PDA

View Full Version : 15 Year Fave Team

3rebels
02-10-2007, 12:35 AM
As the Reb's 15th year is approaching, I was wondering if anyone would like to name an All-Time Rebels Team ??
2) Goalies
6) Defencemen
12) Forwards
Just an idea !!

Shinyshoes
02-10-2007, 01:08 AM
Ill take a stab at it. Keep in mind too, that you said "My Favorite" team, not necissarily the most skilled.....

Goalies:
Marc Magliarditti
Cam Ward
(Honourable mention to Dustin Schwartz...he was so much fun to watch)

Defence:
Dion Phaneuf
Jessie Wallen
Doug Lynch
Jim Vandermeer
Darren Van Impe
Terry Lindgren

Forwards:
Martin Erat
Terry Ryan
B.J. Young
Justin Mapletoft
Aaron Asham
Craig Reichert
Jonathan Zukiwsky
Boyd Gordon
Pete LeBoutillier
Colby Armstrong
Brad Leeb
Colin Fraser

SectionNDeserter
02-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Not bad Shiny, but I am going to stick to the true Rebels, and leave the 'rentals' out of my list. :D

Goalies:
1: Cam Ward
2: Shane Bendera

Defensemen:
1: Dion Phaneuf
2: Darren Van Impe
3: Jim Vandermeer
4: Jeff Wowytka
5: Terry Lindgren
6: Lloyd Shaw

Forwards:
1: BJ Young
2: Boyd Gordon
3: Arron Asham
4: Justin Mapletoft
5: Greg Schmidt
6: Pete LeBoutillier
7: Brad Leeb
8: Frantisek Mrazek
9: Ken Richardson
10: Martin Hanzal
11: Eddie Marchant
12: Colby Armstrong

mapletoft
02-10-2007, 11:11 AM
I like these kinda things...here's my take...

Goalies:
Cam Ward
James Reimer

Defence:
Derek Meech
Dion Phaneuf
Jim Vandermeer
Darren Van Impe
Mike Berube
Len Macausland

Forwards:
Justin Mapletoft
Aaron Asham
Boyd Gordon
Todd Johnson
Colby Armstrong
Martin Hanzal
Colin Fraser
Carsen Germyn
Justin Wallin
Pete Vandermeer
Greg Schmidt
Andrew Bergen

RDRebelsfan
02-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Goalies
Cam Ward
James Reimer

Defence
Dion Phaneuf
Jim Vandermeer
Derek Meech
Bryce Thoma
Doug Lynch
Jeff Woywitka

Forwards
Martin Hanzal
BJ Young
Aaron Asham
Boyd Gordon
Colin Fraser
Matt Ellison
Colby Armstrong
Joel Stepp
Justin Mapletoft
Kyle Wanvig
Martin Erat
Chris Neiszner

3rebels
02-11-2007, 11:07 PM
I like everyone's so far. Hard to choose as we have had some pretty decent players here. As it is, here's my take:
Goalies
Cam Ward
James Reimer

Defence
Dion Phaneuf
Jim Vandermeer
Derek Meech
Bryce Thoma
Doug Lynch
Jeff Woywitka

Forwards
Martin Hanzal
BJ Young
Aaron Asham
Boyd Gordon
Colin Fraser
Matt Ellison
Colby Armstrong
Carsen Germyn
Justin Mapletoft
Kyle Wanvig
Martin Erat
Chris Neiszner

mapletoft
02-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Just for kicks, I'm going to take this one step further - 4 lines, 3 d pairings...of course Wardo will start in goal with Reims being a capable backup!

Meech'A'/Phaneuf
Vandermeer'C'/Van Impe
Berube/Macausland

Mapletoft-Hanzal-Armstrong
Fraser-Asham-Gordon
Schmidt-Johnson'A'-Germyn
Wallin-Bergen-Vandermeer

Hey...I'm just bored right now! nhl3

Tinner
02-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Goalies:
Shane Bendera
Cam Ward
(Honourable mention to Dustin Schwartz)

Defence:
Dion Phaneuf
Jessie Wallin
Doug Lynch
Jim Vandermeer
Darren Van Impe
Stephen Peat
Derek Meech

Forwards:
Joel Stepp
Terry Ryan
B.J. Young
Justin Mapletoft
Aaron Asham
Craig Reichert
Pete Vandermeer
Boyd Gordon
Pete LeBoutillier
Colby Armstrong
Brad Leeb
Kyle Wanvig

Martin Erat, although finishing with the Rebels, never spent enough time here to qualify for this list, in my opinion and I guess I'm putting Martin Hanzel in the same position.

Shinyshoes
02-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Martin Erat, although finishing with the Rebels, never spent enough time here to qualify for this list, in my opinion and I guess I'm putting Martin Hanzel in the same position.
Curious how Erat (Playing 17 regular season games, and 22 playoff games for the Rebs), and Hanzel (as of this post, 49 Regular season games) doesnt qualify for your team, but Terry Ryan(16 regular, 16 playoff) does?

Tinner
02-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Although I dont think I have to defend my choices, as they are just that, my choices, I will. I don't think that the "rent-a-player" fits with the intent and its too early for Hanzel, if at all, to be considered as an "all time Rebel". Terry Ryan was not a rent-a-player and because of concussions spent time in the injury list.

