on net, they just shot from anywhere and hoped for a break(which is what an injured/tired team will do...lacking effort) Menei had to work for his goal and fight up close and he deserved that 1. The Blades get a much needed 6 day rest before the Wheatkings come to town. We manged to upset the Wheatkings last game, lets try it again :).

BTW - GO RAIDERS against Swift tonight, I talked to Gauthier after the game about his next game, he said it was VS Swift, i told him you guys will win that one, he said "well theyve had our number this season" I said, oh, well theyve lost 5 in a row" And hes like "oh REALLY? Well maybe we'll get them this time" Seriously though Raiders, you guys better win this 1.

Five Hole
02-09-2007, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=Tidball]
Again, i dont know if Klotz was told not to fight or not, he looked pissed out there, maybe it was the Raiders backing off, maybe it was Gauthier/Flatters backing off, i think i speak for everyone when i say"we simply do not know what they said to eachother, they coulda said ""hey, wanna do coffee after the game?"" We dont know.

Yeah, somehow I don't think these guys pay too much attention to what all of us might like to see happen out there! But, anybody who's ever played the game knows the kind of trash talkin' that goes on out there. Some of it is pretty basic, stupid heat of the moment stuff, but some of it is pretty funny, too. Best line I ever heard when one guy was asking another guy to go, the other guy said, " Sure..Do you need a couple of minutes to write a suicide note first?" haha
Anybody else have any good ones to share?

howley
02-09-2007, 03:16 PM
In Bantam I lined up at the wing outside the blue line and one of the guys from the other teams bench leaned over and tapped me on the back with his stick and said "Your dead." I turned briefly just to see who it was to take note. He jumped on the ice 15-20 seconds later. I took a hit 35 seconds later and it knocked my helmet off...(in bantam, full face shield, that's a stinkin' hard hit) As I skated to the bench I noticed it was the same guy that talked to me 45 seconds ago. Not really a great 1 liner. More just amazed that he actually almost killed me, just as he said he would.

He jumped me from behind later in the game to try to finish me off...

Knuckle Chucker
02-09-2007, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=Tidball]

Yeah, somehow I don't think these guys pay too much attention to what all of us might like to see happen out there! But, anybody who's ever played the game knows the kind of trash talkin' that goes on out there. Some of it is pretty basic, stupid heat of the moment stuff, but some of it is pretty funny, too. Best line I ever heard when one guy was asking another guy to go, the other guy said, " Sure..Do you need a couple of minutes to write a suicide note first?" haha
Anybody else have any good ones to share?

Ken Baumgartner would skate into a scrum and say "Be careful boys, Daddy's home!!!"

witness
02-09-2007, 03:33 PM
We used to have a tough guy that would line up for a face off and look at his intented victim and say "ding ... ding!"

One of my favorites was "are you going to go? Or are you going to keep pretending that you can play?"

Tidball
02-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Dalyn Flatt "You're going to need a f**king gun to stop me!"
Evan Haw (to Fuder after a fight, fuder challenged him thinking Haws thumb was still broken) "How'd it feel? Bet cha didnt know i got the cast off did ya!?"
Tidball (To Rienhardt after Rienhartd glove punched him three times and were in the box for roughing[Rienhartd was using a cast as an excuse not to fight) "You're gonna f*ckin get it, i dont care about your damn cast" [after the roughing minors were up, Rien sped to his bench but Tidball caught him before he could line change and proceded to beat him"
Mark Fistric (To Tidball after after a fight, Tidball wanted to fight again) "Sorry buddy, but you only get 1 chance, i have a big head and you missed it"[even Tidball couldnt help but laugh at that remark]

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2007, 06:14 PM
why would flatters even line up at wing. the raido guy even said "we are going to have a fight Flatters and klotz talking and flatters moves up to the wing and now,,,,,,there going to play hockey I guess" he was surprised as anyone
hellyer told him to move back after klotz declined
and in section n i could hear clear as day flatters yelling NOW! and NO NOW ! and klotz shaking his head which lead me to thinking klotz said no.

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2007, 06:21 PM
ryan getzlaf - im not gonna fight you i sign cheques with these hands ... (i cant remember who he said it to)

Tidball
02-09-2007, 06:39 PM
hellyer told him to move back after klotz declined
and in section n i could hear clear as day flatters yelling NOW! and NO NOW ! and klotz shaking his head which lead me to thinking klotz said no.

You got some damn strong ears Considering Klotz and Flatters were lined up at left wing(Section S) And you heard him in Section N. I was in Section R and pretty close the the R-S Aisle. And i was trying to listen in on what they were saying and i couldnt hear it. Not calling you a liar, but are you sure you heard Flatters yelling "now"
Maybe instead of "NO NOW" he really said "NOT NOW"

Sorry man, but in N it would be pretty damn hard to hear THAT far away especially since they usually play this stupid Waynes World segment before the opening faceoff.

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Still make sence that flatters moved up from defence to wing to not try and fight
it made no sense for him to say now...... not now .....now ....now as he moved up to the wing (from his natural defense position). and it was quiet for about 15 seconds before puckdrop. and trust me i had been enjoying the silence after that gawd awful terrible annoying excuse for a opening video (yeah the french guy ) awful

Tidball
02-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah that video is terrible. Brad Grass hated doing it. Our previous one was pretty good, with the pirates of the carribean soundtrack.