PDA

View Full Version : Jason Reese

bruinsfan9
02-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Time to stir the pot haha. Just wondering what some of you think now about trading away Jason. Lets see I remember many of you saying he only was doing as good as he was in Vancouver because he had great players around him and he was on a good team. Hmmmm Now in Moose Jaw last place team 21 goals and 50 points on the season. More points than anyone on the Giants. Change od scenery didnt seem to hurt him - in fact he's even better now. Wonder how much he might have really helped the Giants had they kept him and given him quality ice time. Sorry but I think Moose Jaw got the better end of that trade. By the way, hows McArdle doing there?

sircountalot
02-10-2007, 12:52 AM
McArdle's doing fine thanks...turning his game around. 1st star in the big game tonight! Not afraid to work in the corners, throw a hit or fight if need be. You can tell he has the potential to be a game changer. Big players come up big in big games. Glad to hear that Jason is doing so well despite being on a basement dweller. Hopefully he'll keep up his play and get drafted.

See you at the Mem cup in May!

scrunt
02-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Lets see I remember many of you saying he only was doing as good as he was in Vancouver because he had great players around him and he was on a good team.

Funny, I don't recall ever hearing that. In fact, quite the opposite, I recall many of us said that he should have been a better player than he ever showed us. I recall the charges against Reese were that he played a perimeter game, never finished checks and would be invisible on many nights, despite flashes of something good every once in a while; that he had first line potential but was never consistent or hard-working enough to earn first line minutes.

Clearly he's on a team now that plays a style that suits him. Had he stayed with the Giants, I don't think anything would have changed. He still wouldn't be a first liner in Don Hay's book.

I think the Giants are a better team with McArdle than they would have been with Reese, because there's no way in hell he would be racking up the points in Vancouver that he's getting in MJ. I'm not sorry he's gone, and I'm glad for you that he's achieving success in the right environment.

rinkrat
02-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Time to stir the pot haha. Just wondering what some of you think now about trading away Jason. Lets see I remember many of you saying he only was doing as good as he was in Vancouver because he had great players around him and he was on a good team. Hmmmm Now in Moose Jaw last place team 21 goals and 50 points on the season. More points than anyone on the Giants. Change od scenery didnt seem to hurt him - in fact he's even better now. Wonder how much he might have really helped the Giants had they kept him and given him quality ice time. Sorry but I think Moose Jaw got the better end of that trade. By the way, hows McArdle doing there?
Can we call Jason coach killer now?

Swando
02-10-2007, 01:17 AM
I dare say the intensity level of teams playing the MJ Warriors would be far below of that when teams face the Memorial Cup host team and reigning WHL Champs. Every game is a test. I felt that Jason didn't thrive in intense games but rather would disappear at times. Remember when he was sat out during the Memorial Cup? He disappeared in the biggest games of his career. I think thats what the Giants Brass thot as well.
I felt that only in the last 2 games has McCardle been showing his true potential...wow what wheels that guy has. Hay said in an interview that they are trying to get him to skate north-south to be more effective. If tonight games vs Kamloops was any indication ..we are seeing the reall Kendall
Glad Jason is doing well. I think we are all cheering for him even though he is no longer a Giant.

Knuckles Muldoon
02-10-2007, 01:34 AM
It's good to see JR continuing to do well in a losing situation in MJ. But for the Giants, this was about having players who can make a difference deep into the playoffs and MC. In that regard, McArdle is the player to have. He thrives on intensity, while JR shies away from it. But I'm still hoping Jason can meet his potential in this league, and am impressed he's scored well for the Warriors.

dondo
02-10-2007, 03:09 AM
yup you got it wrong -- the reason I had a problem with Jason was work ethic which he has much more of now, and a lack of playing time due to the fact that he was skill player who was playing a depth position.

Good for JR finally getting some top guys to play with, MJ is not a deep team at all and he gets quality minutes with them, where-as he wouldn't have got them here. I like McArdle and I believe I'm going to like him even more come playoff time. As demonstrated tonight he's a big game kind of player.

Kassian
02-10-2007, 05:11 AM
As a Giants fan, I'd still take that trade anyday of the week. The fact of the matter is Jason Reese wouldn't have produced like he has in Moose Jaw with Vancouver. So even if he were still with the team it isn't like anything would be much different. McArdle does seem to be turning it up a notch and if he can keep this up somewhat consistantly he is much more valuable than Jason Reese will ever be.

N.W. Bruin
02-11-2007, 12:14 PM
In the Jaw he is a top line forward so of course he would put up big numbers. McArdle has not produced like I wanted him to but the recent games at least he is being snakebit in scoring opertunities meaning things are coming around.