Shinyshoes
02-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Although I dont think I have to defend my choices, as they are just that, my choices, I will.I didnt mean to offend you. You had specifically stated you had eliminated Erat and Hanzel, so I was just curious what your criteria was that would allow Ryan and not them. As I stated in my first post, People were suppost to pick "My Favorite" team. I was just wondering your criteria.

Tinner
02-14-2007, 10:27 PM
no problem, when I read the very first post, it says " all time Rebels team".
So I'm wrong and right depending whether they are faves or all-times. As a favorite, I would pick Erat and Hanzel over some of my other picks and actually I would have picked Schwartz also.

Nature Boy
02-15-2007, 06:29 PM
These are my picks. I have only seen the Rebels for the last ten seasons or so. So i did not see the early years.

Goalies

Cam Ward
Shane Bendera

Defenseman

Dion Phaneuf
Darek Meech
Daren Van Impe
Jim Vandermeer
Jeff Woywitka
Jesse Wallin

Forwards

Justin Mapletoft
Arron Asham
BJ Young
Brad Leeb
Kyle Wanvig
Colby Armstrong
Martin Erat
Martin Hanzal
Brandon Sutter
Boyd Gordon
Brett Sutter
Shawn McNeil

SectionNDeserter
02-15-2007, 06:39 PM
actually I would have picked Schwartz also.Schwartz falls into the same category of player that made me put Lloyd Shaw on my list. Neither of them were very skilled players, but they were sure entertaining to watch!

mapletoft
02-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Schwartz...Shaw....that's why I picked MacCausland - small, packed a mighty punch, took on anybody - scrapping and yapping!

Rebel66
02-16-2007, 01:19 AM
My choices:

Cam Ward (obviously)
Shane Bendera
(I really liked Marc Magliarditi too, even though he only played here for a short while) Reimer could possibly replace Bendera next season.

Jim Vandemeer
Dion Phaneuf
Darren Van Impe
Ross Lupaschuk
Dougie Lynch (if only for THE goal)
Jesse Wallin
(Woywitka and Meech would be really close. edit: and Thoma too)

Martin Hanzal
Marty Erat (only here a short time but what an impact!)
BJ Young (RIP)
Greg Schmidt
Colby Armstrong
Justin Mapletoft
Boyd Gordon
Arron Asham
Craig Reichert
Colin Fraser
Kyle Wanvig
Shawn McNeil
(Some tough omissions here. Leeb, Ryan (another player with huge impact), the Sutter boys, Germyn, Neiszner, Bergen, and Zukiwsky could all be considered too)

Good thread. Great to remember some of the past Rebel greats!

3rebels
02-17-2007, 12:32 AM
The whole idea behind this thread was to see who you, the poster, thought was YOUR fave all time team. There should be no "Right OR Wrong". It was meant as a tribute to all the players who blazed Rebel lore. Keep them coming as I am having a blast reading the posts. PLEASE No more bickering.
Thanks applause

rdreb
02-20-2007, 11:23 PM
cam ward
jason clague

Terry Lindgren
Derek Meech
Dion Phaneuf
Byrce Thoma
Jim Vandermeer
Jesse Walin

Colby Armstrong
Arron Asham
Matt Ellison
Martim Erat
Boyd Gorden
Martin Hanzel
Brad Leeb
Ty Morris
Joel Stepp
B.J. Young
Kyle Wanvig
Justin Mapletolf

There are still a few player I could add to this list

3rebels
02-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Add your "Honorable Mentions" as :
Healthy scratches
Injured reserve
Taxi squad
whatever
I miss a lot of these guys and reading about the names of who shoulda, woulda, coulda been the Dream Team is my brain buzz.
Thanks and keep em comin' nhl3 applause

Broncs in RD
03-01-2007, 06:12 AM
Mike Whitney as a third goalie

Brandonite
05-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Everybody's list should include B.J. Young!! He is without a doubt the all-time greatest Rebel. He was outstanding to watch, and such a little guy! I remember when they kicked Brandon one year like 11-2 or something and Young scored a goal from his stomach top shelf. I will never forget that, he was always my personal favorite to watch. As most of us know, Young passed away a couple years ago.

metalrules
07-28-2009, 11:46 PM
I thought the goalie Wickenheiser would have made someones list mind you he did not play really well until he was 19 or 20 and traded to Portland.

metalrules
07-28-2009, 11:50 PM
And just as a side bar, By years end I think that Nugent-Hopkins kid is going to be at the top of everyones list. I can't wait to see that kid come to town. I have heard so much about him. He might be the next superstar in this league.

Brandonite
07-29-2009, 05:07 AM
And just as a side bar, By years end I think that Nugent-Hopkins kid is going to be at the top of everyones list. I can't wait to see that kid come to town. I have heard so much about him. He might be the next superstar in this league.

Yeah last year I talked to Justin Weller when the Rebels were in Brandon (Weller was injured) and he said Nugent-Hopkins is easily the best 15 year old he has personally ever seen. An associate of mine also used to coach Nugent-Hopkins when he was like 12 or 13 and he said he was unbelievable then too. If you can get 4 points in 5 games as a 15 year old, your doing something right!