PDA

View Full Version : Even though we lost tonight in Everett....

Kassian
02-26-2005, 11:57 PM
It was worth watching the game because of the hit by Meszaros in the 3rd period. My god was that one HELL of a hit. Easily the best hit I've seen in many years of watching hockey. I sure hope there is some highlight of that hit out there somewhere. Seeing it one time wasn't nearly enough!! Wow... :groovy:

C.F
02-27-2005, 12:08 AM
It sounded like a hell of a game! Nothing unusual between these 2 teams.

Kassian
02-27-2005, 12:17 AM
It wasn't a bad game but that hit was the highlight of the game for me. Amazing... :bounce:

Tipped Off
02-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Just thought I'd post here what I wrote on the Tips forum about that hit. This is just an exceprt from my whole post...

The 2nd thing that happened was the biggest hit in the history of the Events Center...too bad it was a Tip (Wuchturl) who took it. I think it was Courchaine, but it mught have been Mezaros, I was too busy watching Wuchturl spin through the air to notice. Let me say for the record the hit happened directly in front of my section and despite the ensuing "ref you suck" chant it was a perfectly CLEAN hit. Wuchturl was going at his normal mach 10 speed and the Giant player simply made a good hit. Wuchturl kind of jumped up and to the side to try and avoid it and it ended up looking like a hip check with Wuchturl spinng at least one and a half times in the air before finally dropping to the ice in "pain." I put pain in quotes because despite being helped off the ice and into the locker room without putting any weight on his leg, he missed all of one shift before he came back onto the ice to register an assist on the goal that made the score 3-2. Good no call by the ref (we bad mouth them enough, we should also give them their due).

rinkrat
02-27-2005, 02:36 AM
Great post,Tipped off...I agree,it was a great hit! I believe it was Meszaros.It was a very exciting game.Again a great experience at the EEC.Thanks for helping me get tickets! My family had a great time.We even got into some good back and forth razzing with some Tip fans in the 3rd.I kept yelling at Constantine to pull the goalie! LOL

Kassian
02-27-2005, 03:49 AM
There is no doubt about it, it WAS Meszaros that threw the hit.

Jimmy
02-28-2005, 05:45 PM
I should have read this thread before I posted about it in the other. :o

Jimmy
02-28-2005, 05:48 PM
He must have been working his way up to a big hit like that because I've seen him try the exact same hip check in at least 8 games this month with limited success.