PDA

View Full Version : Blazers at Giants Feb 9th

Carebear
02-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Oh Noooooooes!
Is Hunt Okay!?!?!?!

logan
02-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Ive long thought that Hunt is the toughest player in the WHL -toughest as in no pain tolerance.He sometimes doesnt seem human fighting anyone and hitting everything.So when he goes down and doesnt get up I have to believe its pretty bad.It looked like it was his hip or knee -tough to tell.Either way if hes out what a crucial blow to the Giants -espcially in memorial cup year.As far as team toughness its just him and Lucic night in and night out.For the Giants sake I hope hes alright.

Carebear
02-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Broken Femur.

You'll find Cara crying in the mid of Section B from now on.

Section_Z
02-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah, broken femur is the early prognosis, but even if you err on the side of a less severe injury than that, you're still looking at being out for the rest of the season, maybe the Memorial, too.
Tough break.
Sounds like the boys are out to win it for him, though.

scrunt
02-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Wow, that was awful. It happened right in our faces, my knees were touching the boards right where he hit. At first I thought he just missed his check, but then he was down in the ice on his left side and just stayed very still. For the whole time he was on the ice he never moved a muscle, even though he was conscious the whole time, so I was worried it was something serious.

Man, that sucks. :( (http://misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

sircountalot
02-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Broken Femur...Don was saying he's out for the year. 3 to 6 months! Major blow to the giants. Disappointing for sure for the Hunter!! Of all years!

Carebear
02-10-2007, 01:19 AM
Wow, that was awful. It happened right in our faces, my knees were touching the boards right where he hit. At first I thought he just missed his check, but then he was down in the ice on his left side and just stayed very still. For the whole time he was on the ice he never moved a muscle, even though he was conscious the whole time, so I was worried it was something serious.

Thank god I didnt come tonight ans sit down with you guys eh.

Wishin you a speedy recovery Garet!

rinkrat
02-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Horrible news for Hunt,a real nasty hit on the boards.Dondo and Scrunt,you guys must have been in shock watching Garret right in front of you.Tough thing to watch.
Great game by the boys,totally dominated the Blazers.Looked like the team from last years playoffs.I think the gong show that Dean Clark started at the end is gonna come back and bite him.
Those fights will strengthen the boys resolve and their willingness to go to battle for their teammates.
Clark should have learned that lesson in Jr B.

Knuckles Muldoon
02-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Breaking a femur (a weight-bearing bone) is bad. Long healing time. Just have to hope he is back to full health next fall so he can take a crack at making the team as a 20 yo.
Maybe we've seen the last of him in a Giants uni.
Pretty sad thought. :(

dondo
02-10-2007, 03:14 AM
it was pretty surreal alright -- I don't think I have ever seen Garet that still. He just lay there until the trainer came out and assessed him.

here -- this is from tonights recap

It was at this time, after laying out a few bodies already in the opening minutes that Garet Hunt lined up Keaton Ellerby and missed the check. This is nothing new for Garet except this time he wasn’t getting up. This happened right in front of me and I mean right in front of me, with Garet kissing the glass six inches from my face (I lean forward when I watch hockey). He caught his foot or leg in a stick and hit the boards wrong. When he went down he just kind of lay there and did not move a muscle, quite a mean feat for Garet who is the type of guy who never stops moving. After the trainer came out and had a very lengthy examination and discussion with number 24, remember this is right in front of my eyes, they brought out the stretcher and had to cradle Garet to get him in onto the gurney, Garet still did not move. Later in the game the Shaw camera guy beside me told us that it was probably a broken femur, as that’s what they were saying over his headset. This kind of injury is sure to end Garet’s season, with three to six months of rehab and probable surgery and might sadly put a question mark beside him for next season as he would have to be only one of three over-age players selected to play on the team. It is such a huge loss to the team who I am sure made sure they got the win tonight for Garet Hunt, as they all (to a man) played like he would have played had he been able and it was a good thing to see. I truly hope to see Garet return as an OA player next season as he is probably the most inspirational player the Giants have ever had strap on blades. Garet is pure heart and every team can use a guy like that, not to mention the fans adore the fearless fire-plug with no quit. Heal quickly Garet we will all miss you.

Beaner
02-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Terrible injury to probably our most consistent player all year long.

Get well soon Garet.

Kamfan
02-10-2007, 06:59 PM

Dude, was that you punching the boards when the Giants were called for a penalty in the 3rd (up 5-1 at the time)? Seemed like a little overreaction, no?

rinkrat
02-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Dude, was that you punching the boards when the Giants were called for a penalty in the 3rd (up 5-1 at the time)? Seemed like a little overreaction, no?

Herman was a joke as a ref,he called bonehead calls both ways,The one that really got me was the call on Rabbit,while the Giants were going down the ice on a three on one!But he made phantom calls all night on both teams.

Kamfan
02-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Herman was a joke as a ref,he called bonehead calls both ways,The one that really got me was the call on Rabbit,while the Giants were going down the ice on a three on one!But he made phantom calls all night on both teams.

But this guy literally wound up and punched the boards (the lower part, not the glass) - hard. Like hard enough to break his hand. I mean they were already up 5-1 at that point. Was it really that big of a deal?

Herman definitely overcalled that game though.

Kassian
02-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Those two "hooking" calls on Rabbit were just ridiculous. Either way the officiating didn't determine the outcome of this game. And that's a nice change this day and age...

Knuckles Muldoon
02-10-2007, 08:22 PM
The 3 penalties on Rabbit were three of the weakest calls I've seen in a while. Rabbit was incredulous after each one. He was pleading like an over-matched defense lawyer.

scrunt
02-10-2007, 09:29 PM
But this guy literally wound up and punched the boards (the lower part, not the glass) - hard. Like hard enough to break his hand. I mean they were already up 5-1 at that point. Was it really that big of a deal?

Naw, that wasn't me, but I know who you mean . I sit in very close proximity ;). Dirk, the host in our section, once referred to him as "Thumper." Ranting at referees is his specialty.

Swando
02-11-2007, 01:18 AM
After Herman started making ridiculous calls I started calling him "PEEWEE" the wanker! Got a could laugh out of our section!

dondo
02-11-2007, 02:51 AM
Naw, that wasn't me, but I know who you mean . I sit in very close proximity ;). Dirk, the host in our section, once referred to him as "Thumper." Ranting at referees is his specialty.

yeah it was me ... but it wasn't about the score it was about how completely useless he was --- after watching all the crap he let go in that flurry, and then to call something like that really gets my goat. Herman out and out sucked that night and he was close enough to actually hear the thump so .. I thumped (as is my wont.. :thumb: )

old_time_hockey
02-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Dondo thumps for everything. To cheer, boo, or call the ref a lazy, blind, bias sack of flaming male bovine fecal matter. I am pro thump. Beats the hell out of a cow bell.

In fact, I am thinking of constructing a short little piece of boards to bring with me to thump. Then if I go to Everett, I can thump to try and drown out their cowbells

dondo
02-11-2007, 11:32 PM
I am thinking of constructing a short little piece of boards to bring with me to thump. Then if I go to Everett, I can thump to try and drown out their cowbells

hmmmmmmmm........ *rubs his chin as if he might be thinking :thumb: *