PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it?

playa
02-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Why wouldn't Doucet shoot in the shoot out last night? I only listened to the game but he sounded like he did great and his line was really producing

Shinyshoes
02-11-2007, 11:39 AM
As for the topic of this thread, i agree that doucet was having a good game, and would believe that if the shootout had gone another round, he would have been our shooter. As for the people Sutter picked, they are the only 4 left on our team that have scored a goal in the shootout this season. That may be why Doucet was left out.....

As for the comments not related to the topic of this thread:

Your guess would be as good as anybody elses. Look at the first unit powerplay, still operating at 9% but still get a minute and a half to chase the puck up and down the ice with no shots on net. Good luck in trying to figure either one out. We all understand you have a problem with the powerplay. You continually gripe about it, under every topic, in every single post you make on this board. This thread, about Doucet and the shootout, you bring up the powerplay. You even had a post deleted by a mod (not myself) in a thread about the line brawl in Speedy creek, because it had nothing to do with the topic. Let it go, even just for a couple of days. I can understand you posting about it in a new thread, which you did only 7 days ago, but then we hear about it in every other thread since then. If you continue to have comments about the powerplay, post it in the POWERPLAY thread

hockey4
02-12-2007, 02:11 AM
the shootout is a whole different game. when i think shootouts, i think of sutter, hanzal, vandermeer,starkov, wray, ect... . id imagine the coaches get a feel of who can do it during practice, when you can see players go one on one with the goalie. doucet scored to grabage goals, theres nothing wrong with that, but i dont think it warrants being able to be in the shootout.

SectionNDeserter
02-12-2007, 07:16 AM
doucet scored to grabage goals, theres nothing wrong with that, but i dont think it warrants being able to be in the shootout.Well, I know that at least one of his goals, he deflected down a waist-high shot, that sure didn't seem like a garbage goal! :D But I know what you are getting at. The guys that are usually put out on the shootouts are guys that do well in the shootout competitions at practice (Pighin apparently cleans up on those, despite not really scoring a lot in games).

hockey4
02-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Well, I know that at least one of his goals, he deflected down a waist-high shot, that sure didn't seem like a garbage goal.

to be even more precise, he actually batted at it out of clean are, not just deflected it. but yah again, while that takes skill, maybe not the same skill for a shootout. and like an above poster said, maybe if it went to 5-6-7 shooters, he would have been given a chance. i FIRMLY do not agree with the shootout. the game against chilliwack is a great example. We WOULD have won the game seeing we had tons of pressure and chilliwack had virtually no chances in the 3rd/overtime. the game does not need to be sold in canada like it does in the states, so whats the point, so take this garbage away and use 3 on 3 for 5 minutes.