PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about last night

transplantedbronco
02-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Wanting to hear peoples thoughts about last nights game. We went to war it seems and lost. I dont know if there is a magical answer that will fix everything right now. Some say coaching ( and yes I have critizied the coaching i admit that ) but I dont think that will fix all are problems right now. We can play these top teams. Our players have to get back to what works for them. They need to finnish their checks. Hit these guys hard and hit them often. Get the opposition to take retalitory penalties not us. I also think we need to forget aobut trying to get the PRETTY goals. Shoot from anywhere. When someone does finally get in front of the net we skate around and try to pass to set up the pretty goal and they always intercept and they usually get an odd man rush. I dont care about pretty. 2 day later no one remembers if they were pretty or ugly we just remember the final score. Shoot the puck and have the guys going to the net a chance to get the rebound. But right now something is not working. I will keep going to the games and keeping the faith that theses guys CAN and WILL turn this around. Guys keep the faith in yourselves, trust the guy next to you and believe in each other. Dont allow anyone to tell you other wise keep your heads up and PLAY FOR EACH OTHER. Right now dont play for your family or friends or even the coach, Play for your team look at the Crest on the front of your jersey and just give er heII so you can look yourself in the mirror and have your pride.

d-man
02-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Plain and simple - SHUT UP!!! Leavold takes 2 minutes for roughing but has to yap all the way to the box, when he continues after being warned Rainman gives him 10 minutes. This is at the same time Schendo is sitting for 17 minutes.
In the third RJ comes out of the box after brandon scores on the PP, yaps at Rainman and gets tossed for another 10. Levi same thing after the scuffle in the third can't SHUT UP and takes a 10.
Obviously the ref wasn't taking any crap last night so SHUT UP take your 2 minutes whether its deserved or not. Then again it must be the coach. Deano should have duct taped their traps shut. :mad:

Flathead
02-16-2007, 07:13 PM
This is a little late, but this is what I thought of the Brandon game. We get a 5-3 pp, McCrimmon doesn't like it and comes down to ice level to let the ref know about it. Who gets the next two penalties, we do and Brandon has a 5 on 3 and scores the game winning goal to go ahead 3-2(our player had just stepped on the ice so was 5-4) The same thing happened on the Brandon fifth goal, just before, McCrimmon was hopping mad about a call and we get a penalty and they score again, all because McCrimmon talks to his players(while the game is going on), talks to the ref, and shows a lot of emotion and heart behind the bench and that emotion and heart that the players see, gives them a reason to play with emotion and heart. The only time Dean said anything to the ref was with about 3 minutes left in the game and we were losing 6-2( a little late), the rest of the game he stood there biting his lip and adjusting his glasses. You want the kids to show some heart and emotion, maybe the coach should show some himself. That's my thoughts on the game against Brandon.